Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2041065 - 06/05/19 07:40 AM Re: Starting Lineup Predictions 5-24-19 [Re: moose1]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Trance Land
Originally Posted By: moose1
If Garrett is going to start he has to be able to shoot threes. If he can't shoot threes he is WAY to easy to guard.

Harder to guard a player driving to the basket than a player standing at the 3 point line.

#2041068 - 06/05/19 10:03 AM Re: Starting Lineup Predictions 5-24-19 [Re: MICHHAWK]
B_of_H Offline
is in your head....

Loc: the urban core
Originally Posted By: MICHHAWK
Of course MG is going to start.

this. with the current lineup I cannot fathom Garrett coming off the bench. I'm not sure how a rational person could conclude that he would. If HCBS could genetically engineer the perfect guard then Garrett would be the template. 6'5 combo, tough, defense first, can guard the 4 fairly well but also play PG. Is this that hard to understand?

#2041070 - 06/05/19 10:28 AM Re: Starting Lineup Predictions 5-24-19 [Re: B_of_H]
madcapper Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: Ozarks
It is for phogo

#2041071 - 06/05/19 10:40 AM Re: Starting Lineup Predictions 5-24-19 [Re: B_of_H]
PHOGUSHER Online   content
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Duurrhhh...no I dont disagree that Bill wont start Garrett...I think there might be better options. Bit Garrett will be Lucas Edition 2 ...thats how Bill rolls...

#2041072 - 06/05/19 11:28 AM Re: Starting Lineup Predictions 5-24-19 [Re: MICHHAWK]
parkhawk3319 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Bohemia
Originally Posted By: MICHHAWK
Starters will be:

Dotson
Agbaji
MG
SDS
The Big Fella

It would have been this even if Grimes came back. That's why Grimes left. Agbaji's effort exceeded Grimes when he was on the floor and he has as much potential upside. Any freshman breaking into this lineup would have to be a guaranteed lottery pick. Self has the luxury of reduced PT expectations with the recruits he got. They are not expecting to start and they will learn while coming off the bench and watching/learning from more experienced players.

#2041073 - 06/05/19 11:59 AM Re: Starting Lineup Predictions 5-24-19 [Re: parkhawk3319]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: reservation lake, mn
sorry boys, but that lineup doesn't look all that daunting without considerable improvement by the principals coupled with dok's good health. gasp, could it be two in a row?

#2041074 - 06/05/19 12:04 PM Re: Starting Lineup Predictions 5-24-19 [Re: PHOGUSHER]
B_of_H Offline
is in your head....

Originally Posted By: PHOGUSHER
Duurrhhh...no I dont disagree that Bill wont start Garrett...I think there might be better options. Bit Garrett will be Lucas Edition 2 ...thats how Bill rolls...

When it is all said and done Garrett will be a beloved Jayhawk. Here is a list of players he is considerably better than so far (soph):

Elijah Johnson
Travis Releford
Tyler Reed
Billy Morningsleeves
Ryan Robertson

Players he is statistically similar to so far:
Russell Robinson
Aaron Miles

Food for Thought.

#2041075 - 06/05/19 12:05 PM Re: Starting Lineup Predictions 5-24-19 [Re: tmcats]
B_of_H Offline
is in your head....

Originally Posted By: tmcats
sorry boys, but that lineup doesn't look all that daunting without considerable improvement by the principals coupled with dok's good health. gasp, could it be two in a row?

If dok gets hurt again his backup is a MAA named David McCormack. fwiw

#2041076 - 06/05/19 12:12 PM Re: Starting Lineup Predictions 5-24-19 [Re: Maximus]
moose1 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Wichita
Originally Posted By: Maximus
If Garrett is going to start he has to be able to shoot threes. If he can't shoot threes he is WAY to easy to guard.

Harder to guard a player driving to the basket than a player standing at the 3 point line.

It is pretty easy to guard someone when you can say off of him 6ft. Plus it makes Garrett's defender able to help out on other opponents.

#2041077 - 06/05/19 12:34 PM Re: Starting Lineup Predictions 5-24-19 [Re: moose1]
B_of_H Offline
is in your head....

It is pretty easy to guard someone when you can say off of him 6ft. Plus it makes Garrett's defender able to help out on other opponents.

but it also allows him to see the passing lanes and doesn't put any pressure on him. We saw this with Gottlieb over and over so teams started playing him tight anyway.

#2041086 - 06/05/19 07:56 PM Re: Starting Lineup Predictions 5-24-19 [Re: B_of_H]
moose1 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Wichita
Originally Posted By: B_of_H

but it also allows him to see the passing lanes and doesn't put any pressure on him. We saw this with Gottlieb over and over so teams started playing him tight anyway.

He may be able to see better but what he is seeing is bad angles and low success of getting the ball in. It happened last year where teams sagged off of Garrett and to a lesser extent Grimes and KU could NOT get the ball in.

Hey if Garrett shoots better I do not mind seeing him in the game. Also a shot is correctable. He could have gotten better over the summer.

#2041087 - 06/05/19 09:08 PM Re: Starting Lineup Predictions 5-24-19 [Re: B_of_H]
Jayhawk1952 Online   content
Max Falkenstien

We've had a good number of players in the past who have really uped their game by their Jr./Sr. years. Garrett could very well become another one.

#2041092 - 06/06/19 08:13 AM Re: Starting Lineup Predictions 5-24-19 [Re: B_of_H]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Trance Land
Redshirt was pulled to replace Garrett. In the six games played between Jan. 29 and Feb. 16, Agbaji scored 20-plus points three times and achieved double-figure scoring in three of those games.

#2041093 - 06/06/19 08:39 AM Re: Starting Lineup Predictions 5-24-19 [Re: B_of_H]
B_of_H Offline
is in your head....

yeah, och was great until there was a scouting report on him.

#2041094 - 06/06/19 08:53 AM Re: Starting Lineup Predictions 5-24-19 [Re: B_of_H]
PHOGUSHER Online   content
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
What is this with Timmay and his stock photos of plain looking KSuck girls with a goofy look on their faces to go with his vain attempts to insult KU hoops. Two in a row aint happening for Emaw and even if it did whoopity fuuuuking doo.

Try stringing a minimum of 5 together then he might have something...hell one up it and get the Mildcats to their first F4 since 1964 especially sinve mighty KU has been to 5 since 2002.

In other words come back with some significant accomplishments then we might pay some respect to your mediocre bball program...and thats respect you will never ever earn..

Edited by PHOGUSHER (06/06/19 08:55 AM)

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Preview