Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2040824 - 05/18/19 04:04 PM Re: 2019 Recruits Signed [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Trance Land
Kansas rarely ranks in the top five of recruiting classes — the last time was 2013, when Andrew Wiggins, Wayne Seldon and Joel Embiid highlighted the No. 2 group — but they almost always get at least one five-star.

This class could be the first since 2012 the Jayhawks don’t get one – unless a late commit like Hampton comes aboard.

“They were the first Blue Blood program to offer me and Coach Self and Coach Jerrance have really been there from the beginning,” Hampton wrote in his USA TODAY blog last month.

“They keep preaching that if I come there I can be their go-to guy that can get them back to the Final Four and win a national title.”

R.J. Hampton

Opinion poll at the link have KU and Texas Tech ties for Hampton recruit.

#2040826 - 05/20/19 06:17 AM Re: 2019 Recruits Signed [Re: PHOGUSHER]
TheStarhawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Florida
Originally Posted By: PHOGUSHER
It will be Kentucky....sigh...

I'm very confident now RJ comes here. He posted on IG some very positive KU stuff the other day... It does worry me that he keeps changing up his final 4 schools. but I think he is coming here. pretty safe to say.

#2040832 - 05/20/19 02:12 PM Re: 2019 Recruits Signed [Re: TheStarhawk]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Trance Land
Originally Posted By: TheStarhawk
It will be Kentucky....sigh...

I'm very confident now RJ comes here. He posted on IG some very positive KU stuff the other day... It does worry me that he keeps changing up his final 4 schools. but I think he is coming here. pretty safe to say.

Kentucky PG Ashton Hagans returns for Kentucky. R.J. Hampton would come off the bench, and would start for Kansas.

https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/early_entry/by_year

“I’m thinking that he may visit Kansas with Jalen [Wilson],” the elder Hampton told 247Sports.

Wilson is scheduled to go to Kansas from May 30 to June 1st. Hampton added that it wasn’t definitive, and that Wilson and his son are best friends, but they both ended to make their college choices separately.

Grimes has until June 10 to withdraw from the NBA Draft and return to KU.

https://247sports.com/college/basketball...uard-132181628/

Rachelle Ryerson

#2040833 - 05/20/19 05:09 PM Re: 2019 Recruits Signed [Re: Maximus]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
No mas on Grimey....dont want him back...no heart...

#2040837 - 05/21/19 03:41 PM Re: 2019 Recruits Signed [Re: PHOGUSHER]
moose1 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Wichita

Did Grimes kick your dog in the nuts or something? I don't get the hate for him. Yeah he was not as advertised and had a rough year. He was a freshman though, and that happens, especially under Self. I don't think he does a great job getting the most out of freshman. I don't see how you say he doesn't have any heart. He was a decent defender, and gave effort on both ends. To me that shows he has some heart. I don't recall watching him play, and say that kid is just slacking out there.

I for one would like to see him come back, and see what he does.

#2040838 - 05/21/19 03:44 PM Re: 2019 Recruits Signed [Re: Maximus]
moose1 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

If KU gets Hampton and Wilson I would really like this class. It would be filled with 4 star kids who are quality players, but probably not a danger of declaring for the draft after one year. I think KU could really build around a group like that. Having one 5 star one and done type with all the 4 star kids I think would be a nice balance. You get some top end play, and then a group to build around.

If Coach Self does get those two players it would be really pulling a rabbit out of a hat, and making it a REALLY nice class.

#2040840 - 05/21/19 07:27 PM Re: 2019 Recruits Signed [Re: moose1]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Originally Posted By: moose1

Did Grimes kick your dog in the nuts or something? I don't get the hate for him. Yeah he was not as advertised and had a rough year. He was a freshman though, and that happens, especially under Self. I don't think he does a great job getting the most out of freshman. I don't see how you say he doesn't have any heart. He was a decent defender, and gave effort on both ends. To me that shows he has some heart. I don't recall watching him play, and say that kid is just slacking out there.

I for one would like to see him come back, and see what he does.

Its simple dum dum. If you have any of our last yrs games on video...rewatch them... Outside of game 1 bs Sparty where he performed as advertised he often looked bored with lack of effort in most others. He argued with Self often....Good riddance I say...he will do nothing in the league...I will bet you 500 or more on that. ..cmon sucka...lol you also stated you dont remember watching him play that much. I watched every single game...he was over rated..

Edited by PHOGUSHER (05/21/19 07:29 PM)

#2040863 - 05/24/19 02:53 PM Re: 2019 Recruits Signed [Re: Maximus]
B_of_H Offline
is in your head....

Loc: the urban core
Things i've heard about grimes:

went from 6% BF to 11% in his first semester on campus. Was struggling to throw down dunks in practice by December that he easily threw down in October. Barely made any progress in the weight room all year.

Edited by B_of_H (05/24/19 02:53 PM)

#2040879 - 05/25/19 07:57 AM Re: 2019 Recruits Signed [Re: Maximus]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I believe Hampton will be a Jayhawk. Wilson will probably wait to see about Grimes.

#2040880 - 05/25/19 08:45 AM Re: 2019 Recruits Signed [Re: Maximus]
moose1 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I guess who would you would rather want Grimes or Wilson? I am torn if Grimes wants to be here I don’t want to give up on him and I think he can be a good player. Yet I like what I have seen from Wilson and after last year I don’t necessarily trust Grimes.

Phogusher no need for you to respond we all know your thoughts on Grimes.

#2040881 - 05/25/19 09:14 AM Re: 2019 Recruits Signed [Re: Maximus]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

It doesnt matter what my feelings are concerning Grimes...he just aint coming back and thats all on him....

#2040886 - 05/25/19 06:45 PM Re: 2019 Recruits Signed [Re: Maximus]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I like Wilson's length and unselfish play. He has good handles for a guy his size and tremendous court awareness to go along with good passing skills. A decent shooter.

Grimes shooting problems go beyond just confidence. If you watch his misses they are not just short or long, they are left and right and all over the place. We saw flashes of what he can do but he may just be another tweener that's good at most things but not great at any of them.

#2040888 - 05/25/19 08:06 PM Re: 2019 Recruits Signed [Re: Maximus]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Again discus head...Grimes aint coming back...PERIOD..EXCLAIMATION POINT...Top of the muffin...TO YOU...

#2040889 - 05/25/19 08:17 PM Re: 2019 Recruits Signed [Re: PHOGUSHER]
moose1 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Again discus head...Grimes aint coming back...PERIOD..EXCLAIMATION POINT...Top of the muffin...TO YOU...

Dude STFU! We know what you think let us talk a$$hole! You’re just as bad as Timmy.

#2040890 - 05/25/19 08:39 PM Re: 2019 Recruits Signed [Re: Maximus]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

No I am not...unlike Timmay I could bust you up. Grimes just aint coming back. Why would you want him back. Dotson and Hampton would be a better backcourt...

Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Preview