Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2042301 - 09/08/19 10:41 AM 1-11
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Flint Hills
Looks for all the world as though a record of 1-11 is staring us in the face this year.
We have what appears to be a solid class coming in next year, but that's a lot of frosh to depend on AND it doesn't look like an overwhelming improvement on either line.
You can talk QB all you want, but the best QB in the world can't make plays from the bottom of the pile.
Football = no line, no win.
Hoping a bunch of you will disagree and state a solid case for an optimistic view.

#2042304 - 09/08/19 11:57 AM Re: 1-11 [Re: appyhawk]
track Online   content
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas
Originally Posted By: appyhawk
Looks for all the world as though a record of 1-11 is staring us in the face this year.
We have what appears to be a solid class coming in next year, but that's a lot of frosh to depend on AND it doesn't look like an overwhelming improvement on either line.
You can talk QB all you want, but the best QB in the world can't make plays from the bottom of the pile.
Football = no line, no win.
Hoping a bunch of you will disagree and state a solid case for an optimistic view.

Mahomes.... we can dream. Seriously... plenty of reasons to be optimistic for the future. ... just not this season or next. Glen mason was 1-10 his first season. Mangino was 2-10. Rome wasn’t built in a day or a year... neither will KU football be.

#2042305 - 09/08/19 12:34 PM Re: 1-11 [Re: appyhawk]
moose1 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Wichita
I was hoping for 3 wins, but there is not much difference between 1 and 3. Plus Boston College appears to be a lot better than we thought. At this point I am expecting 1 - 11, which sucks. As long as there is some improvement I am good with that. Let's stop playing Carter. Clearly he is not the answer, and he is gone after this year anyway. KU needs to play the best guy at QB to help the rest of the team develop. I am not sure who that is, and I do not envy the staff on trying to find who that is.

#2042332 - 09/09/19 10:54 AM Re: 1-11 [Re: appyhawk]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I had circled the CCU game as THE most winnable on our schedule.
We have some very good talent at RB, but except for 2 nice breaks by Herbert they kept our ground game in check. I don't see our RBs as the problem, but I see lack of ground game as a major contributor to our lack of air game. Their defense simply controlled the line of scrimmage and shut our offense down. IF that wasn't enough they also controlled the LOS when their offense was on the field.
No line, no win.
Stanley is the best we've got, unless one of the guys on the undercard suddenly becomes a miracle worker. Think I'd be trying to coach up the Frosh kids and working my ass off on the recruiting trail for an immediate upgrade.

#2042333 - 09/09/19 11:53 AM Re: 1-11 [Re: appyhawk]
tophawk87 Offline
John Brown

Loc: Dallas, TX
Bottom line, we don't have the o-line we need to compete. We need some road graders up front. Stanley would be fine if he had a chance to step up and throw. Instead, he is normally running for his life back there. Plus, they are not creating big holes for our rb's to run through. So, we can run all the gadget and trick plays we want....but our bread and butter needs to be establishing a solid running game and that is not going to happen until we get some consistent 3 & 4 star o-linemen up front.
Perhaps a miracle upset of WVU or ISU could happen, but yeah, we'll have to see how Les Miles handles starting from the bottom of the heap. This may be his biggest challenge ever.

#2042367 - 09/10/19 12:44 AM Re: 1-11 [Re: appyhawk]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
It was

This game should have been a relatively comfortable win.

Doubt we have a shot in hell of winning another game this year, unless they change the offense.

#2042369 - 09/10/19 08:13 AM Re: 1-11 [Re: Kman_blue]
Jayhawk1952 Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

It looks pretty bleak for this year, unless we can have a couple of games like we did last year against OU & TU but against lessor Big XII opponents. Not sure ISU is one of them.

#2042398 - 09/11/19 05:54 PM Re: 1-11 [Re: Kman_blue]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
It was

Doubt we have a shot in hell of winning another game this year, unless they change the offense.
Do you mean going back to the Air Raid? Yeah that really worked.

#2042417 - 09/12/19 10:25 AM Re: 1-11 [Re: 58hawk]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
Originally Posted By: 58hawk
It was

I have no issues with the current scheme....the execution has been sorely lacking through two games. If I had my way, spreads and air raids would be banned. If I NEVER see another dumb ass bubble screen, that would be too soon.!!! sick

#2042418 - 09/12/19 11:42 AM Re: 1-11 [Re: beenahawk]
track Online   content
gale sayers

My sentiments exactly

#2042420 - 09/12/19 04:24 PM Re: 1-11 [Re: 58hawk]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

It was

No, I don't mean the air raid.

RPO...RPO...RPO!

#2042421 - 09/12/19 04:26 PM Re: 1-11 [Re: beenahawk]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: beenahawk
It was

I have no issues with the current scheme....the execution has been sorely lacking through two games. If I had my way, spreads and air raids would be banned. If I NEVER see another dumb ass bubble screen, that would be too soon.!!! sick
No doubt about that, but I still think our play calling has been just as bad if not worse than our poor execution so far as well.

#2042422 - 09/12/19 05:06 PM Re: 1-11 [Re: appyhawk]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Maybe we should sign Miles and our OC up for some judo training so they could learn something about using opponent's force force against them. Seems as though so far we've have been playing right into our opponents hands.
Quick release to TE on short crossing route works well against strong rush. Our screens to RB have been covered. We need to move the chains and take some heat off our QB and RBs. Obvious our line ain't gonna get it done.

#2042423 - 09/12/19 05:58 PM Re: 1-11 [Re: appyhawk]
track Online   content
gale sayers

Maybe we should sign Miles and our OC up for some judo training so they could learn something about using opponent's force force against them. Seems as though so far we've have been playing right into our opponents hands.
Quick release to TE on short crossing route works well against strong rush. Our screens to RB have been covered. We need to move the chains and take some heat off our QB and RBs. Obvious our line ain't gonna get it done.

Maybe Miles figures this is a lost season and on Beaty anyway so he is keeping it simple to find out exactly what his team can do with force against force. No tricks... just line up and see who can handle who..... who to keep and who to sit or send packing. I doubt he would be the first new coach to be focused on the future instead of the present. Just a thought. Glen mason and bill Snyder both won exactly ONE game their first year.

Edited by track (09/12/19 06:03 PM)

#2042426 - 09/12/19 06:37 PM Re: 1-11 [Re: track]
moose1 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Wichita
Originally Posted By: track

Maybe Miles figures this is a lost season and on Beaty anyway so he is keeping it simple to find out exactly what his team can do with force against force. No tricks... just line up and see who can handle who..... who to keep and who to sit or send packing. I doubt he would be the first new coach to be focused on the future instead of the present. Just a thought. Glen mason and bill Snyder both won exactly ONE game their first year.

I doubt it, and I hope not. I don't see how that tells you anything. Plus after a couple games, and even practice you should know. I would rather start working on something that well...works with What KU has. I think that would be a great way to lose a team by just slamming them into a wall week after week knowing it would not work.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Preview