Page 18 of 19 < 1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2042696 - 09/13/19 11:17 PM Re: GTS? [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Kman_blue Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By: Jayhawk1952
JW can blather all he wants, the sweetness of victory cannot be diminished one iota by him.
I thought he was just drunk, but this may be a hallucinogen.

#2042697 - 09/13/19 11:22 PM Re: GTS? [Re: Jayhawk1952]
JimWest Online   happy
))<>((

"INSIGHT" they reckoned. Yes, Insight is what this small band needed to project.

Was Insight a product of contract extensions or was it a product of something else?

Was that hue orange? Or could it be tangerine?

#2042698 - 09/13/19 11:25 PM Re: GTS? [Re: Jayhawk1952]
JimWest Online   happy
))<>((

Bill's eyes lit up as he realized what his trio had to do. They needed to educate the mob on the merits of Fort Worth, not Miami.

#2042699 - 09/13/19 11:27 PM Re: GTS? [Re: Jayhawk1952]
JimWest Online   happy
))<>((

But how? How could they appease this growing mob, emanating from the memory of the shadowed man.

They needed something more. A beacon. A sign. What had been released by the huge mass?

#2042700 - 09/13/19 11:29 PM Re: GTS? [Re: Jayhawk1952]
JimWest Online   happy
))<>((

Could they harness that? Was it the answer? What was it?

What was the hue?

#2042703 - 09/13/19 11:34 PM Re: GTS? [Re: Jayhawk1952]
JimWest Online   happy
))<>((

The mob (consisting of ruralites) couldn't differentiate hues and believed all oranges were the same. But our trio knew better.

#2042704 - 09/13/19 11:35 PM Re: GTS? [Re: Jayhawk1952]
moose1 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Wichita
Originally Posted By: Jayhawk1952
Originally Posted By: moose1
Don’t get me wrong, KU is still going to lose but this is a lot more fun. wink

You sort of missed on that one! Bet you don't feel bad!!!!

Just keeping my hopes down as they have been dashed a million times. I don’t feel bad at all!

#2042705 - 09/13/19 11:39 PM Re: GTS? [Re: Jayhawk1952]
JimWest Online   happy
))<>((

They knew of the ancient messiah, the Galactus, the Unicron, the Cronus... the eater of planets.

They thought of Les Miles' chant. Were they connected?

#2042706 - 09/13/19 11:49 PM Re: GTS? [Re: Jayhawk1952]
JimWest Online   happy
))<>((

Whatever had been released by the huge mass was now approaching. The trio, the mob, the Kansas residents, Les Miles, Long on High, and Girod the Bastard could do nothing now but wait for its arrival.

A sudden ease came over our trio. While the rest were scared of this unknown approaching presence, the trio felt a rush of familiarity with it. Had they known it before? What was it? Was was the hue?

#2042707 - 09/13/19 11:57 PM Re: GTS? [Re: JimWest]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Flint Hills
Spammer, it seems clear you're miffed about not being able to pass the background check.

#2042708 - 09/13/19 11:58 PM Re: GTS? [Re: Jayhawk1952]
JimWest Online   happy
))<>((

The mob, now once again smitten with the murmur of the shadowed man, became blind to the approaching presence. Les Miles, Long on High, and Girod the Bastard felt nothing about the approaching presence. They didn't recognize it but they didn't react quite yet either. They waited.

The mob wanted Les Miles, Long on High, and Girod the Bastard to join them. Would they?

But what about the Kansas residents. Yes, the Kansas residents started to recognize the approaching presence too. But recognition for this group wasn't the same ease as had fallen over our trio. Their familiarity was from a different perspective.

#2042709 - 09/14/19 12:10 AM Re: GTS? [Re: Jayhawk1952]
JimWest Online   happy
))<>((

Bill, Kerry, and Anthony knew they must protect the Kansas residents. With so much hanging in the balance, they couldn't risk the mob consuming Les Miles, Long on High, or especially Girod the Bastard. If one fell into the shadowed man's trance, surely the Kansas residents would go too.

They needed a new beacon. A new figure. They thought of The Todd. But was it too soon? The risk was high as bringing forth The Todd had been tried before by the shadowed man as an act of desperation and nearly caused the downfall of the entire kingdom. No, our trio decided to wait. To wait and to trust Les Miles, Long on High, and Girod the Bastard. This carried risk too, but they knew they could shield the Kansas residents from the shadowed man's trance at least for a little while longer. The risk of bringing out The Todd was simply too great.

#2042710 - 09/14/19 12:13 AM Re: GTS? [Re: JimWest]
Jayhawk1952 Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: JimWest
Bill, Kerry, and Anthony knew they must protect the Kansas residents. With so much hanging in the balance, they couldn't risk the mob consuming Les Miles, Long on High, or especially Girod the Bastard. If one fell into the shadowed man's trance, surely the Kansas residents would go too.

They needed a new beacon. A new figure. They thought of The Todd. But was it too soon? The risk was high as bringing forth The Todd had been tried before by the shadowed man as an act of desperation and nearly caused the downfall of the entire kingdom. No, our trio decided to wait. To wait and to trust Les Miles, Long on High, and Girod the Bastard. This carried risk too, but they knew they could shield the Kansas residents from the shadowed man's trance at least for a little while longer. The risk of bringing out The Todd was simply too great.

Trust that you are feeling better after getting all of that off of your chest.

#2042711 - 09/14/19 12:19 AM Re: GTS? [Re: Jayhawk1952]
JimWest Online   happy
))<>((

The three forgotten heroes knew something that the rest didn't. They knew how to identify the hue. They knew how to identify the approaching presence. It would be known by its number. Yes, a quantifiable metric!

A number of 4 or more would signal their greatest hope, their greatest joy, truly putting the end to the tyranny of the shadowed man and the restoration of the kingdom.

But, a number of 3 or less would signal yet another false signal, another destroyed dream.

Our trio knew the danger of becoming enamored with burnt orange and so they adopted a new credo, a new number, a new signal:

"Four," they began to chant, with arms locked.

#2042712 - 09/14/19 12:23 AM Re: GTS? [Re: Jayhawk1952]
JimWest Online   happy
))<>((

The irony was not lost on them, their own numbers being three. As they visualized their new integer, they mutually decided they needed to add another. Without a fourth, they reasoned, they could not influence the approaching presence. Was the approaching presence capable of persuasion? Would their efforts matter?

They cared not. And so, with new resolve, they sought a fourth to join their party.

Page 18 of 19 < 1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 >

Preview