Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2041163 - 06/12/19 11:52 AM Re: One Down, Two To Go [Re: Jayhawk1952]
PHOGUSHER Online   content
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
That doesnt settle it...Roys 4-3 F4 appearances equates this...I get it Bill vs Roy straight up is a big deal...but Roi at UNC with 3 titles in the same time span with similar talent makes it a debatable matter on who is the better coach....

#2041164 - 06/12/19 12:57 PM Re: One Down, Two To Go [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I'm only referring to KU time. But if you want to bring their total resume, Bill took over three different programs that were down, two of them really in bad shape and turned them around to reach new heights. Roy inherited two schools with great tradition. Bill started at the bottom and worked his way up.

#2041165 - 06/12/19 03:13 PM Re: One Down, Two To Go [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Two down and one to go! With the commitment of Wilson to take the second of our remaining scholarships, we only have one to go. As a team we appear to be sitting pretty. So does Self. He now has a great looking team as it is with a scholarship sitting in his pocket for whomever or whatever. It's a great day to be a Jayhawk!

Edited by Jayhawk1952 (06/12/19 03:20 PM)

#2041166 - 06/12/19 04:26 PM Re: One Down, Two To Go [Re: Jayhawk1952]
madcapper Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: Ozarks
I hope the last one is the 6'10" french guy, it would be a well rounded recruiting class. One i like

#2041167 - 06/12/19 04:48 PM Re: One Down, Two To Go [Re: Jayhawk1952]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Jalen Jayhawk! Jayhawks rock!

#2041170 - 06/12/19 06:46 PM Re: One Down, Two To Go [Re: Jayhawk1952]
TheStarhawk Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: Florida
The point of my post wasn't to argue bill vs roy. I like both. I will always like roy over bill if I had the picking. but bill is amazing too. We are truly fortunate from the coaching perspective. I do question strong bills recruiting strategies of late. But I understand his struggles and long run It will benefit us from a team perspective to have 4 stars buy into the program.

Now: concerning next years team yes they have the potential for a great run final 4. but how great a team this will be will be determined by chemistry, their shooting, and being experienced not relying on dok and de Sousa fully. who is going to step up to make big plays when it counts? Thats what I'm worried about. I'm still not fully sold. Maybe last year was that traumatic for me. I'm sick of getting destroyed by lowly schools like Auburn, Villanova, Tech by the long bomb. Its getting ridiculous. Does bill not know how to change defenses and can our players play with a fire in their belly?

#2041171 - 06/12/19 07:07 PM Re: One Down, Two To Go [Re: Jayhawk1952]
INation Offline
Thunderhawk

These last two recruiting classes are what I like to see. Not really any of them look to be one and done type players. Plus the balance in height and positions will make this team a very experienced and cohesive unit in a year or two.

#2041172 - 06/12/19 08:23 PM Re: One Down, Two To Go [Re: TheStarhawk]
SFBayhawk Offline
Max Falkenstien

Roy at KU: Revisionist history. Roy never won an NC at KU. Before his next to last year, when he made the FF, there was a LOT of grumbling on the home front of Roy's blowing it, especially in '97 to UA and '98 to RHODE ISLAND!?! ('97 was the biggest choke in my history of watching KU ball since the sixties.) Maybe '98 can be explained as Jim Harrick was RI's coach before being run out of bball. Anyhow, Roy's tears at post tournament losses "fer the keeds" was also a joke. By the way, Roy getting waxed by Maryland in the 01-02 semi finals was also an incredible choke. Roy was looking in the air as Heinrich was trying to rally the huddle. They were behind a whole 7 points?

I can't imagine Bill in the Memphis game quitting when he sees John the Oil Can on the opposing bench.

Roy also appeased Deano by never recruiting east of the Mississippi. Those boys were for his girl friend, UNC. Two best old videos (utube?) would be Stankum Monkee on Roy's shoulder and Roy's entourage bailing up the back stairs at AFH (Hasse is among the traitors) going to Cackalackie.

"Dean...I'm home".

#2041173 - 06/12/19 09:39 PM Re: One Down, Two To Go [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Original AFH Gangsta

97 was not a choke job considering that Zona team won it all....losing to Rhode Island in round of 32 was a big time choke but I kind of attribute that to the OKC curse...Utep loss in the round of 32 was a choke job also...

Roi downfall at KU was the 9 yr stretch between F4 appearances due partly to his poor recruiting efforts. He never would go head to head for east coast recruits against his mentor Dean Smith..oh I just reread SF post and he mentioned that Roi never recruited east of the old muddy....

Edited by PHOGUSHER (06/12/19 09:41 PM)

#2041178 - 06/12/19 11:34 PM Re: One Down, Two To Go [Re: INation]
moose1 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Wichita
Originally Posted By: INation
These last two recruiting classes are what I like to see. Not really any of them look to be one and done type players. Plus the balance in height and positions will make this team a very experienced and cohesive unit in a year or two.

Huh? Grimes was predicted, and Dotson probably would not be too far behind.

Other than that I tend to agree with you especially on this class. I am ready to try having some high quality players that will stick around, and that you can build around.

#2041669 - 07/16/19 11:50 PM Re: One Down, Two To Go [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

And now we're down to zero scholarships. Dajuan Harris, a 3 * point guard, has accepted our final one for 2019-2020. Sounds like he might be a good one to have and perhaps a four year one at that.

#2041670 - 07/17/19 09:03 AM Re: One Down, Two To Go [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Original AFH Gangsta

Guy might be a Graham type player or a Charlie Moore type player....dont like Self giving early schollies to 3 star players. We are KU and should offer to the best of the best only...take the 3 stars if their the only resort. Ya dont see Duke offering schollies to 90nth ranked Rivals guys early or ever...thats what the KSucks of the world recruits..

#2041671 - 07/17/19 09:52 AM Re: One Down, Two To Go [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Guess that's the joy and sorrow of recruiting. You never know for sure what you are getting until it all starts playing out. Giving out stars by the "experts" is only a subjective game. They often miss it as well, either direction.

#2041672 - 07/17/19 10:48 AM Re: One Down, Two To Go [Re: Jayhawk1952]
madcapper Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: Ozarks
Tait article said he is a 4 star but either way I'd rather have the young man who wants to be a Jayhawk.

#2041675 - 07/17/19 11:35 AM Re: One Down, Two To Go [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Original AFH Gangsta

Ok ok...hope he is a Mason instead of a Moore.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Preview