Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2041598 - 07/09/19 02:34 PM media's preseason all big 12 ...
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: reservation lake, mn
OFFENSIVE POY - Sam Ehlinger (Texas)
DEFENSIVE POY - Kennedy Murray (Oklahoma)
NEWCOMER OF THE YEAR - Jalen Hurts (Oklahoma)

OFFENSE
QB - Sam Ehlinger (Texas)
RB - Pooka Williams (Kansas)
RB - Kennedy Brooks (Oklahoma)
RB - Chuba Hubbard (Oklahoma State)
WR - CeeDee Lamb (Oklahoma)
WR - Tylan Wallace (Oklahoma State)
WR - Jalen Reagor (TCU)
TE - Grant Calcaterra (Oklahoma)
OL - Creed Humphrey (Oklahoma)
OL - Lucas Niang (TCU)
OL - Zach Shackelford (Texas)
OL - Jack Anderson (Texas Tech)
OL - Colton McKivitz (West Virginia)
K - Cameron Dicker (Texas)
KR/PR - CeeDee Lamb (Oklahoma)

DEFENSE
DL - James Lynch (Baylor)
DL - JaQuan Bailey (Iowa State)
DL - Ray Lima (Iowa State)
DL - Reggie Walker (Kansas State)
DL - Corey Bethley (TCU)
LB - Clay Johnston (Baylor)
LB - Marcel Spears (Iowa State)
LB - Kenneth Murray (Oklahoma)
DB - Greg Eisworth (Iowa State)
DB - A.J. Green (Oklahoma State)
DB - Jeff Gladney (TCU)
DB - Caden Sterns (Texas)
DB - Adrian Frye (Texas Tech)
P - Kyle Thompson (Kansas)

#2041606 - 07/09/19 09:38 PM Re: media's preseason all big 12 ... [Re: tmcats]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
Iowa State will challenge for the title. Haven't seen their schedule but program is built.

#2041688 - 07/19/19 10:52 AM Re: media's preseason all big 12 ... [Re: 58hawk]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
ONLY if our conference truly sucks as bad as everyone thinks it does. This is, unfortunately, the year that Tejas and the Gooners plant their flag as the only two somewhat serious football schools in this conference. Unfortunately, we knew this day was coming when the Truckstop Ten (formerly the Big XII) commissioner cared more about keeping the financial bloodbath for ESPN Longhorn Network afloat than he did keeping our conference viable and in the top two conferences in the Nation. Going to be a lot of shite football played in the Truckstop Ten again this year.

RCJHKU!

#2041694 - 07/20/19 01:59 PM Re: media's preseason all big 12 ... [Re: KUHawkhead]
Jman1 Online   content
Max Falkenstien

Truckstop 10....Brought to you and supported by Love's Truckstops and Hardee's restaurants.

On a more serious note, TS10 is heavy on O and not so much on D. That is really the difference between us and the B1G and SEC. ISU seems to have more of B1G mentality than most of the rest of the TS10. OU and Horns Down can play a little better D just because they get better recruits overall, but I still think UT usually under performs year in and year out with the talent they have.

heres hoping that Miles et al can bring an SEC style mentality to our D and weaponize the O with an efficient RPO. We have the RBs to get that aspect but QB and O line need to get it done for it to work. We should be OK on the OL with experience and competent coaching. McVittie(who will be the starter) has to command the RPO reads. If our O can sustain drives and make some plays I say we prolly win 4-5 games. If not we are toast because our front 7 on D will get lit up game in and game out.

#2041695 - 07/20/19 04:21 PM Re: media's preseason all big 12 ... [Re: tmcats]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Brought to us by Whataburger!!

The Les show will help guide BG12 into a new era. Long as AD as well. Can’t wait to support the new guys. Indy State win one.

#2041702 - 07/23/19 07:39 AM Re: media's preseason all big 12 ... [Re: tmcats]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I wish we had Whataburger in Kanas! I'm hoping for the best, expecting the worst.

RCJHKU!

#2041708 - 07/23/19 10:14 PM Re: media's preseason all big 12 ... [Re: tmcats]
PHOGUSHER Online   content
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
If Mahomes wants it here it will be here....but there are plenty of good burger places already in fat assss KC. Smittys Garage off of State Line burgers are great...

#2041819 - 07/31/19 08:20 AM Re: media's preseason all big 12 ... [Re: tmcats]
Topcitykid10 Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Loc: Kansas
Why can Hurts play right away again? BS the top schools get their QB transfers to play right away

#2041830 - 08/01/19 07:59 PM Re: media's preseason all big 12 ... [Re: Topcitykid10]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: Topcitykid10
Why can Hurts play right away again? BS the top schools get their QB transfers to play right away

The bullshit graduate transfer rule. We will graduate you to get your ass out of here and clear up a roster spot.

RCJHKU!

#2041841 - 08/04/19 02:18 PM Re: media's preseason all big 12 ... [Re: KUHawkhead]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

both ou heisman winners would chuck-it down the field. but hurts is sort of a run/option qb. so, it will be interesting to see how that works in the sooner offense. frankly, i look for isu or texas to rest the championship.

the other seven, put their names in a hat, shake and pull out the order. no one knows at this point in time.

i do see the league being more smash-mouth with the four coaching changes. no way under les that ku is running a spread like gomer's. kliff leaving txt guarantees they'll be more run-oriented. wvu may look similar to dana's outfits. but k-state won't be in the gun every down - look for a run-first offense with the qb under center 50% of the time.

all these changes make for a most interesting year top to bottom. someone is bound to surprise but who? i believe she's wearing a lavender jacket.

#2041856 - 08/05/19 08:48 PM Re: media's preseason all big 12 ... [Re: tmcats]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I think it shows that the Truckstop Ten is truly the weakest of the P5 conferences. Nothing against ISU, but if that's our "best" team we suck ass as a conference.
RCJHKU!

#2041857 - 08/05/19 10:35 PM Re: media's preseason all big 12 ... [Re: KUHawkhead]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: KUHawkhead
I think it shows that the Truckstop Ten is truly the weakest of the P5 conferences. Nothing against ISU, but if that's our "best" team we suck ass as a conference.
RCJHKU!
Don't think ISU is our "best" or even 2nd best or even 3rd best team. They lost a lot of talent and I don't think they can replace those play makers on O they lost. The 1 thing they do have going for them is they've got a good HC with a decent roster and half the rest of the conference has brand new or virtually brand new HC's and nobody knows what to expect.

Oh, and the PAC is by far the weakest P-5 conference out there in just about any way you want to measure it and they're getting weaker every year. The only reason why the ACC isn't barely ahead of them is largely because Clemson and to a lesser extent FSU is saving their ass. They're still also behind the Big 12.

#2041864 - 08/06/19 11:30 AM Re: media's preseason all big 12 ... [Re: Kman_blue]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

isu brings back a strong and seasoned defensive unit plus a solid quarterback. we'll see how well matt campbell coaches from in-front.

i certainly agree with four new coaches, we don't know what to expect this season. that makes it fun in and of itself.

as for the b12, i'm not sure what people want? two heisman winners in a row. ou in the playoffs. tons of money rolling into the till. my gosh.

#2041867 - 08/06/19 05:17 PM Re: media's preseason all big 12 ... [Re: tmcats]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

KMan and I are in agreement about I-State isn’t a #1. As well as P-5 Pac being a wimp.

#2041868 - 08/06/19 05:18 PM Re: media's preseason all big 12 ... [Re: tmcats]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Purple douce bag women are scary.

#2041905 - 08/10/19 12:03 PM Re: media's preseason all big 12 ... [Re: tmcats]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I'm not arguing that the PAC is better. Just that if, at the end of the season, ISU wins the Truckstop Ten Trophy that we better start securing that B1G landing spot.

And as far as two Heisman winners and a playoff spot....that is ONE team. OU is the Clemson of the Truckstop Ten. If OU ever gets left out of a playoff spot because of their relatively weak conference, they might decide that they are ready to jump to either the ACC or the SEC.

RCJHKU!

#2041914 - 08/12/19 12:22 AM Re: media's preseason all big 12 ... [Re: KUHawkhead]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Big 10 apparently thinks the Big 12's round robin schedule might have given us an advantage over them in making the playoffs as a bunch of stories popped up at the end of last season about them exploring getting rid of their divisions and making their schedule more similar to the Big 12's round robin.

Think any of the bigger traditional football schools that miss the playoffs will look for something or someone to blame for it besides themselves.

#2041921 - 08/12/19 05:44 PM Re: media's preseason all big 12 ... [Re: Kman_blue]
pizzanbeer Offline
Max Falkenstien

The Big 12 round robin schedule makes sure the 2 best teams end up in the championship game. Since the Big 10 cannot play a round robin schedule then their next best answer is to create a better conference championship game by balancing out their divisions. Right now the Big 10 has too many of their best teams in the East division.

Edited by pizzanbeer (08/12/19 05:45 PM)

#2041968 - 08/17/19 09:11 PM Re: media's preseason all big 12 ... [Re: pizzanbeer]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Oh but it's the Huskers year! I've heard nothing but "well, if you're going to beat NU, it better be this year, because we're set to win the B1G and play for ANOTHER natty!".

While I think Frost is a good coach, I think the move to the B1G was very short sighted on the 'Skers part. Other B1G teams look at them as the kicks from the sticks, western outliers, and a fairly easy win. I don't think the luster will quite ever return to NU. Army used to be the best team in America. Now they are middle of the road at best. NU should shoot to finish third in their division. I don't think tOSU, 'CHIGAN, We ARE Penn State, or Sparty will let them into the party.

Just my ramblings.

RCJHKU!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Preview