Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2041416 - 06/25/19 11:37 AM Re: Diagnosis & Prognosis [Re: JimWest]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: reservation lake, mn
ku's situation, presently, is eons ahead of where they've been the past decade since mangino was canned. miles was the kind of guy ku needed to right the ship. it will be fascinating to watch how he coaches, as he's shown now that he can convince youngsters to play for ku and that's no small chore. however, if he does win, will ku fans pony-up some bucks and renovate putrid memorial stadium or does this all go to waste, as leslie rushes toward 70 years?

#2041417 - 06/25/19 11:48 AM Re: Diagnosis & Prognosis [Re: tmcats]
Goober Offline
Prairie Warrior

When they do remodel, they have an outstanding example of what not to do. That eye sore and monstrosity that is "The Bill", is a shining example of how to not spend your tens of thousands.

#2041418 - 06/25/19 02:40 PM Re: Diagnosis & Prognosis [Re: Goober]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: Goober
When they do remodel, they have an outstanding example of what not to do. That eye sore and monstrosity that is "The Bill", is a shining example of how to not spend your tens of thousands.

i've always taken negatives from rivals like ku fan as a compliment, goob.

#2041419 - 06/25/19 03:29 PM Re: Diagnosis & Prognosis [Re: Jayhawk1952]
madcapper Offline
John Brown

Loc: Ozarks
That stadium in mancrappy is a pit but typical of the city it is in.

#2041420 - 06/25/19 03:52 PM Re: Diagnosis & Prognosis [Re: tmcats]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Part of KU's football woes are being solved, that is those with their hands on the purse strings have and are untying them. Memorial Stadium will be renovated and will be first class.

#2041426 - 06/25/19 10:39 PM Re: Diagnosis & Prognosis [Re: Jayhawk1952]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
Again... Why the ugly guy photos in the TM posts?

#2041427 - 06/25/19 11:38 PM Re: Diagnosis & Prognosis [Re: tmcats]
moose1 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Wichita
Originally Posted By: tmcats
Originally Posted By: Goober

i've always taken negatives from rivals like ku fan as a compliment, goob.

Not a rival Timmy.

#2041428 - 06/25/19 11:41 PM Re: Diagnosis & Prognosis [Re: tmcats]
moose1 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

ku's situation, presently, is eons ahead of where they've been the past decade since mangino was canned. miles was the kind of guy ku needed to right the ship. it will be fascinating to watch how he coaches, as he's shown now that he can convince youngsters to play for ku and that's no small chore. however, if he does win, will ku fans pony-up some bucks and renovate putrid memorial stadium or does this all go to waste, as leslie rushes toward 70 years?

If KU starts winning fans will show up and pony up. I have always said if your team is that bad fans will NOT show up. I think that is even true for KU basketball. If KU basketball was that bad for 10 years the stands would not be full. I guarantee if KSU had a bad run like that again there would be a lot of empty seats in the stands.

#2041429 - 06/26/19 09:34 AM Re: Diagnosis & Prognosis [Re: KUHawkhead]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: KUHawkhead
Again... Why the ugly guy photos in the TM posts?

again, i'm making a point that woman are not sexual fantasy objects as too often portrayed on this board without dissent.

ku is a rival.

and yes, if k-state starts losing like ku has the past decade, "the bill" will be empty. i don't see that happening under chris klieman, but we shall soon see.

#2041434 - 06/26/19 03:44 PM Re: Diagnosis & Prognosis [Re: tmcats]
moose1 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

[i] ku is a rival.

By in large the rivalry is all in Staties minds. That is why KSU fans obsess about KU, and KU fans don't give a rats behind about KSU.

In a weird way it is comforting to know your world revolves around what happens at KU.

#2041442 - 06/27/19 12:43 AM Re: Diagnosis & Prognosis [Re: Jayhawk1952]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

The one thing I'll say about KSU fans is that once you get out of Kansas they are few and far between so you don't have to deal with them anymore. KSU degrees do not travel well nationally.

That said, when you do encounter them, they are acutely interested in where other people went to school and, upon learning that you went to KU, will still make sure to tell you more about KU athletics than you even care about. I submit this is a product of an inferior, rural-focused, institution.

People with a proper pedigree can determine the quality of others without asking. KSU people, with their strangely blotchy-red pudgy faces, are incapable of assimilating into higher society and have to behave in a crass manner at all times.

#2041443 - 06/27/19 08:14 AM Re: Diagnosis & Prognosis [Re: Jayhawk1952]
PHOGUSHER Online   content
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Assimilation is what everyone should strive for...what are we the "Borg".. Although you are somewhat accurate on your description of KStaters you perception of the rest of so called normal society is askew. Variety is the spice of life other wise most would'nt accept your "Prescilla Queen of the Desert" lifestyle.

#2041449 - 06/27/19 10:21 AM Re: Diagnosis & Prognosis [Re: PHOGUSHER]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

some discussions here are hard to comprehend much less counter.

#2041453 - 06/27/19 11:34 AM Re: Diagnosis & Prognosis [Re: Jayhawk1952]
PHOGUSHER Online   content
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
One must have the intellect to comprehend...I will just leave it at that..but on Jimbo's point about KSuckers I have a little story. My nephews sophmore year at Auburn...KState played a football game there..local sports showed all the KState rubes amongst the Auburn tailgating crowd.

The KSuckers were cheap tshirt and denim wearing hayseeds in the well dressed War Eagle crowd. The Auburn fans was wondering where the hell the KSuck fans parked their hay wagons and tractors...SEC football fans dress up nice ...most are class acts.

Edited by PHOGUSHER (06/27/19 11:36 AM)

#2041454 - 06/27/19 11:38 AM Re: Diagnosis & Prognosis [Re: PHOGUSHER]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

yep, k-state fans dress in jeans while southern girls wear dresses to football games.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Preview