Page 22 of 25 < 1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2046352 - 01/27/20 09:33 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2020 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
Topcitykid10 Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Loc: Kansas
Per his twitter Christopher Jones decommitted

#2046354 - 01/27/20 09:56 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2020 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Topcitykid10]
Yardbirdbob Offline
John Brown

Originally Posted By: Topcitykid10

Also from his twitter, it sounds like he was recruited over. IOW, someone else took his spot???

#2046397 - 01/28/20 06:52 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2020 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Flint Hills
Beside losing Jones, there was this... (KU Sports)

Then on Tuesday night, Ja’Cobee Bryant, a cornerback from Evergreen, Ala., backed out, as well.

#2046401 - 01/28/20 09:13 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2020 News, Updates,etc! [Re: appyhawk]
Yardbirdbob Offline
John Brown

Now Bryant? Holy crap.

Edited by Yardbirdbob (01/28/20 09:13 PM)

#2046406 - 01/28/20 11:11 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2020 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Yardbirdbob]
EstebanBugatti Offline
Big Dipper

Originally Posted By: Yardbirdbob
Now Bryant? Holy crap.

Good chance that Bryant might not qualify and KU couldn't take the risk.

#2046414 - 01/29/20 10:49 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2020 News, Updates,etc! [Re: EstebanBugatti]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: reservation lake, mn
coach miles' strength was supposed to be recruiting. right now, he hasn't moved the program needle from the previous dude. losing philippe franks was a nut-crusher, wasn't it. probably led to others backing away. so today, looking at this objectively, it could be another decade of blue in lawrence.

#2046424 - 01/29/20 01:00 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2020 News, Updates,etc! [Re: EstebanBugatti]
Yardbirdbob Offline
John Brown

I get it. But I've decided to invest in a nut cup. Seams like LM would tell some of the more questionable student/athletes to get their academic affairs in order before they "commit."

Isn't this 12 decommits this year? I have been following KUFB for decades and do not remember 12 in a year. But I defer to Kman Blue.

#2046429 - 01/29/20 03:22 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2020 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
moose1 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Wichita
Timmy-

Your concern is touching, and yet insincere. You live to kick dirt in KUs face, I know you think your are witty and provocative. To me your just an [censored], and I really don't care what assholes think or have to say.

#2046432 - 01/29/20 04:20 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2020 News, Updates,etc! [Re: moose1]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: reservation lake, mn
moose, how very hostile and unkansan of you on kansas day. debate the facts or kindly remain quiet. i don't care for vindictive, personal attacks either direction.

#2046440 - 01/29/20 05:55 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2020 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
moose1 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Timmy you don't want to debate you want to kick sand in KUs face. It is old and it is boorish, and honestly I don't care what you think. To me you are a piece of trash that gets off at trying to bring someone else down. You are just a bully, and an internet one at that.

#2046441 - 01/29/20 06:21 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2020 News, Updates,etc! [Re: vmlb]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: vmlb
Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
Special teams often wins or loses games. I like those pickups!

Also like getting several guys out of Oklahoma. KU has had really good luck with recruits out of OK in the past.

Kinda sucks that the good Wichita players go to OU or OSU and we get our recruits from Oklahoma.
Yeah, this trend seemed to get going in the 1990's and is still going. Wish more of the top level guys out of Wichita would come to KU rather than go down to OU or OSU, but KU has had good luck getting several top level guys out of Oklahoma so it's almost a wash. That is when we actively recruit Oklahoma, when we strayed away from recruiting there, then it's just a lose, lose for KU on both fronts.

#2046442 - 01/29/20 06:27 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2020 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
moose1 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: vmlb
Special teams often wins or loses games. I like those pickups!

Also like getting several guys out of Oklahoma. KU has had really good luck with recruits out of OK in the past.

Kinda sucks that the good Wichita players go to OU or OSU and we get our recruits from Oklahoma.
Yeah, this trend seemed to get going in the 1990's and is still going. Wish more of the top level guys out of Wichita would come to KU rather than go down to OU or OSU, but KU has had good luck getting several top level guys out of Oklahoma so it's almost a wash. That is when we actively recruit Oklahoma, when we strayed away from recruiting there, then it's just a lose, lose for KU on both fronts.

Chances are slim of Wichita kids going to KU. This is not a KU town AT ALL. As a matter a fact in general Wichita is generally hostile to KU fans. There are pockets of KU fans, but in general Wichita is a WSU town, and to a lesser extent KSU. I get the feeling most the city would really like to see KU fail.

#2046443 - 01/29/20 06:28 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2020 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Yardbirdbob]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: Yardbirdbob
I get it. But I've decided to invest in a nut cup. Seams like LM would tell some of the more questionable student/athletes to get their academic affairs in order before they "commit."

Isn't this 12 decommits this year? I have been following KUFB for decades and do not remember 12 in a year. But I defer to Kman Blue.

It's the most I can remember as well. I haven't looked anything up, just off the top of my head here.

We knew the staff was over-recruiting back in the Fall and many wondered how the coaches were going to make it all work out. Now some of that answer is coming out, besides the guys who've accepted non-traditional type offers and a couple who suffered severe injuries since their commitments.

Also, with the last 3 decommitments, there's a lot more to those stories than is out in the open. Sucks to have it go down like this, but I don't think KU could have taken them on signing day and we can't afford to risk any scholarships.

#2046444 - 01/29/20 06:39 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2020 News, Updates,etc! [Re: moose1]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: moose1
Chances are slim of Wichita kids going to KU. This is not a KU town AT ALL. As a matter a fact in general Wichita is generally hostile to KU fans. There are pockets of KU fans, but in general Wichita is a WSU town, and to a lesser extent KSU. I get the feeling most the city would really like to see KU fail.
That's been the vibe I've gotten when down in Wichita for any period of time over the past few years as well. Since I was just there for a couple days here and there, didn't know if it was an accurate impression or not. That's too bad as I believe there's a few tens of thousands of KU alumni in the greater Wichita area.

Wonder if something similar goes on in other comparable cities? Tulsa for instance. Any anti OU or OSU vibe there combined with a pro U of Tulsa one?

Or cities like Springfield, Little Rock, or Omaha, etc. Except, those states only have 1 P-5 University in them and maybe that changes things.

On a Tulsa side note, it's been a while since I've spent time down there, but I do know there are quite a few KU alumni in the area. So much so, 1 of there local radio stations used to be part of the Jayhawk Network for a number of years. Believe it was the only station outside of Kansas that was an affiliate.

#2046445 - 01/29/20 06:44 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2020 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Topcitykid10]
vmlb Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: Topcitykid10

If Chris Jones didn't have a calf injury, he might have signed.

Page 22 of 25 < 1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 >

Preview