Page 102 of 129 < 1 2 ... 100 101 102 103 104 ... 128 129 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2042996 - 09/24/19 11:51 AM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
DCHawk1 Offline
Proudly Derivative.

Loc: District of Columbia
I'm sure they are real patriots -- in part because they are advocating the republican solution to the problem of an unfit chief executive.

If he has committed a high crime or misdemeanor -- however those are defined -- the institutions of the republic maintain the mechanism to remove him from office. If those institutions choose not to exercise that option, then your complaint is with them, not him.

My friend Alice (scared as she is of diving down rabbit holes once more) has never quite understood my position throughout: he is what he is, but he is not and never will be able to destroy the institutions of the republic, which will protect us, precisely as the Founders desired.

It is those who would deprive us of those institutions -- the Electoral College, the Senate filibuster, lifetime appointments to the Supreme Courts, etc. -- who seek power unlimited by the Founders' checks. It is they of whom we should be leery, not the petty wannabe tyrant who understands the system so poorly as to admit, repeatedly, his own malfeasance.

#2042997 - 09/24/19 11:53 AM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
kellyfenton Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

There was no request for foreign assistance in our election.
There may have been but there’s nothing wrong with that.
And even so there was no quid quo pro.
And even if there was there’s nothing wrong with that.
Ok so I DID ask for help from a foreign country in the election but even if I did it’s no biggie.
Ok so yes I DID withhold money from Ukraine while I asked for dirt on Joe Biden ... who by the way is the REAL corrupt person here.
Ok but I withheld the military aid cuz our allies haven’t been paying their fair share.

Rating : meh

#2042998 - 09/24/19 12:18 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: kellyfenton]
DCHawk1 Offline
Proudly Derivative.

Originally Posted By: kellyfenton
There was no request for foreign assistance in our election.
There may have been but there’s nothing wrong with that.
And even so there was no quid quo pro.
And even if there was there’s nothing wrong with that.
Ok so I DID ask for help from a foreign country in the election but even if I did it’s no biggie.
Ok so yes I DID withhold money from Ukraine while I asked for dirt on Joe Biden ... who by the way is the REAL corrupt person here.
Ok but I withheld the military aid cuz our allies haven’t been paying their fair share.

Rating : meh

To the best of my knowledge, there are only three people thus far who would rate that a "meh" and NOT insist on a full accounting of what happened: Rudy Giuliani, Donald Trump, and Joe Biden.

I think A.) That my friend Mittens is probably on the right path here, i.e. show us the transcripts; and B.) that any impeachment proceeding should be counted as an in-kind donation to the Warren campaign.

#2043000 - 09/24/19 01:44 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: DCHawk1]
parkhawk3319 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Bohemia
I think you got this sentence turned around a little, this makes more sense.

who seek power unlimited by the Founders' checks. It is they of whom we should be leery, not the petty wannabe tyrant who understands the system so poorly as to admit, repeatedly, his own malfeasance.

It is the petty wannabe tyrant who understands the system so poorly as to admit, repeatedly, his own malfeasance who seeks power unlimited by the Founders' checks.

There, that's better. And no we don't need to get rid of filibuster or electoral college or other long standing constitutional institutions as long as republicans agree to help rid us of the scourge of tiny. As of now they seem pretty pleased with keeping him as long as they can.

#2043001 - 09/24/19 02:06 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
Wilt Chamberlain

oh, so this really was a ... meh. I figgered. Was there any mention of ... who's gonna stop him?

#2043002 - 09/24/19 02:11 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
DCHawk1 Offline
Proudly Derivative.

Originally Posted By: parkhawk3319

There, that's better.

Nuh uh.

#2043003 - 09/24/19 02:12 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: kellyfenton]
DCHawk1 Offline
Proudly Derivative.

Originally Posted By: kellyfenton
oh, so this really was a ... meh. I figgered. Was there any mention of ... who's gonna stop him?

I've been assured that this is unpossible in our democracyfree nation, but there's this.

#2043005 - 09/24/19 02:40 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: DCHawk1]
DCHawk1 Offline
Proudly Derivative.

And there's this , which is also unpossible, I've been told.

#2043006 - 09/24/19 03:06 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: DCHawk1]
DCHawk1 Offline
Proudly Derivative.

#2043011 - 09/24/19 04:28 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: DCHawk1]
parkhawk3319 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

You and me both mister!

Today at the United Nations tiny gave a riveting speech.....The people of the North Atlantic community have seen solemn agreement, designed to assure peace and the rights of small nations, broken one by one and the people of those nations deprived of freedom by terror and oppression. They are resolved that their nations shall not, one by one, suffer the same fate.

The nations signing this treaty share a common heritage of democracy, individual liberty and the rule of law. The American members of the North Atlantic community stem directly from the European members in tradition and in love of freedom. We have joined together in the progressive development of free institutions, and we have shared our moral and material strength in the present task of rebuilding from the devastation of war.

The security and welfare of each member of the community depend upon the security and welfare of all. None of us alone can achieve economic prosperity or military security. None of us alone can assure the continuance of freedom.

Together, our joint strength is of tremendous significance to the future of free men in every part of the world. For this treaty is clear evidence that differences in language and in economic and political systems are no real bar to the effective association of nations devoted to the great principles of human freedom and justice.

Oh wait that was Truman, here's the message the trumpublican party delivered today at the UN. Nationalism is the only way to hold off the great replacement.

#2043012 - 09/24/19 05:05 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
DCHawk1 Offline
Proudly Derivative.

Truman was wrong, by the way.

#2043013 - 09/24/19 05:11 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: DCHawk1]
parkhawk3319 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: DCHawk1

And the article hardly gives the story the headline promises, but who reads the articles anyway?

#2043024 - 09/24/19 07:41 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
DCHawk1 Offline
Proudly Derivative.

Originally Posted By: parkhawk3319
Originally Posted By: DCHawk1

And the article hardly gives the story the headline promises, but who reads the articles anyway?

Right.

Wait.

Wut?

#2043029 - 09/24/19 11:19 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: DCHawk1]
DCHawk1 Offline
Proudly Derivative.

lulz

“In the letter, they implied that their support for U.S. assistance to Ukraine was at stake”

#2043030 - 09/25/19 06:59 AM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
Wilt Chamberlain

Trump’s personal attorney ladies and germs! Of course. How could it be any other way?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/20...?outputType=amp

Page 102 of 129 < 1 2 ... 100 101 102 103 104 ... 128 129 >

Preview