Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2042424 - 09/12/19 06:27 PM Odds of beating Boston College from CBS
tophawk87 Offline
John Brown

Loc: Dallas, TX
The Boston College Eagles look to move to 3-0 when they host the Kansas Jayhawks in an ACC vs. Big 12 matchup on Friday at 7:30 p.m. ET. Boston College (2-0) was impressive in a victory over Virginia Tech to open the year, while Kansas (1-1) starts a new era under former LSU coach Les Miles. There's work to be done in Lawrence, however, evidenced by the Jayhawks' surprising 12-7 loss to Coastal Carolina on Saturday. The Eagles are favored by three touchdowns in the latest Boston College vs. Kansas odds, while the Over-Under for total points scored is 51. The Eagles have posted a winning record at home just once in the last five seasons...

Prediction: Boston College 37, Kansas 10
Line: Boston College -21, o/u: 53.5

The model simulates every FBS college football game 10,000 times...

The model enters Week 3 of the 2019 college football season on a blistering 18-6 run on its top-rated picks. It also called Colorado's (+158) straight-up upset of Nebraska and was all over Army (+23) against No. 10 Michigan in a game the Black Knights pushed to overtime and covered with a ton of room to spare.

Now, it has set its sights on Boston College vs. Kansas. We can tell you the model is leaning under, but it also says one side of the spread hits in over 50 percent of simulations.

The model knows Boston College quarterback Anthony Brown has come out firing this season. The junior and three-year starter threw two touchdowns and ran for another in the Eagles' 35-28 win over Virginia Tech in their opener and tossed three first-half scores before sitting the second half of a 49-13 rout of Richmond last Saturday. B.C. is averaging 477 yards per game thus far and now faces a Kansas defense that has just five starters back from a team that allowed 30 points per game in 2018.

Kansas has covered the spread just seven times in its last 29 games played in September and is on a 10-21 slide against the number versus teams with winning records. The last time the Jayhawks went on the road to face an ACC team, they were routed 41-3 at Duke in 2014.

But just because the Eagles are humming and favored Friday doesn't mean they'll cover the Boston College vs. Kansas spread.

Kansas quarterback Carter Stanley, who led the Jayhawks to an opening-drive TD against Coastal Carolina, took blame for the upset loss. Friday may offer a chance at redemption as he faces a Boston College defense that was torched for 344 yards through the air by Virginia Tech and 364 total yards against Richmond last week.

While Kansas' road woes have become legendary, against the spread the Jayhawks were 4-2 in road games last year. Boston College has covered the spread just once in its last five games and two of its last seven on Friday nights.

#2042425 - 09/12/19 06:33 PM Re: Odds of beating Boston College from CBS [Re: tophawk87]
moose1 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Wichita
Originally Posted By: tophawk87
The Boston College Eagles look to move to 3-0 when they host the Kansas Jayhawks in an ACC vs. Big 12 matchup on Friday at 7:30 p.m. ET. Boston College (2-0) was impressive in a victory over Virginia Tech to open the year, while Kansas (1-1) starts a new era under former LSU coach Les Miles. There's work to be done in Lawrence, however, evidenced by the Jayhawks' surprising 12-7 loss to Coastal Carolina on Saturday. The Eagles are favored by three touchdowns in the latest Boston College vs. Kansas odds, while the Over-Under for total points scored is 51. The Eagles have posted a winning record at home just once in the last five seasons...

The model enters Week 3 of the 2019 college football season on a blistering 18-6 run on its top-rated picks. It also called Colorado's (+158) straight-up upset of Nebraska and was all over Army (+23) against No. 10 Michigan in a game the Black Knights pushed to overtime and covered with a ton of room to spare.

Now, it has set its sights on Boston College vs. Kansas. We can tell you the model is leaning under, but it also says one side of the spread hits in over 50 percent of simulations.

The model knows Boston College quarterback Anthony Brown has come out firing this season. The junior and three-year starter threw two touchdowns and ran for another in the Eagles' 35-28 win over Virginia Tech in their opener and tossed three first-half scores before sitting the second half of a 49-13 rout of Richmond last Saturday. B.C. is averaging 477 yards per game thus far and now faces a Kansas defense that has just five starters back from a team that allowed 30 points per game in 2018.

Kansas has covered the spread just seven times in its last 29 games played in September and is on a 10-21 slide against the number versus teams with winning records. The last time the Jayhawks went on the road to face an ACC team, they were routed 41-3 at Duke in 2014.

But just because the Eagles are humming and favored Friday doesn't mean they'll cover the Boston College vs. Kansas spread.

Kansas quarterback Carter Stanley, who led the Jayhawks to an opening-drive TD against Coastal Carolina, took blame for the upset loss. Friday may offer a chance at redemption as he faces a Boston College defense that was torched for 344 yards through the air by Virginia Tech and 364 total yards against Richmond last week.

While Kansas' road woes have become legendary, against the spread the Jayhawks were 4-2 in road games last year. Boston College has covered the spread just once in its last five games and two of its last seven on Friday nights.

I am tempted to place a big bet on BC. Knowing my luck though KU would play well enough to cover, and I would lose both ways! smile

#2042428 - 09/13/19 05:27 PM Re: Odds of beating Boston College from CBS [Re: tophawk87]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I'm looking for improvement on both sides of the ball. As for score, the more of the spread we cover, the bigger the moral victory. And yes - I would take a moral victory on this one.

#2042497 - 09/13/19 08:25 PM Re: Odds of beating Boston College from CBS [Re: tophawk87]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
I'm loving the first half. This team is going to be one that will play up or down to their competition.

RCJHKU!

#2042684 - 09/13/19 11:01 PM Re: Odds of beating Boston College from CBS [Re: tophawk87]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Flint Hills
I gotta admit Al, this "moral victory" stuff is fun!

#2042716 - 09/14/19 12:31 AM Re: Odds of beating Boston College from CBS [Re: moose1]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: moose1
Originally Posted By: tophawk87

I am tempted to place a big bet on BC. Knowing my luck though KU would play well enough to cover, and I would lose both ways! smile

Aren't you glad that you didn't go with BC on a big bet!

#2042717 - 09/14/19 12:33 AM Re: Odds of beating Boston College from CBS [Re: AlOerter]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: AlOerter
I'm looking for improvement on both sides of the ball. As for score, the more of the spread we cover, the bigger the moral victory. And yes - I would take a moral victory on this one.

#2042718 - 09/14/19 12:38 AM Re: Odds of beating Boston College from CBS [Re: AlOerter]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: AlOerter

We sort of went way beyond a moral victory. Now BC . . . they're probably like a deer starring into the headlights right now.

#2042719 - 09/14/19 12:40 AM Re: Odds of beating Boston College from CBS [Re: appyhawk]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: appyhawk
I gotta admit Al, this "moral victory" stuff is fun!

Let's have several more this year!

#2042728 - 09/14/19 07:45 AM Re: Odds of beating Boston College from CBS [Re: tophawk87]
tophawk87 Offline
John Brown

Loc: Dallas, TX
Huge win by the Hawks! From now on, we're playing all our games on Friday the 13th under a full moon.

The offense was awesome. Carter Stanley for Heisman!!

We need a huge crowd at home this week for the 'Neers.
RCJH!!

#2042753 - 09/14/19 11:18 AM Re: Odds of beating Boston College from CBS [Re: tophawk87]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

At least it was "good luck" for the Hawks. You'd think this game would help with the attendance against the 'neers.

#2042760 - 09/14/19 01:42 PM Re: Odds of beating Boston College from CBS [Re: tophawk87]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Flint Hills
Thanks Topper, for posting the jinx busting deluge of stats facing our poor players. Works every time for sportscasters ("he hasn't missed a free throw in 2 years"...clunk) and now you've got their number. LOL.

#2042763 - 09/14/19 03:32 PM Re: Odds of beating Boston College from CBS [Re: tophawk87]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I admit I set my expectations low. Have been disappointed way too many times. Now my expectations have edged up a notch.

#2042767 - 09/14/19 07:03 PM Re: Odds of beating Boston College from CBS [Re: tophawk87]
track Offline
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas
Best to keep expectations low and be elated when they are surpassed.

Preview