Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2042940 - 09/23/19 07:32 AM Re: Take aways from WVU [Re: Jhawktalk]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
First off, we are competing and people ACTUALLY CARE AGAIN. That is refreshing to see.

Secondly, we will not have better refs until we improve. Believe it or not, refs are assigned games based on their performance in previous games and seasons and on the "size" of the game. KU always gets the bottom of the barrel when it comes to refs, because face it...we haven't even had a program in a decade. I have a pt who refs (mostly Juco and some FBS DII) who attends camps and workshops all over the country in the summertime. He basically has been slotted to move up to D1 "C" group, which means D1 games in smaller venues where the games aren't as "important" to the NCAA. Yeah...he stated he will probably be doing KU and KSU games next season.

RCJHKU!

#2042946 - 09/23/19 12:20 PM Re: Take aways from WVU [Re: Jhawktalk]
vmlb Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Had the receiver called for a fair catch, then the call would have been correct.
I have a question about our QBS. What does the depth chart say? I am a big CS supporter, but I am curious as to why Miles came in instead of McVittle. He doesn't have any redshirt years available, does he? What does our QB situation look like for next year? Was there the "close competition" in the fall camp, or was that a lot of BS?

#2042947 - 09/23/19 01:15 PM Re: Take aways from WVU [Re: Jhawktalk]
appyhawk Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Flint Hills
That QB thing took me by surprise too, vmib.

More about the onside kick call...https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2018/11/22/successful-onside-kicks-have-nearly-disappeared/38584697/

Regardless the how or why it didn't work, IT DID NOT WORK. The result was entirely negative. That is the type call that helps losing football teams remain losing football teams. Similar to going for it on 4th and whatever deep in your own end when there is a jage of time still on the clock. Bad play call.

#2042953 - 09/23/19 05:37 PM Re: Take aways from WVU [Re: Jhawktalk]
vmlb Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Looks like LJW is also questioning the QB situation.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Preview