Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2042776 - 09/15/19 03:09 AM So I was wrong
used_cars Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Loc: Dallas, TX
Maybe our boys aren't the same as under Gill. I can admit to pessimism. Sorry boys and coach. But you know losing to cc was rough for the fragile base

#2042777 - 09/15/19 03:21 AM Re: So I was wrong [Re: used_cars]
used_cars Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

If they beat coastal Carolina like they should have we would all be arguing for national rankings

#2042778 - 09/15/19 04:02 AM Re: So I was wrong [Re: used_cars]
used_cars Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Not saying we would get it but that's what we would talking about

#2042786 - 09/15/19 09:18 AM Re: So I was wrong [Re: used_cars]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Calm yourself. One win does not mean anything. Wait and see.

How quickly you ruralites forget...

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article120464853.html

#2042787 - 09/15/19 09:44 AM Re: So I was wrong [Re: used_cars]
DrGreydog Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: Topeka
You could say, that without the loss to Costal Carolina the team and coaches may not have felt the urgency to make the changes necessary for the win at Boston College.

I am hoping that whatever changed....better execution, more RPO principals, whatever it was, continues. Play at the level shown in Boston make several Big 12 games winnable.

#2042791 - 09/15/19 12:40 PM Re: So I was wrong [Re: JimWest]
Kirk Offline
Lawrence Legend

Loc: Austin
Originally Posted By: JimWest
Calm yourself. One win does not mean anything. Wait and see.

How quickly you ruralites forget...

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article120464853.html

I get it. The win over BC doesn't make KU a dynasty. Superficially, it looks like we've been here before.

But check the difference. Texas, at a low point in its program, dominated the game in most categories, but turned the ball over 9,000 times, allowing KU to stumble its way into an OT victory in Lawrence.

I realize I'm just feeding a lowly troll here. One of those guys who feels so good about badmouthing his school that he probably roots for the opposing team.

#2042795 - 09/15/19 04:30 PM Re: So I was wrong [Re: used_cars]
moose1 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Wichita
I don’t get the sense Used Cars is a troll. I think he is a fan. He is just frustrated like a lot of fans are. We had are hopes lifted only too be dashed.

I have been wondering about CC And BC and what it all means. I can’t quite comprehend the difference in KU over the last two games. How does that happen? Could they have spread it out and beaten CC. There is a good chance the answer is yes. Is CC better than we thought? Is BC worse than we thought? Where is KU really?

I wonder what if on CC, but the game is over and a KU can’t change that. I am looking forward to WVU and I hope KU is focused on them instead of thinking about the win over BC. I hope KU continues to get better no matter what the record ends up, and they keep the 2020 class intact.

#2042799 - 09/16/19 10:28 AM Re: So I was wrong [Re: moose1]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
Originally Posted By: moose1
I don’t get the sense Used Cars is a troll. I think he is a fan. He is just frustrated like a lot of fans are. We had are hopes lifted only too be dashed.

He was referring to "Jim West", not "used cars".

#2042801 - 09/16/19 11:45 AM Re: So I was wrong [Re: moose1]
Kirk Offline
Lawrence Legend

Loc: Austin

I have been wondering about CC And BC and what it all means. I can’t quite comprehend the difference in KU over the last two games. How does that happen? Could they have spread it out and beaten CC. There is a good chance the answer is yes. Is CC better than we thought? Is BC worse than we thought? Where is KU really?

I wonder what if on CC, but the game is over and a KU can’t change that. I am looking forward to WVU and I hope KU is focused on them instead of thinking about the win over BC. I hope KU continues to get better no matter what the record ends up, and they keep the 2020 class intact.

Keegan (now in Boston, of course) wrote an article saying KU's speed was the thing that overwhelmed BC, whose players are mostly big, but kinda slow.

Perhaps that was a factor, but I think our coaching staff is doing a great job making adjustments, finding out what works and, you know, like, MAKING ADJUSTMENTS while also sticking with the starting QB instead of flip-flopping every quarter or so. The BC defense definitely didn't know which gap to stop.

Did I mention making adjustments?

#2042804 - 09/16/19 03:04 PM Re: So I was wrong [Re: Kirk]
moose1 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Wichita
Originally Posted By: Kirk

Keegan (now in Boston, of course) wrote an article saying KU's speed was the thing that overwhelmed BC, whose players are mostly big, but kinda slow.

Perhaps that was a factor, but I think our coaching staff is doing a great job making adjustments, finding out what works and, you know, like, MAKING ADJUSTMENTS while also sticking with the starting QB instead of flip-flopping every quarter or so. The BC defense definitely didn't know which gap to stop.

Did I mention making adjustments?

Well they had to do something. It was clear the tight I formation from the 80s was not going to work watching the CC game. Heck even KU announcers were wondering why KU was not doing things differently. That said kudos to the staff for making the changes. A lot of times coaches talk about needing to make changes, but then never do anything different.

I also think they did a good job rotating in linebackers to keep them fresh. That definitely helps keep the speed of the defenders up.

#2042812 - 09/17/19 05:14 PM Re: So I was wrong [Re: used_cars]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Moose- the new staff has to have some time to get the adjustment thing going. Betty has zero adjustments in mind.

Preview