Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2042308 - 09/08/19 12:47 PM Re: How Does This Keep Happening? [Re: moose1]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
KState still will never make a BCS bowl game....jusayin. Tejas and Okie will prevent that.

#2042309 - 09/08/19 12:51 PM Re: How Does This Keep Happening? [Re: tmcats]
moose1 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Wichita
Originally Posted By: tmcats
Originally Posted By: AlOerter
Originally Posted By: PHOGUSHER
Its simple...KU snobbery goes for big name hasbeen football coaches ala Weiss..Miles ..etc. Hard as it is to admit KSuck does it right with a proven mid major winning coach... Hell Miles cant even converse in his interviews intellegently...his good years are way behind him...he is a goofy dude with some long ago fame. Not what KU needed. Face it you football knuckleheads KU will never be good at football ever again....when does basketball start.

I remember a proven mid major winning coach named Terry Allen. 75-26 at Northern Iowa. Playoffs every season there.

klieman has 7 national championship rings in his drawer and was 69-6 at ndsu. to say we're giddy presently would be an understatement.

Timmy it is football season. You are not even supposed to be here. You always take a hiatus for football season. It is one of the best things about football season.

#2042310 - 09/08/19 01:05 PM Re: How Does This Keep Happening? [Re: moose1]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Yeah he should gtfo...

#2042311 - 09/08/19 01:30 PM Re: How Does This Keep Happening? [Re: moose1]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: reservation lake, mn
you know, i thought ku would be competitive under les, so i stayed around this year. but obviously, it's going to take more than a few months. no surprise, i guess. and i'm not here to pile-on. so, i'll leave, say goodbye for the season, head back to the kansas hill country. see you when it cools down a little and the b12 champion wildcats take the court. bye!

#2042312 - 09/08/19 02:42 PM Re: How Does This Keep Happening? [Re: moose1]
vmlb Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

If they beat us the next 12 games, we will be tied. Tying us in our lifetime will be tough.

#2042314 - 09/08/19 03:37 PM Re: How Does This Keep Happening? [Re: moose1]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

His lifetime...Timmay will be dead within the next 5 yrs....not hating he is just real old..lol he tried to add basketball smack talk also....hilarious.

#2042315 - 09/08/19 04:30 PM Re: How Does This Keep Happening? [Re: moose1]
EstebanBugatti Offline
Big Dipper

This is Les' first year and Betty didn't leave him much to work with. I know we all were expecting to beat CC but give it time. Hopefully MacVittie finally takes over and is the real deal. Not having a reliable QB is what killed our offense yesterday. It will get better, just be patient.

#2042320 - 09/08/19 06:12 PM Re: How Does This Keep Happening? [Re: moose1]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

It's always darkest before the dawn. This has to be the longest night ever. I want dawn to get here so this nightmare will be over.

#2042324 - 09/08/19 07:06 PM Re: How Does This Keep Happening? [Re: moose1]
used_cars Online   content
Crimson & Blue Blood

Loc: Dallas, TX
Terry allen

#2042351 - 09/09/19 06:43 PM Re: How Does This Keep Happening? [Re: moose1]
tophawk87 Offline
John Brown

It is uncanny. I thought, like probably everyone else, "ok, we take care of business at home against Coastal Carolina, and we go into Boston 2-0 and full of confidence." Heck, we might even eek out 4 or 5 wins this season and we are on our way back to respectability. But no, we lose to a small school living through the trauma of an approaching hurricane.

Let's face facts...we have one of the top two or three basketball programs in the country. And other football recruiters use this against us. Let's say I'm a 3.5 star playing HS football in Texas. I get a sniff from KU but my HS coach says, "Nah...better stay away....that's a buckets school...."
And then he redirects me to a dozen other schools in the state where football is important. Abilene Christian, Baylor, SMU, TCU, UT, Houston, heck, this list doesn't even yet include, UNT, Texas A&M, Rice, Texas Tech, UTEP, etc. etc.

Why would an 18 year old kid who is a really good football player feel the need to play at KU? He needs reasons....

His HS coach, (lots of these HS stadiums down here are huge and several are over 30 - 40 million ... MILLION dollar stadiums) is telling him, "Hey, stay here in the state, let your friends and family come to your games...."

I thought the end of the Beaty season was the bottom? Is a home loss to Coastal Freaking Carolina the bottom? We can only hope.... the closing thought is: we are now going to see what Les Miles is made of. Face it....no one in all of Div 1 was knocking on his door. He wanted to coach. He wanted to get back in the game and feel the excitement of pre-game on Saturdays. Well he got it. He's going to have to roll up his sleeves and coach is butt off for the next 12 weeks. This team cannot give up on him at any time. He's going to have to coach them up against the likes of UT and OU ...he's going to have to show improvement. He got the big pay check, he got the budget increase for football. He got all the assistants he was asking for. It will be interesting to see if Miles keeps on coaching or starts napping on a cot in his office like Front Butt.

#2042354 - 09/09/19 07:04 PM Re: How Does This Keep Happening? [Re: moose1]
tophawk87 Offline
John Brown

Look at these High School....HIGH SCHOOL .... football stadiums in Texas ....and these are only in the D/FW area....

McKinney (suburb north of Dallas)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boWNlIslJ78

Allen (suburb NE of Dallas)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g26v-5vy3qc

Prosper, Frisco, and others...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3dVHVS5DjQ

#2042355 - 09/09/19 07:27 PM Re: How Does This Keep Happening? [Re: moose1]
tophawk87 Offline
John Brown

How many of these kids are coming to KU? And this is just the D/FW area, not even counting Houston area or other parts of Texas. How do we turn this around?

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/dfwvarsity/prep-football/article231865803.html

Edited by tophawk87 (09/09/19 07:32 PM)

#2042357 - 09/09/19 07:52 PM Re: How Does This Keep Happening? [Re: tophawk87]
track Offline
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas
Lots of reasons kids come from all over the country to attend KU. ....if you are an alum you understand the reasons why.... particularly if you are from Kansas City or kansas.
Football reasons are simple.... if you are a stud you probably get an opportunity to play quick at ku... not the case for schools like OU or Texas. Lawrence is an awesome college town and KC is a quick drive to see the Chiefs or the Royals.
We have a hall of fame coach who has won a National championship and we have a great basketball team. What I don’t get is why anyone would want to go to Missouri or kstate or Baylor or tech.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Preview