Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2041587 - 07/08/19 02:30 PM Pooka reinstated
DrGreydog Offline
Phog Fanatic

Loc: Topeka
per twitter....

Pooka has been reinstated and will join the team this week. He will be suspended for the 1st game of the season however.

#2041588 - 07/08/19 02:56 PM Re: Pooka reinstated [Re: DrGreydog]
track Offline
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas
Originally Posted By: DrGreydog
per twitter....

Pooka has been reinstated and will join the team this week. He will be suspended for the 1st game of the season however.

This is not going to go over well with that kstate dipsh!t that posts here. I on the other hand am thrilled to have pooka back.

#2041589 - 07/08/19 03:22 PM Re: Pooka reinstated [Re: track]
EstebanBugatti Offline
Big Dipper

Originally Posted By: track
Originally Posted By: DrGreydog
per twitter....

This is not going to go over well with that kstate dipsh!t that posts here. I on the other hand am thrilled to have pooka back.

It's not going over well with the rest of the Big 12. They're clearly scared of Pooka.

#2041590 - 07/08/19 05:34 PM Re: Pooka reinstated [Re: DrGreydog]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Max Falkenstien

This is great news. Pooka is a beast, which he needs to leave on the field. He has the tools to become one of our best running backs, and we've had some great ones.

#2041595 - 07/08/19 08:51 PM Re: Pooka reinstated [Re: DrGreydog]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
At this point, what do we really have to lose? We've sucked balls since we fired the Mangrove, and I'm sick of it. Get in trouble? Who gives a [censored]? Have to forfeit some games we win? Doesn't matter...we kicked their ass on the field. Don't go to a bowl game? WE PHUCKING DON'T ANYWAY.

RCJHKU!

#2041597 - 07/09/19 01:08 PM Re: Pooka reinstated [Re: DrGreydog]
vmlb Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

What always baffles me about stories like this is the aftermath. I'm guessing that since this story has been out Pooka hasn't lacked female companionship. I'm hoping when my daughter gets to college and starts the dating scene she will not associate with men like this. I'm counting on her intelligence to lead her away from situations like this.

#2041599 - 07/09/19 03:20 PM Re: Pooka reinstated [Re: DrGreydog]
pizzanbeer Offline
Max Falkenstien

IMO 1 game is too light for violence against a woman.

For violence against women cases, it would be better if the NCAA would standardize the punishment for all schools and take the AD out of the punishment decision. Leaving it up to the AD to decide the punishment creates a conflict of interest for the AD between their need to win FB games vs. their need to hand out a punishment.

#2041600 - 07/09/19 04:31 PM Re: Pooka reinstated [Re: DrGreydog]
VanillaGorilla Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Lawrence
he shouldn't be on the team

#2041601 - 07/09/19 04:32 PM Re: Pooka reinstated [Re: DrGreydog]
moose1 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Wichita
Do we even know what happened? I would like to actually know before passing judgment. If they were drunk and she is hitting him and he pushers her away that is different than Ray Rice or Joe Mixon cold cocking a woman.

#2041609 - 07/09/19 10:38 PM Re: Pooka reinstated [Re: moose1]
pizzanbeer Offline
Max Falkenstien

Originally Posted By: moose1
Do we even know what happened? I would like to actually know before passing judgment. If they were drunk and she is hitting him and he pushers her away that is different than Ray Rice or Joe Mixon cold cocking a woman.

Benton Smith had some information in his recent article.

"The victim in the case told a KU police officer on Dec. 6 that Williams punched her in the stomach and grabbed her throat around 12:30 a.m. Dec. 5, when they were at Stouffer Place Apartments.

During the interview, the officer found that the victim had bruises on her arms and side, according to the affidavit supporting Williams’ arrest. She also showed the officer text messages from Williams admitting to punching her in the arms."

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2019/jul/0...ss-se/?football

#2041612 - 07/10/19 09:49 AM Re: Pooka reinstated [Re: pizzanbeer]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
Originally Posted By: pizzanbeer
IMO 1 game is too light for violence against a woman.

What if said woman identified herself as a man? We are talking about Lawrence and KU after all. Would a 1 game suspension then be too much? grin

Preview