Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2042274 - 09/07/19 09:13 PM Coaching, D line, Stanley horrific today
rockchalkjjjhawk Offline
Seer

High school level ball and effort. Long wants fans and students to come to games and stay? Best to not get embarrassed then by a low level talent team.

#2042281 - 09/07/19 09:30 PM Re: Coaching, D line, Stanley horrific today [Re: rockchalkjjjhawk]
moose1 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Wichita
Coaching was aweful. If I did not watch or listen t the game, but only watched the ticker I would have sworn Beaty was still the head coach.

#2042335 - 09/09/19 01:52 PM Re: Coaching, D line, Stanley horrific today [Re: rockchalkjjjhawk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
The latest HC Miles needs some players at skill level AND o line. He is playing with someone else's castoffs in year one. We should be grateful, and I think we are, to at least have someone who can imagine a successful football program. Give him time!

#2042336 - 09/09/19 02:08 PM Re: Coaching, D line, Stanley horrific today [Re: KUCO_VOC]
pizzanbeer Offline
Max Falkenstien

Stanley can't hit a target and does not want to run the ball himself. They need to move onto MacVittie. Then replace Koenning after the season is over.

#2042337 - 09/09/19 02:20 PM Re: Coaching, D line, Stanley horrific today [Re: rockchalkjjjhawk]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
We ran the same plays and formations as the previous game so CC was ready. For example that jet sweep with Parchment was blown up.

#2042340 - 09/09/19 03:01 PM Re: Coaching, D line, Stanley horrific today [Re: pizzanbeer]
moose1 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: pizzanbeer
Stanley can't hit a target and does not want to run the ball himself. They need to move onto MacVittie. Then replace Koenning after the season is over.

KU does need to be done with Stanley. He is not going to be around anymore, so doesn't play into plans anymore.

Not sure on Koenning.

As for the offense, I still get the feeling they are trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. It is going to be a while before KU gets a quarterback. Maybe it is the Easters kid from the 2021 class. However the earliest he would make an impact would probably be 2022. I don't know if he is the answer, and even if he is KU cannot sit on their asses and wait until then. They have to figure out a way to get something out of the offense with the players available. Whatever that may be. I still find it hard to believe that KU can't find anyone better to play quarterback. I mean I would think you could pull someone off the street that would be better. If KU can't find anyone to pass the ball, then get another runner, and run the option. DO SOMETHING!

If I hear Miles say they need to execute better I think I will lose my mind! We have heard that from every coach since Mangino.

#2042344 - 09/09/19 05:07 PM Re: Coaching, D line, Stanley horrific today [Re: rockchalkjjjhawk]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

If Mangino was here he would have Torry Locklin up and ready. At least we know the guy can run.

#2042349 - 09/09/19 06:12 PM Re: Coaching, D line, Stanley horrific today [Re: rockchalkjjjhawk]
moose1 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

You have to do something. As much as I hated Snyder he had the vision to make something work with what he had.

#2042350 - 09/09/19 06:14 PM Re: Coaching, D line, Stanley horrific today [Re: rockchalkjjjhawk]
moose1 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Also reading the latest article on KUSports Stanley and others say they just need to execute better!!!! UGH!!!!!!! How many times have we heard that from coaches?!?!

Pretty soon we will be hearing the Beaty mantra of they are just a little off. They are really close just missing things by an inch.

#2042381 - 09/10/19 01:43 PM Re: Coaching, D line, Stanley horrific today [Re: rockchalkjjjhawk]
Tetonhawk Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Loc: Jackson Hole, Wy
I remember being this stagnant before and switching to a fast athlete (Nolan Cromwell) running the option. All of a sudden everything improved as offense was giving defense long periods of rest.

#2042382 - 09/10/19 01:47 PM Re: Coaching, D line, Stanley horrific today [Re: Tetonhawk]
track Offline
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas
Originally Posted By: Tetonhawk
I remember being this stagnant before and switching to a fast athlete (Nolan Cromwell) running the option. All of a sudden everything improved as offense was giving defense long periods of rest.

Who wouldn’t like to have Nolan Cromwell back of the center running the triple option with Pooka.... but I am pretty sure our pathetic offensive line would screw it up

#2042385 - 09/10/19 04:58 PM Re: Coaching, D line, Stanley horrific today [Re: Tetonhawk]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
Originally Posted By: Tetonhawk

Cromwell was born to run the wishbone, but as you said, it took a few games for it all to click. A bit more than a year later when he went down, that offense looked like they forgot how to run and block! QB is critical, but I don't blame Stanley for our current issues...the O-line is getting totally manhandled by the defenses.....I watched our SENIOR , right tackle (actually BOTH of our Senior RT's) get smoked all night by a CC frosh!

#2042386 - 09/10/19 05:31 PM Re: Coaching, D line, Stanley horrific today [Re: rockchalkjjjhawk]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I was more excited about Lindsey as O coordinator than Koenning. Remember, Koenning was not Miles' first choice. Now it may be that we would be seeing the same thing with Lindsey if Miles is calling the overall scheme, but we will never know.

#2042389 - 09/10/19 08:15 PM Re: Coaching, D line, Stanley horrific today [Re: 58hawk]
vmlb Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: 58hawk
If Mangino was here he would have Torry Locklin up and ready. At least we know the guy can run.

Wow, I know I'm old, but I remember a coach who wouldn't play Reasing till game 6 or so. Is that the same coach you are talking about?

#2042397 - 09/11/19 05:51 PM Re: Coaching, D line, Stanley horrific today [Re: AlOerter]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: AlOerter
I was more excited about Lindsey as O coordinator than Koenning. Remember, Koenning was not Miles' first choice. Now it may be that we would be seeing the same thing with Lindsey if Miles is calling the overall scheme, but we will never know.
THIS^

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Preview