#2042427 - 09/12/19 06:40 PM Re: 1-11 [Re: beenahawk]
moose1 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Wichita
Originally Posted By: beenahawk
Originally Posted By: 58hawk
Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
Originally Posted By: appyhawk
I had circled the CCU game as THE most winnable on our schedule.
It was

This game should have been a relatively comfortable win.

Doubt we have a shot in hell of winning another game this year, unless they change the offense.
Do you mean going back to the Air Raid? Yeah that really worked.

I have no issues with the current scheme....the execution has been sorely lacking through two games. If I had my way, spreads and air raids would be banned. If I NEVER see another dumb ass bubble screen, that would be too soon.!!! sick

Really running the I with Pooka between the tackles? Sounds like a losing proposition, and a way to turn off the kids.

I agree with Kman spread it out and run the RPO. It seems like KU has receivers let's make the D cover more people and open up the field.

#2042690 - 09/13/19 11:07 PM Re: 1-11 [Re: appyhawk]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Flint Hills
OK, we won a good one. So now we're 2-1, which is about where we thought we would be at this stage, even hoping against hope for 3-0.
Are we gonna get stuck with 2-10, or can we pull off another one vs WVU? They aren't who they were last year.

#2042714 - 09/14/19 12:29 AM Re: 1-11 [Re: appyhawk]
Jayhawk1952 Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

OK, we won a good one. So now we're 2-1, which is about where we thought we would be at this stage, even hoping against hope for 3-0.
Are we gonna get stuck with 2-10, or can we pull off another one vs WVU? They aren't who they were last year.

Depends a lot on which team shows up. If this team tonight shows up, then we have a good chance. If last Saturday's team shows up, well, enough said. I'd like to think that we've turned a corner and can be competitive in at least some of our Big XII games.

#2042814 - 09/17/19 09:53 PM Re: 1-11 [Re: Kman_blue]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: 58hawk
I had circled the CCU game as THE most winnable on our schedule.
It was

This game should have been a relatively comfortable win.

Doubt we have a shot in hell of winning another game this year, unless they change the offense.
Do you mean going back to the Air Raid? Yeah that really worked.
No, I don't mean the air raid.

RPO...RPO...RPO!

“I think we’re in the RPO world a little more than we’ve been,” Miles said after running backs Khalil Herbert (11 carries, 187 yards, one touchdown) and Pooka Williams Jr. (22 rushes, 121 yards, one TD) complemented the passing game and vice versa. “I think that that benefits us.”

Kman - you nailed it.

#2042815 - 09/17/19 10:25 PM Re: 1-11 [Re: appyhawk]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Flint Hills
Yeah. First I heard of KMan being a closet Seahawker!

#2042817 - 09/18/19 12:01 AM Re: 1-11 [Re: AlOerter]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By: AlOerter
“I think we’re in the RPO world a little more than we’ve been,” Miles said after running backs Khalil Herbert (11 carries, 187 yards, one touchdown) and Pooka Williams Jr. (22 rushes, 121 yards, one TD) complemented the passing game and vice versa. “I think that that benefits us.”

Kman - you nailed it.
Well, this team looked well suited to a RPO offense and I knew we had the coaches who could get it done.

Moose1 knew too.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Preview