Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2041537 - 07/01/19 05:18 PM Re: Diagnosis & Prognosis [Re: Kman_blue]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
Originally Posted By: vmlb

[quote=vmlb]Just wanted to also say the new LB signee, Hatcher, is using my workout regiment. I also added 30 lbs. by eating more.
LOL! I certainly hope that's not all that happened with Hatcher. Hopefully genes, hormones, and natural development had something more to do with it.

Makes me recall the Bugeaters back in the 70's and 80's...some 18 year old walk-on would disappear into the bowels of Memorial Stadium at 6'6" and 200 pounds....re-emerge 2 years later weighing in at 325. laugh

#2041538 - 07/01/19 05:41 PM Re: Diagnosis & Prognosis [Re: Jayhawk1952]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
This thread morphed into numbers of wins which is fine with me. I like the long time coming optimists view of 5-6 winners. I will agree that with a REAL college coach, our record is due to get a rebound. Players gotta believe to win. Betty had no belief among his roster or coaches or KU fans.

#2042041 - 08/23/19 10:07 PM Re: Diagnosis & Prognosis [Re: track]
Jayhawk1952 Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: track
Originally Posted By: Jayhawk1952
In 16 days I'll be 79, so guess I'm getting a bit older. I'm shooting for at least another 11 years and maybe 14 or 15 more. I'm basically in good health. As long as that remains so, I might even make 100! That would give me 88 years as a Jayhawk fan. grin

What took you so long.... 12 years? I have been a fan since around 6 years old.
The most successful teams build their team around the quarterback.... we haven’t had such a quarterback since TR. we need the new QB that Miles brought in to be such a QB and we need to find a freshman QB for the future. It’s by far the most important position on a team in the current football era.

Hey, that's pretty good, a fan since age 6! My immediate family had no interest in sports. My grandfather on my dad's side thought that putting up a basketball goal at the country school was not why he was sending his kids to school. Consequently my dad didn't have much interest in sports, though I do remember him going out to the car to listen to the Joe Louis/Ezzard Charles championship fight in 1950. That's the first time I ever knew he had any interest in any sport. I didn't know anything about the Kansas Jayhawks until I was 12. I latched on at that age and have been a close follower ever since. I was really excited about Wilt coming to play. I've enjoyed many, many exciting moments across these very enjoyable years of being a Jayhawk fan, especially in basketball, but football has had some great moments as well as track & field. My ears perk up anytime any Jayhawk team does well in any of the sports.

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Preview