Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2040754 - 05/14/19 09:55 AM Re: The Blue Bloods? [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Max Falkenstien

I don't know much about him. He just seems to pop up now and then on this board blathering and blowing bubbles about how KU isn't a Blue Blood and other nonsense. If he is one, he doesn't seem to be much of a Jayhawk fan. For all I know, he may be living in a forgotten and overlooked cell in Alcatraz. Guess that would fit in with San Fran as you mentioned.

#2040755 - 05/14/19 10:59 AM Re: The Blue Bloods? [Re: madcapper]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Originally Posted By: madcapper
Opinions are like azzholes Phogo, everyone has one. Just because they don't agree with you doesnt make them wrong. Lighten up and let everyone have a say without your interrnet tough guy replies.

I am the Ultimate Warrior on the Interweb. Sure everyone has an opinion. And thats my point...most individuals on this forum haa most likely had their blue blood teams already determined. No need for 52 to post a novella with stats trying to convince us that KU belongs in that group. Sort of like preaching to the choir...nomsayin

#2040756 - 05/14/19 11:32 AM Re: The Blue Bloods? [Re: JimWest]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Originally Posted By: JimWest
Originally Posted By: Jayhawk1952
long pointless spin post

None of this changes the only stat that matters: national championships.

5 is minimum for blue blood status. A bunch of wins against inferior competition doesn't mean [censored].

Such thinking is really mindless! To consider your criteria as the mark of a Blue Blood makes no sense! This would literally mean that only one game each season has any meaning. The 25 - 30 plus wins during the season have no weight. The wins during decades, actually over 100 years for everyone, have no sway. That is absolute nonsense. To say that all the appearances and wins in the NCAA tourney don't mean anything without a championship is ridiculous. Championships are great and everyone wants one. But to say that they are the only mark of determination of a Blue Blood is ludicrous. They are part of the equation, but certainly not the only consideration.

#2040757 - 05/14/19 12:43 PM Re: The Blue Bloods? [Re: Jayhawk1952]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

You have a point...Jimbutt has a point...KU is indeed a Blueblood. But its a Blueblood that has underachieved much more than any other true Blueblood. Again they need to perform better once making a F4. If not they will always be the worst of the Bluebloods.

#2040762 - 05/14/19 08:18 PM Re: The Blue Bloods? [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Thanks for giving me some credit for making a point my Phoggy friend and I do consider you a friend. The question is, “Who are the Blue Bloods?”, not who is the top dog and who is the bottom dog of the Blue Bloods. Considering who is the top or bottom Blue Blood based only on one category, national championships, is being too narrow.

If we are trying to consider who is the top dog and who isn’t, there needs to be numerous categories considered and I believe such a decision would be somewhat difficult to come up with. So let me share a few findings with you. KU is # 2 in total all time wins, Duke is # 4 and is 98 wins behind KU. In top percentage of wins, KU is # 3, Duke is # 4. In total NCAA tourney appearances, KU is # 3 and Duke is # 5. In total NCAA games played, KU is # 3 and Duke is # 4. In Consecutive NCAA tourney appearances, KU is # 1 and UK is # 8.

As you can see, the Blue Bloods bounce around in standings on these various categories and KU is not at the bottom of all of them or even most of them. If someone wanted to figure out who might be # 1, etc. overall, it would have to be figured out how much weight to give each category and just which categories should be or should not be considered. So to simply say that KU is the worst of the four Blue Bloods can’t be based on one category, which is what you are doing. And of course that JW person uses that to eliminate KU as a Blue Blood, which is absolutely ridiculous.

#2040763 - 05/14/19 08:42 PM Re: The Blue Bloods? [Re: Jayhawk1952]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

No like Jimbo says once you reach multiple F4s all that counts after that is how you close...KU cant close...Kentucky..Duke...and UNC has closed much better....hell Roi has 3 NCs in 16 yrs...actually in 14 yrs...that equates KU whole history...pull up all the conference titles...winning % you want....KU cant close the deal....UK...UNC..abd Duke can....currently they are superior programs....now go snort some more alfafa and try some weak debate with me later...you will lose that debate...

Edited by PHOGUSHER (05/14/19 08:43 PM)

#2040764 - 05/14/19 08:48 PM Re: The Blue Bloods? [Re: Jayhawk1952]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Also dum dum KU has played D1 ball for a lot more yrs than Duke and UNC...so your total wins thing is not revelant...we even played afew yrs longer than Kentucky...you should check all stats outside of the ones convinient to trying to make your weak point...I will excuse your senility for being the problem once again...lol

#2040765 - 05/14/19 11:15 PM Re: The Blue Bloods? [Re: Jayhawk1952]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

This would literally mean that only one game each season has any meaning.

Please show me a list of all the national champions that won only one game.

Winning a championship takes more than winning one game. It takes winning a series of games. It takes the tenacity to not fold. It takes the hatred of settling.

Non-blue blood programs accept less than complete victory. KU fans make excuses for not winning championships. KU is a non-blue blood program.

#2040766 - 05/14/19 11:24 PM Re: The Blue Bloods? [Re: JimWest]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Winning a championship takes more than winning one game. It takes winning a series of games. It takes the tenacity to not fold. It takes the hatred of settling.

Non-blue blood programs accept less than complete victory. KU fans make excuses for not winning championships. KU is a non-blue blood program.

So the truth finally comes out, all those other games do count! Glad you agree with me.

#2040767 - 05/14/19 11:35 PM Re: The Blue Bloods? [Re: Jayhawk1952]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

So the truth finally comes out, all those other games do count! Glad you agree with me.

Did your wind-swept, blind-JimWest-hating brain tell you something different before?

Try to keep up.

#2040768 - 05/14/19 11:40 PM Re: The Blue Bloods? [Re: JimWest]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Max Falkenstien

I don't hate you, just strongly disagree with you. I don't hate anyone. Glad you realize the importance of winning games during the season.

#2040770 - 05/15/19 05:23 AM Re: The Blue Bloods? [Re: Jayhawk1952]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

I don't hate you, just strongly disagree with you. I don't hate anyone. Glad you realize the importance of winning games during the season.

Just so we're clear, the "importance" of winning games during the season is to qualify for the tournament. However, my point is simpler. The tournament requires winning, at minimum, SIX games. You can't win a national championship by only winning one game.

#2040775 - 05/15/19 12:23 PM Re: The Blue Bloods? [Re: JimWest]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Max Falkenstien

You can believe what you want and I'll believe what I want. No amount of hot air from either of us is going to change the other's mind.

#2040779 - 05/15/19 02:34 PM Re: The Blue Bloods? [Re: Jayhawk1952]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Ok simpleton farm boy and simpleton left coast Nancy boy...this is the last time I repeat this...there are 4 Bluebloods...they rank UK...UNC...Duke..then KU. KU is a Blueblood but the worse one. Please dont overthink this debate because neither of you two have the brain power to do so...get it...got it ....good.

#2040782 - 05/15/19 04:32 PM Re: The Blue Bloods? [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Max Falkenstien

And you're free to your own views and to share your hot air as well as the rest of us.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Preview