Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2047509 - 03/14/20 06:50 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: kellyfenton]
DCHawk1 Offline
Proudly Derivative.

Loc: District of Columbia
Originally Posted By: kellyfenton
Originally Posted By: DCHawk1
Joe Rogan. MF'n host of the most popular podcast on earth. And who makes between $75,000 and $100,000 per episode.

Well now THAT’S a sure mark of quality. So him and Rush Limbaugh then.

It's OK. We've all been around here long enough to know how much you resent the idea that people who don't think like you could also be smarter than you.

#2047551 - 03/17/20 08:58 AM Re: This just in..... [Re: DCHawk1]
parkhawk3319 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Bohemia
So the party of fiscal responsibility is slowing down the corona virus bill in the Senate because we have to consider the costs and how this is going to be paid for. I think we all know how it can be paid for.

With tax cuts, for me.
Culture is a swampland of superstition, ignorance and abuse.

#2047568 - 03/19/20 09:09 AM Re: This just in..... [Re: kellyfenton]
parkhawk3319 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Because Ron Johnson was making KS look too liberal.....

Also on Wednesday, Gov. Laura Kelly announced she was banning evictions and foreclosures for the next six weeks, adding to her administration’s response to the unprecedented health crisis caused by COVID-19.

The executive order, which the governor signed earlier in the week without making it public, prohibited mortgage foreclosures by financial institutions operating in Kansas, as well as commercial and residential evictions. The order is in effect until May 1.

“We understand that this pandemic is creating unprecedented challenges for people across the state,” Kelly said. “Kansas families need our support, and my administration is committed to doing everything it can to make sure Kansans can stay in their homes and businesses. It’s a necessary step to further protect Kansans’ health and safety.”

The Kansas Senate responded to Kelly’s latest executive branch actions by passing a resolution limiting the governor’s emergency power. Senate Republicans argued the Democratic governor was unilaterally wading into areas that could infringe on individual freedom and undermine the free-market economy.

“I think there needs to be a measured response,” Sen. Mike Thompson, a Kansas City-area Republican who was irritated some funeral homes had voluntarily closed. “Apparently, everybody is supposed to wait to die for two weeks because of this situation.”

Sen. Pat Pettey, D-Kansas City, came to the support of Kelly and denounced efforts by some lawmakers to politicize the state’s response. “It’s not a hoax. It’s not made up,” Pettey said.

Kelly also has issued executive orders to close public schools, limit mass gatherings and block utilities from disconnecting services. She also announced state workers under her supervision will be sent home for two weeks, starting Monday.

The Senate altered a House-passed extension of the governor’s executive powers for when the Legislature wasn’t in session. Senators voted first to adopt an amendment offered by Sen. Dennis Pyle, R-Hiawatha, blocking seizure of ammunition by the governor.

Sen. Caryn Tyson, R-Parker, convinced a majority in the Senate to amend the measure to keep the governor from raiding city and county government accounts, forbid seizure of private property, block orders to move livestock and people, and prohibit movement of alcoholic beverages during the crisis.

YES, we must protect people's ammo from the Democrats because that is the next thing Laura Kelly is obviously going to go for.

Good call trumpublicans! So forward thinking!

#2047571 - 03/19/20 10:33 AM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Flint Hills
Ks publicans make it sound like the Carolina publicans have taken their show on the road.

#2047575 - 03/19/20 03:53 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
JimWest Online   happy
))<>((

Kansas is lol

#2047586 - 03/20/20 05:41 AM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
kellyfenton Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

We Are Not A Shipping Clerk. Trump/Pence 2020!

#2047590 - 03/20/20 12:47 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
kellyfenton Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

The PTSD coming out of this presidency is going to be real and lasting. Three years ago who could have imagined a United States president behaving this way —at ANY time — let alone during a national crisis? Abject lying, blame-shifting, ignorance in all matters, insulting political opponents and the media, using the event to stoke his racist supporters.
Who could have imagined?

#2047592 - 03/20/20 03:07 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: kellyfenton]
parkhawk3319 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

No, no, no, no, no, tell me this isn't still going on today.

Trump was then asked by Roberts whether chloroquine had been shown to be effective against SARS during the 2002-2003 outbreak of that virus.

“It was very, as I understand that,” Trump said before turning to Fauci. “Is that a correct statement? It was fairly effective against SARS.”

Fauci then stepped to the podium to throw cold water on that characterization.

“You’ve got to be careful when you say ‘fairly effective.’ It was never done in a clinical trial that compared it to anything. It was given to individuals and felt that maybe it works,” Fauci said.

While Trump deferred to Fauci’s expertise, he also seemed to push against it at times during the briefing.

“Let’s see if it works. It might and it might not. I happen to feel good about it, but who knows? I’ve been right a lot. Let’s see what happens,” Trump said.

The FDA has yet to approve chloroquine for prescription to treat or prevent COVID-19, but Trump has been pressuring officials at the agency to speed up that process.

“We’ll use it on people who are not doing great, or even at the beginning of not feeling well,” Trump said, adding, “What do we have to lose? It’s been out there for so long. We hear good things. Let’s see, maybe it works and maybe it doesn’t.”

Yes folks, he's been right a lot, the snake oil salesman thinks you should take it and let's see what happens.

What have we got to lose? I think that is how we got here. We lost our collective minds.

We are one step away from rolling dice to decide what our next step is in this crisis. And everyone remember to tell the Dear Leader what a great thing it is that he is rolling the dice for us because he is blessed and so are we by his leadership.

#2047593 - 03/20/20 03:31 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
kellyfenton Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

As I understand it being legitimately outraged that we have a functional moron not only incapable of dealing with this crisis, but making it worse every day ... is politicizing it. I hope everyone who thought this was all hilarious the past three years has stopped laughing.

#2047597 - 03/20/20 04:17 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
lobster Offline
You feel the pinch?

Loc: DCHawk's basement.
If Biden does choose Tulsi Gabbard as his VP, I would feel okay voting for him. You have to think that should he pass away, you really want someone in there that can steer us in a decent direction.

#2047599 - 03/20/20 04:54 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
kellyfenton Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Umm ... no chance. Maybe Abbas will pick her when HE’S up again.

#2047600 - 03/20/20 05:22 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
lobster Offline
You feel the pinch?

People are wanting someone more moderate and stable, and Gabbard represents that. Harris represents the more extreme left, and Biden might want to distance himself from candidates like her.
There is a chance.

#2047603 - 03/20/20 06:17 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
kellyfenton Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

You really need to give up the Tulsi fantasy. Well, at least the one about her being VEEP.

#2047608 - 03/20/20 07:56 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: lobster]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Flint Hills
Originally Posted By: lobster
If Biden does choose Tulsi Gabbard as his VP, I would feel okay voting for him. You have to think that should he pass away, you really want someone in there that can steer us in a decent direction.

If Biden were to do something that utterly stupid his nomination would immediately be invalidated. We do not need nor want anything near a wannabe republican on the ticket. Gabbard will not even retain her seat in Congress, let alone be a candidate for VP...because selecting someone who will steer us in the direction is essential. She ain't it.

#2047611 - 03/20/20 08:05 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
lobster Offline
You feel the pinch?

I don't see her as a "wanna be republican". She's more of a moderate democrat. She is the only one who was serious about ending our involvement in foreign wars, which we are going into trillions of debt to do (not to mention the loss of lives). Are you against this? Who else was suggesting to do anything about this?

Kamala is a big phony. I live out here in California, and a lot of people out here don't like her because they see through her b.s.

Warren? She would be okay, but she's too much part of the elite establishment. I would much rather have her than Harris.

Page 156 of 183 < 1 2 ... 154 155 156 157 158 ... 182 183 >

Preview