Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2041905 - 08/10/19 12:03 PM Re: media's preseason all big 12 ... [Re: tmcats]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
I'm not arguing that the PAC is better. Just that if, at the end of the season, ISU wins the Truckstop Ten Trophy that we better start securing that B1G landing spot.

And as far as two Heisman winners and a playoff spot....that is ONE team. OU is the Clemson of the Truckstop Ten. If OU ever gets left out of a playoff spot because of their relatively weak conference, they might decide that they are ready to jump to either the ACC or the SEC.

RCJHKU!

#2041914 - 08/12/19 12:22 AM Re: media's preseason all big 12 ... [Re: KUHawkhead]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Big 10 apparently thinks the Big 12's round robin schedule might have given us an advantage over them in making the playoffs as a bunch of stories popped up at the end of last season about them exploring getting rid of their divisions and making their schedule more similar to the Big 12's round robin.

Think any of the bigger traditional football schools that miss the playoffs will look for something or someone to blame for it besides themselves.

#2041921 - 08/12/19 05:44 PM Re: media's preseason all big 12 ... [Re: Kman_blue]
pizzanbeer Offline
Max Falkenstien

The Big 12 round robin schedule makes sure the 2 best teams end up in the championship game. Since the Big 10 cannot play a round robin schedule then their next best answer is to create a better conference championship game by balancing out their divisions. Right now the Big 10 has too many of their best teams in the East division.

Edited by pizzanbeer (08/12/19 05:45 PM)

#2041968 - 08/17/19 09:11 PM Re: media's preseason all big 12 ... [Re: pizzanbeer]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
Oh but it's the Huskers year! I've heard nothing but "well, if you're going to beat NU, it better be this year, because we're set to win the B1G and play for ANOTHER natty!".

While I think Frost is a good coach, I think the move to the B1G was very short sighted on the 'Skers part. Other B1G teams look at them as the kicks from the sticks, western outliers, and a fairly easy win. I don't think the luster will quite ever return to NU. Army used to be the best team in America. Now they are middle of the road at best. NU should shoot to finish third in their division. I don't think tOSU, 'CHIGAN, We ARE Penn State, or Sparty will let them into the party.

Just my ramblings.

RCJHKU!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Preview