Page 4 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16 17 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2040026 - 03/27/19 10:25 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2020 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Josh2408]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Flint Hills
Originally Posted By: Josh2408
Everyone that comments or says athlete on Hardens twitter he gets kinda mad and immediately responds with Quarterback

Heh. Good for him. Sounds like he's got a strong competitive spirit. That's a good thing. I'm looking forward to seeing him compete.

#2040381 - 04/14/19 03:21 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2020 News, Updates,etc! [Re: appyhawk]
pizzanbeer Offline
Max Falkenstien

Did anyone watch the HUDL video for Jimmy "The Jet" Holiday? He is a QB that Rivals lists as an ATH recruit. I was not impressed with his passing highlights but he is fast. He is another QB that I think Miles would convert into a WR.

Edited by pizzanbeer (04/14/19 03:30 PM)

#2040411 - 04/16/19 09:45 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2020 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
Kman_blue Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Keith Miller III a 6'5" 205lbs. 3 star WR out of The Colony HS in The Colony, TX just committed to KU! He chose KU over schools like TTech, Washington St. Colorado, BC, and ksu to name a few. He was up at KU for the Spring game this past Saturday. He and his family loved their visit and had a good time from all reports.

Another big ass stud WR for this class. I think our shortest current commit is 6'4" and so far all but 1 is a WR/TE. I'm sensing a trend here. LOL

#2040415 - 04/16/19 10:51 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2020 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
Wilt Chamberlain

While we got 1 commitment out of the Spring game so far, I'm getting the feeling we may have another 1 or 2 recruits who have privately committed also. Just the feeling I've been getting for a few weeks now based on some of the stuff I'm hearing. Nobody is coming out and saying this guy or that guy is committed but doesn't want it out yet. Rather, I keep hearing things that don't sound quite right to me unless the player in question has already told the coaches they're committed. That's just the vibe I'm getting from what I've heard and 1 of these guys was at the Spring game.

I could be wrong and these guys are just really strong leans to KU right now and not 100% officially committed, but it feels like more than that to me.

#2040431 - 04/18/19 11:10 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2020 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
While we got 1 commitment out of the Spring game so far, I'm getting the feeling we may have another 1 or 2 recruits who have privately committed also. Just the feeling I've been getting for a few weeks now based on some of the stuff I'm hearing. Nobody is coming out and saying this guy or that guy is committed but doesn't want it out yet. Rather, I keep hearing things that don't sound quite right to me unless the player in question has already told the coaches they're committed. That's just the vibe I'm getting from what I've heard and 1 of these guys was at the Spring game.

I could be wrong and these guys are just really strong leans to KU right now and not 100% officially committed, but it feels like more than that to me.

As I have always said, "verbals" are nice and give a bit of press and exposure, but getting a kid to actually ink is the true measure. That said, I think Miles is the type of coach who manages to land the vast majority of fish that bite.

#2040439 - 04/18/19 03:22 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2020 News, Updates,etc! [Re: beenahawk]
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: beenahawk
...getting a kid to actually ink is the true measure. That said, I think Miles is the type of coach who manages to land the vast majority of fish that bite.
Yep! to the bold part and I think you're right on the rest too!

#2040452 - 04/19/19 07:58 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2020 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Trance Land
Keith Miller III a 6'5" 205lbs. 3 star WR out of The Colony HS in The Colony, TX just committed to KU! He chose KU over schools like TTech, Washington St. Colorado, BC, and ksu to name a few. He was up at KU for the Spring game this past Saturday. He and his family loved their visit and had a good time from all reports.

Another big ass stud WR for this class. I think our shortest current commit is 6'4" and so far all but 1 is a WR/TE. I'm sensing a trend here. LOL

https://247sports.com/college/texas-tech...tted-125964650/

Kliff Kingsbury firing helped out. Looks like a starter in his freshman year.

#2040645 - 05/02/19 08:12 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2020 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Is there a possibility of further recruiting action for this class, or are we all done?

#2040647 - 05/02/19 11:05 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2020 News, Updates,etc! [Re: appyhawk]
moose1 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Wichita
Originally Posted By: appyhawk
Is there a possibility of further recruiting action for this class, or are we all done?

I certainly hope KU is not done recruiting the 2020 class.

#2040656 - 05/03/19 07:40 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2020 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

My bad. I'm still tunneled on '19 and the draft w/ fee agents etc.

I'm interested to see what we have in the new QB Medley that will be coming this summer.
http://www2.kusports.com/news/2019/may/0...it-wi/?football

#2040714 - 05/10/19 11:07 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2020 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
Wilt Chamberlain

Obviously, anyone who reads this website would already know we just got a commitment from Jackson Stoefen a 6'5" 276lbs. 3 star OT out of North Scott High School in Eldridge, IA.

He was also being recruited by Iowa, Minnesota, ISU, ksu, and Nebraska in addition to KU. He was probably being recruited the hardest by Iowa after KU. Iowa was holding off on an official offer though until he showed up at 1 of their camps this summer according to the word on the street. He appears to have shut his recruitment down now, but I won't be surprised to see some other P-5 programs step in with official offers over the next few months. If I had to guess the only other school who could have a chance to sway him is Iowa if they offer, but I'm not confident he'd waiver from KU even then. He's visited KU a couple different times this spring. Both of his parents have also visited with him and from all accounts they really liked KU and Lawrence, and that helped him choose to commit.

I think this kid is a solid OT who could be a multiyear starter for us.

Oh, and BTW KU is now ranked #39 in the nation for our 2020 recruiting class and #6 in the Big 12.

#2040737 - 05/13/19 02:45 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2020 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
ObviouslyOh, and BTW KU is now ranked #39 in the nation for our 2020 recruiting class and #6 in the Big 12.

Ranking looks better on paper....not so good when we remain at only 10 teams. But better by far, than 9th or 10th! laugh

#2041006 - 05/31/19 09:51 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2020 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
vmlb Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

With the new recruit being a walk on raises questions for me. Do walk ons get room and board paid? What is the current tuition cost for an out of state student attending KU?

#2041043 - 06/03/19 06:07 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2020 News, Updates,etc! [Re: vmlb]
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: vmlb
With the new recruit being a walk on raises questions for me. Do walk ons get room and board paid? What is the current tuition cost for an out of state student attending KU?
No.

#2041044 - 06/03/19 06:12 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2020 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
Wilt Chamberlain

Duece Mayberry a 6'1" 170lbs. 3 star DB out of Owasso HS in Owasso, OK just committed to KU. He's the younger brother of Kyle Mayberry and has been up to KU and Lawrence a bunch of times over the past couple years in addition to this past weekend's football camp.

For those watching the team recruiting rankings, this now makes KU #38 in the nation and holding steady at #6 in the Big 12.

Page 4 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16 17 >

Preview