Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2041021 - 06/02/19 03:46 AM Re: 2019 Recruits Signed [Re: Maximus]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Actually I think it was Dotson that waited to see what Grimes decided...but that would be about me being right for another day....lol..just messing with you...

#2041060 - 06/04/19 05:08 PM Re: 2019 Recruits Signed [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Trance Land
Wilson will visit UNC from June 3-5. Carolina currently does not have any scholarships available for this year, however, the Tar Heels could use to add depth at the position.

https://bustingbrackets.com/2019/06/01/n...ade-cunningham/

#2041061 - 06/04/19 05:33 PM Re: 2019 Recruits Signed [Re: Maximus]
moose1 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Wichita
Anyone hear how his KU visit went?

#2041069 - 06/05/19 10:05 AM Re: 2019 Recruits Signed [Re: Maximus]
B_of_H Offline
is in your head....

Loc: the urban core
I think our best bet is the Mathis kid from UNM. Time to give up on Wilson, not a good fit anyway.

#2041079 - 06/05/19 01:36 PM Re: 2019 Recruits Signed [Re: Maximus]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Who is Mathis ehhh...who is Mathis...you still reside in P.Village BoH...looked at a rental on 70th just off Roe. Already rented...got to get out of this apartment...its plenty big enough but I need a yard for my hound...

#2041081 - 06/05/19 03:26 PM Re: 2019 Recruits Signed [Re: PHOGUSHER]
B_of_H Offline
is in your head....

Originally Posted By: PHOGUSHER
Who is Mathis ehhh...who is Mathis...you still reside in P.Village BoH...looked at a rental on 70th just off Roe. Already rented...got to get out of this apartment...its plenty big enough but I need a yard for my hound...

https://twitter.com/FansOfKU/status/1135652568149975046

You would be our neighbor. PV kicks as with kids and country club membership or if you want to scope cougars at the blue moose/tavern.

Edited by B_of_H (06/05/19 03:28 PM)

#2041083 - 06/05/19 04:15 PM Re: 2019 Recruits Signed [Re: B_of_H]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Flint Hills
Originally Posted By: B_of_H
I think our best bet is the Mathis kid from UNM. Time to give up on Wilson, not a good fit anyway.

Not a good fit? That he's a good kid, been a Jayhawk fan his whole life, and has a good skill set aside, what is your reasoning to decide Wilson is "not a good fit"?
He seems like a great fit to me!

#2041084 - 06/05/19 04:17 PM Re: 2019 Recruits Signed [Re: Maximus]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

I guess I should go to the Blue Moose..never been to the Tavern. Like the crimson crappy I have been banned from the Peanut on Martway..lol. There is a house on 72nd Terrace off Roe for rent..Thanks for the linkaroo...

#2041085 - 06/05/19 07:52 PM Re: 2019 Recruits Signed [Re: Maximus]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I'm all for getting Wilson and I think we have a good chance to get him. He could give us some line up flexibility. Can play multiple positions at 6-8. Good shooter with good handles and good length. Can also guard multiple positions. YES.

#2041088 - 06/05/19 10:23 PM Re: 2019 Recruits Signed [Re: B_of_H]
moose1 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

It sounds like you do not want Wilson, which I don't get. I like his overall game. With that said why are you giving up on Wilson? Do you have any reports to point to?

As for Mathis I just saw he is going to sign with Oregon.

#2041090 - 06/06/19 08:08 AM Re: 2019 Recruits Signed [Re: appyhawk]
B_of_H Offline
is in your head....

Originally Posted By: appyhawk

Not a good fit? That he's a good kid, been a Jayhawk fan his whole life, and has a good skill set aside, what is your reasoning to decide Wilson is "not a good fit"?

We don't need a SF type. We already have Braun, Enaruna, Garrett, and Ochai that can play that position. I'm not saying I don't want him but we need combos that can shoot. Its not like he is an OAD type player and he is not going to play the 2 right?

#2041095 - 06/06/19 01:55 PM Re: 2019 Recruits Signed [Re: B_of_H]
moose1 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: appyhawk

We don't need a SF type. We already have Braun, Enaruna, Garrett, and Ochai that can play that position. I'm not saying I don't want him but we need combos that can shoot. Its not like he is an OAD type player and he is not going to play the 2 right?

Really we are set at SF? Out of that group you can say without a doubt you have your starting 3 in there? I don't see that. I agree we need combo guards that can shoot. That said time is up who is still out there? Plus KU has 3 scholarships open. It is not like taking Wilson would prevent them taking another player if they came along. Plus from what I have seen and heard Wilson could play some 2 guard. He has a good shot, drives and finishes through contact, is a decent passer, has some decent ball handling (not great), so he has a lot of skills that would work. Is he ideal no, but with the number of scholarships KU has left, and the skills he provides he could fit in. Also a traditional combo guard might not work well with Dotson, we saw that with Grimes. Maybe having a more off the ball two works this year.

Bottom line he is a talented kid, there are spots so why not take him?

#2041096 - 06/06/19 02:11 PM Re: 2019 Recruits Signed [Re: Maximus]
B_of_H Offline
is in your head....

I'm saying its not a good fit because we have big guards who can't dribble and are streaky shooters already. this is not rocket science. Kid is not going to be able to jump in and beat out Garrett for instance at the 2. If he was that good he wouldn't be ranked 60th in his class.

#2041097 - 06/06/19 04:25 PM Re: 2019 Recruits Signed [Re: B_of_H]
moose1 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I'm saying its not a good fit because we have big guards who can't dribble and are streaky shooters already. this is not rocket science. Kid is not going to be able to jump in and beat out Garrett for instance at the 2. If he was that good he wouldn't be ranked 60th in his class.

So we are going to turn down a good player, who is a better shooter NOW than Garrett. Who from what I can see can dribble, and has some decent passing skills on the interior because why?

Per Inside Carolina "Roy Williams and his coaching staff are fond of Wilson's versatility, along with his rebounding ability and moxie. He's a strong shooter, solid ball handler, and the staff feels he can play and guard positions '2' through '4,' according to sources."

Then there is this from the Phog from Coach Beilein "He is a strong, physical wing with the ability to score in a variety of ways," Beilein said through a release. "His versatility gives him the ability to play multiple positions on offense, and his strength allows him to be able to come in and be an impact defender. He has continued to improve in many areas since we have been recruiting him. With his attitude, work ethic and skill set we cannot wait for him to arrive."

We have the scholarships and he could be useful not only next year but in the future. This is NOT rocket science. You don't turn down those kids, especially when there is NO downside. What does the kid have to be in the top 10 for you to want him? You would have probably said no to Mason and Graham as well.

Look I get it. If KU had only one scholarship left I would probably hold off to try to get a better fit such as Kyree Walker, with three scholarships though why not add him. It just adds depth an competition.

#2041101 - 06/07/19 09:56 AM Re: 2019 Recruits Signed [Re: moose1]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Port Huron MI
We got 3 schollies to give. We are running out of options. It would be tremendous if we could get a youngster of this kids caliber this late in the game.

When was the last time we had this many open schollies this late.

Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Preview