Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2040894 - 05/26/19 10:01 AM Re: 2019 Recruits Signed [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Trance Land
Originally Posted By: Maximus

“I’m thinking that he may visit Kansas with Jalen [Wilson],” the elder Hampton told 247Sports.

Wilson is scheduled to go to Kansas from May 30 to June 1st. Hampton added that it wasn’t definitive, and that Wilson and his son are best friends, but they both ended to make their college choices separately.

https://247sports.com/college/basketball...uard-132181628/

Matt Tait posted on http://www2.kusports.com/weblogs/tale-tait/2019/may/24/rj-hampton-sets-date-for-college-announc/ "The time has come," Hampton Tweeted. "Watch Get Up ESPN on Tuesday, May 28. I have an announcement to make."

I think he is choosing Texas Tech and replacing Jarrett Culver in the starting lineup and staying in the state of Texas.

#2040895 - 05/26/19 10:40 AM Re: 2019 Recruits Signed [Re: Maximus]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I'm still thinking KU for Hampton. He could beat out anyone for his spot and KU has a much better chance making final 4 than TTU to repeat IMHO.

I think Self got defense envy watching Tech last year and will crack the whip on the boys this year defensively.

Gusher - maybe Grimes doesn't come back or maybe he does. I don't think he is irredeemable. Last season's experience along with NBA combine may make a light come on with him. And remember, I've got a discus with your name on it.

#2040896 - 05/26/19 12:18 PM Re: 2019 Recruits Signed [Re: Maximus]
moose1 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Wichita
I want Grimes back for several reasons.

1) I don't like giving up on top 10 guys. I think that sends the wrong message. It says hey come to KU, if you don't play well right away we will kick you to the curb.
2) He was not a top 10 talent for no reason. He showed well in international play. He had moments as a freshman. I just think the college lifestyle got to him. He also got into a funk that first year, and couldn't get out of it. Given a summer to refocus I think he can be a player.
3) KU has scholarship room to bring Grimes back and sign Hampton and Wilson. So why not bring him back? If he plays well great, if not he can be an athletic body that can help push other players. Plus I like the idea of increased competition in all the position groups.

If he goes fine, especially if Hampton comes, but I still think he has something to offer. KU has scholarship room, so why not bring him back?

#2040898 - 05/26/19 03:05 PM Re: 2019 Recruits Signed [Re: Maximus]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Again Grimes didnt enjoy being at KU...but if he can contribute then I will more than welcome him back. I dont think that will happen...

#2040899 - 05/26/19 06:04 PM Re: 2019 Recruits Signed [Re: Maximus]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Flint Hills
Maybe you're getting older Al, but you still got power! smile
It seems to me you and Moose have this bull by the horns. I'd welcome Grimes back as though he never left. Love the kid and have been severely disappointed at the trash thrown his way by so many.
Maxy finally posted a lady I'd like to have in my home office. All this typing is wearing me out!

#2040902 - 05/26/19 06:41 PM Re: 2019 Recruits Signed [Re: Maximus]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Lol...yes I have thrown a lot of trash at Grimes. No I just dont think he will return..we shall see suckas.

#2040904 - 05/26/19 07:29 PM Re: 2019 Recruits Signed [Re: Maximus]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Flint Hills
You gonna make us look through your past posts to find where you said Silvio would never play for us again?

Oh...my bad. I see what you're doing. Playing the anti-jinx game cause deep down you really want Grimes back. Sorry I'm so slow to catch on.

#2040906 - 05/26/19 09:32 PM Re: 2019 Recruits Signed [Re: Maximus]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Cmon appy...I said I never thought Silvio would never be released from his suspension...thats different from me saying that Grimes wont be back. I believe he wont because of my observation of him not seeming like he enjoyed his freshman year at old KU. Of course I could be wrong about that...I am still willing to bet anyone a C note that he wont and thats not because I dont want him back. The more talent the better I just dont see it happening.

#2040974 - 05/30/19 11:59 AM Re: 2019 Recruits Signed [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

As it stands now, Wilson has two visits lined up as he will take one to Kansas and one to UNC over the next few weeks. He’s also interested in Michigan again now that Juwan Howard has been named the coach. Those three programs appear to be the teams his most interested in but some believe his decision will come down to either the Tar Heels or Jayhawks.
https://keepingitheel.com/2019/05/28/unc-basketball-did-tar-heels-chances-for-jalen-wilson-increase/

Gabriela Giovanardi

#2041014 - 06/01/19 01:16 PM Re: 2019 Recruits Signed [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Quentin Grimes transferring opens a starting lineup spot.

During his Instagram Live interview, Wilson confirmed that he pretty much had settled on picking KU before he made his visit to Michigan.

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2019/may/30/ku-target-jalen-wilson-ready-kansas-visit/

#2041015 - 06/01/19 01:50 PM Re: 2019 Recruits Signed [Re: moose1]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Originally Posted By: moose1
I guess who would you would rather want Grimes or Wilson? I am torn if Grimes wants to be here I don’t want to give up on him and I think he can be a good player. Yet I like what I have seen from Wilson and after last year I don’t necessarily trust Grimes.

Phogusher no need for you to respond we all know your thoughts on Grimes.

Bumping this just to gnaw on your hide...the Gusher was 100% correctomundo on my prediction on Grimes...BOOM

#2041016 - 06/01/19 04:10 PM Re: 2019 Recruits Signed [Re: Maximus]
madcapper Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: Ozarks
I'd like Wilson and another 3-4 star big man, a project to work with. I love these 3-4 year guys.

#2041017 - 06/01/19 05:55 PM Re: 2019 Recruits Signed [Re: Maximus]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Ok michhawk...lol

#2041018 - 06/01/19 07:18 PM Re: 2019 Recruits Signed [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Jalen Wilson visits UNC on 6/3/19. UNC have Garrison Brooks Height: 6' 9" and Nassir Little Height: 6' 7" returning so KU should be the favorite unless a transfer occurs. Little started at the SF position that Jalen Wilson plays.

#2041020 - 06/02/19 03:27 AM Re: 2019 Recruits Signed [Re: PHOGUSHER]
moose1 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Wichita
Originally Posted By: PHOGUSHER
Originally Posted By: moose1
I guess who would you would rather want Grimes or Wilson? I am torn if Grimes wants to be here I don’t want to give up on him and I think he can be a good player. Yet I like what I have seen from Wilson and after last year I don’t necessarily trust Grimes.

Phogusher no need for you to respond we all know your thoughts on Grimes.

Bumping this just to gnaw on your hide...the Gusher was 100% correctomundo on my prediction on Grimes...BOOM

Yeah yeah yeah you were right. You even got the transfer part right. I did not see that one. With that said I do NOT think it was 100% that he wouldn’t come back. I think if Dotson had stayed in the draft Grimes would have been back.

Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Preview