Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2041130 - 06/10/19 02:04 PM One Down, Two To Go
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Isaiah Moss just committed to KU as a graduate transfer from Iowa. Sounds like he can help us as a three point shooter. Two more scholarships available. We should learn Wednesday what Jalen Wilson has decided. Sounds like he can be a help to us as well. We already have a great team assembled for this coming year, these two can help make it a bit stronger. Self would have one scholarship left. He may use it or sit on it for someone special for next year. Time will tell.

#2041131 - 06/10/19 02:58 PM Re: One Down, Two To Go [Re: Jayhawk1952]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
What no 40000 word diatribe...good job. Yes Moss we needed that guy...Wilson would be nice but I am not holding my breath...I think we are pretty solid as is...nomsayin...

#2041132 - 06/10/19 03:54 PM Re: One Down, Two To Go [Re: Jayhawk1952]
madcapper Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: Ozarks
I hope we get the big guy

#2041133 - 06/10/19 04:33 PM Re: One Down, Two To Go [Re: madcapper]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Max Falkenstien

With Moss and Wilson, our team would be really hard for others to deal with. Great depth with both guards and forwards/posts. Good shooters from all areas of the court. A monster under the bucket extremely hard to stop. Double up on him and it opens up our mid-range and 3-point shooters. Double up on them and it opens up our men under. the basket. The one area that I really hope we can get back to is Bill Self's way of defense. If we can have a whole team that defends like Garrett, watch out! Keep in mind how we started out last year at full strength.

#2041134 - 06/10/19 06:08 PM Re: One Down, Two To Go [Re: Jayhawk1952]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Isaiah Moss come on down. Shooters welcome.

#2041136 - 06/10/19 06:19 PM Re: One Down, Two To Go [Re: Jayhawk1952]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

He scored 19 pts in 96 seconds in a B10 game last season...thats legit...

#2041141 - 06/11/19 05:13 AM Re: One Down, Two To Go [Re: Jayhawk1952]
TheStarhawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Florida
yeah I agree with everything said. its super exciting to have him come here. and he might not be as Michael Jordan but he is 6'6" and people say he is a future NBA prospect. very glad we get these guys nobody is talking about. absolutely fine by me. Would really like to get Jalen Wilson. His brother was great in college. I love getting the low key guys not the Grimes, RJ, Selby types which are billed up to be great but are not.

I think we seriously have some team oriented players for next year non ego people who just want to see the team win which is great. not so much last year.

I don't understand those who dislike transfer kids. These guys are proven with experience in college. they are totally more hit than miss. I love transfers!

#2041150 - 06/11/19 02:06 PM Re: One Down, Two To Go [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Keeping my fingers crossed for the possibility of the second scholarship being filled in 24 hours if Wilson makes his announcement as he said.

#2041153 - 06/11/19 06:28 PM Re: One Down, Two To Go [Re: TheStarhawk]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Originally Posted By: TheStarhawk
yeah I agree with everything said. its super exciting to have him come here. and he might not be as Michael Jordan but he is 6'6" and people say he is a future NBA prospect. very glad we get these guys nobody is talking about. absolutely fine by me. Would really like to get Jalen Wilson. His brother was great in college. I love getting the low key guys not the Grimes, RJ, Selby types which are billed up to be great but are not.

I think we seriously have some team oriented players for next year non ego people who just want to see the team win which is great. not so much last year.

I don't understand those who dislike transfer kids. These guys are proven with experience in college. they are totally more hit than miss. I love transfers!

Grad transfers are a different story...somebody like Grimes is the same old story...things did not work out like he thought it would so he bailed...he actually got fatter at KU under Hudy....think whats going to happen in Texas with mama's home cooking close by...kid wil never sniff the NBA..

#2041157 - 06/12/19 07:00 AM Re: One Down, Two To Go [Re: Jayhawk1952]
TheStarhawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Florida
Originally Posted By: Jayhawk1952
With Moss and Wilson, our team would be really hard for others to deal with. Great depth with both guards and forwards/posts. Good shooters from all areas of the court. A monster under the bucket extremely hard to stop. Double up on him and it opens up our mid-range and 3-point shooters. Double up on them and it opens up our men under. the basket. The one area that I really hope we can get back to is Bill Self's way of defense. If we can have a whole team that defends like Garrett, watch out! Keep in mind how we started out last year at full strength.

I like your take 52. but I still feel very questionable about this team. There always feels something missing with Bill's teams. I never felt that with Roy. I always felt strongly Roy's teams played with confidence and played like their coach with pride and spirited. Roy's teams (I'm sort of young) I don't remember them all that well but I remember his offenses were stellar and took his teams deep into the tournament. Historically speaking. Bill's defenses were what allowed our offense to be potent, but with recruiting woes over the years, plus an ncaa investigation I would say that this isn't the case anymore and he has had to adapt to changes in college basketball and permanent trends in the global game like the: 4 guard lineup and 3 pointers and the point forward players.

We ultimately will lack experience next year for a deep tournament run. And I still don't feel great about shooting even with Moss, lets say Wilson comes here too, do these guys have the mental fortitude of a champion? I don't care what their skills are billed out to be. Can these guys grow up and win some close games... that will be the question I have. I strongly feel this team is missing one more piece! we have some weaknesses still even with WILSON one I can think of other than experience is shooting, and chemistry these guys have never played with each other! I hope bill does a better coaching job because last years team was an embarrassment.

Edited by TheStarhawk (06/12/19 07:07 AM)

#2041158 - 06/12/19 08:59 AM Re: One Down, Two To Go [Re: Jayhawk1952]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Really dont know why you think we wont have enough experience for a deep tourney run...Dok has experience...Silvio has experience...Dotson has experience...Garrett has experience...Moss has experience with a different system. So all 5 potential starters have experience...at least more than Duke or Kentucky who will be throwing 3-4 freshmen on the court...I think this upcoming squad has a great chance to make the F4....

#2041159 - 06/12/19 10:09 AM Re: One Down, Two To Go [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Starhawk, I strongly disagree with you. While I believe Roy was/is a great coach and did us quite well, Bill has done us even better. This is considering their regular season and post season results. I'm not going into any detail as i've readied a post that will give you a good comparison. KU basketball has seen its best basketball during the past 36 years and it has gotten better with each susceeding coach. It will be posted soon.

#2041160 - 06/12/19 10:12 AM Re: One Down, Two To Go [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Max Falkenstien

This year's team has the potential to be one of our best teams ever.

#2041161 - 06/12/19 10:33 AM Re: One Down, Two To Go [Re: Jayhawk1952]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Starhawk is somewhat correct....with Roys totally loaded teams 97..98..02...03...they blew the mediocre teams out like they should...Bill totally loaded teams at times lost to mediocre teams they should never lose to...OSU and T Tech comes to mind.

Both lost with loaded teams early in the tournament...Roi in 98 to Rhode Island...Utep in 92...Bill losing to UNI with the Morris twins might be the biggest choke job of his KU coaching career.

So Star might be correct because Bill has lost to more mediocre teams in his 16 yrs with more consistent better talent..Rpi getting us to the 91 and 93 F4s with 3 star talent was an amazing accomplishment. Bills dominance over Roy straight up cancels that out...I say they are pretty much equal....

Edited by PHOGUSHER (06/12/19 10:39 AM)

#2041162 - 06/12/19 11:43 AM Re: One Down, Two To Go [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Max Falkenstien

According to a number of posters on this board, the only thing that counts are national championships. Roy had 0 and Bill has 1 at KU. For some that settles it. Confidentially, I don't ascribe to that. Roy did have some teams that should have won it all, especially the 1997 and 2003 teams. Of course the same can be said of Bill. Perhaps the national championship does tip the scale in Bill's favor.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Preview