Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2040545 - 04/24/19 06:49 PM Precious Achiuwa
TheStarhawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Florida
Is going to be a special player in college. Not Zion like perhaps, but he will be a great player in his own right.

A must have for KU. Every fan of Kansas, should be messaging and pleading with him rn on social media, with heartfelt posts urging him to come here.

If there has been one, great thing Bill Self has done, it has been recruiting kids of African origins to Kansas.

Cheick Diallo, Joel Embiid, Silvio De Sousa, and Udoka Azubuike.

all studs. We need to get this guy! It is a failure by Kansas if we don't. In my humble opinion. I haven't watched much of him, but he would be such a perfect fit on this team if we got him from what I've heard and seen. we have such a good history with small forwards like Jackson, Wiggins.

he has some potential (for the college game) . Lets pray for the best.

I've reflected a lot of what kind of recruits succeed in college. We could tell him we will give him the full reins of the team (see R. Langford, and T. Young). I have reason to believe, that Achiuwa would be extremely impactful for the team winning with his scoring abilities and natural size if he committed to us. I think he would be given a very large role and could handle that responsibility well.

#2040546 - 04/24/19 06:55 PM Re: Precious Achiuwa [Re: TheStarhawk]
madcapper Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: Ozarks
I would rather have a young man who wants to be here over one we wish to be here.

#2040547 - 04/24/19 06:56 PM Re: Precious Achiuwa [Re: TheStarhawk]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Kentucky is full with 4 top 20 Rival guys..Duke has 4 top 45 Rival guys...even Nova and UNC has a few top 30 recruits a piece...Precious would be wise to come to old KU.

Edited by PHOGUSHER (04/24/19 06:56 PM)

#2040548 - 04/24/19 06:57 PM Re: Precious Achiuwa [Re: TheStarhawk]
madcapper Offline
Big Dipper

I am beginng to think Americans only, why deny an american to place a foreigner.

#2040549 - 04/24/19 07:28 PM Re: Precious Achiuwa [Re: TheStarhawk]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Oh brother....

#2040550 - 04/24/19 10:32 PM Re: Precious Achiuwa [Re: madcapper]
TheStarhawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Originally Posted By: madcapper
I am beginng to think Americans only, why deny an american to place a foreigner.

the only positive to bring an American person is there academics, sense of identification and familiarity. you don't have to investigate them so thoroughly unless your D.Rose. I'm talking about you Silvio!

I like the African players better cause they are typically much more manlier and mature then the American players.

#2040551 - 04/24/19 10:36 PM Re: Precious Achiuwa [Re: madcapper]
TheStarhawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Originally Posted By: madcapper
I would rather have a young man who wants to be here over one we wish to be here.

I'm not a fan of one and done either. believe me. but he is off the charts good. you don't pass up on that.

the Kelly oubres of the world, the Quentin Grimes, cliffs, selbys, etc. can go f themselves. you got to be selective with your battles. we need to be all in with him.

I'm beginning to worry Selfs quote " were going to bring some guys" is hot air. How can you project such confidence with such a below average class? is it because we have some 5 star guys lined up? I hope it is the later.

#2040554 - 04/25/19 08:58 AM Re: Precious Achiuwa [Re: TheStarhawk]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Because Self aint done yet...always been known at getting guys late.

#2040555 - 04/25/19 09:24 AM Re: Precious Achiuwa [Re: TheStarhawk]
KU7679 Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

I'm still trying to digest "much more manlier". Reminded me of the SNL skit with Bill Murray, "Quien es mas macho".

Edited by KU7679 (04/25/19 09:27 AM)

#2040556 - 04/25/19 09:57 AM Re: Precious Achiuwa [Re: TheStarhawk]
moose1 Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Wichita
I think coach Self meant he will get a guy or two but he will also retain some guys. I am guessing Dotson comes back and maybe Grimes. For the life of me I don’t know why Grimes declared in the first place.

I have soured on one and donee but if you sprinkle them in they can help. It looks like KU has a group of guys that will stick around for a while in Abajie, McCormick, Braun and McBride.

#2040557 - 04/25/19 10:54 AM Re: Precious Achiuwa [Re: TheStarhawk]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

FOR ONE LAST FRIGGING TIME..GRIMES AINT COMING BACK...PERIOD..Dotson...Silvio sure...and I am telling you guys Braun will be better than expected...

#2040558 - 04/25/19 11:12 AM Re: Precious Achiuwa [Re: TheStarhawk]
madcapper Offline
Big Dipper

Oh brother

#2040559 - 04/25/19 11:47 AM Re: Precious Achiuwa [Re: madcapper]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Port Huron MI
I am almost 95% confident Dotson comes back.

I am fairly confident sds will win his appeal. More confident than not confident.

I think there is a chance grimes comes back. Not counting on it. But I think there is a chance.

#2040566 - 04/25/19 02:40 PM Re: Precious Achiuwa [Re: KU7679]
TheStarhawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Originally Posted By: KU7679
I'm still trying to digest "much more manlier". Reminded me of the SNL skit with Bill Murray, "Quien es mas macho".

To be blunt. American players are sort of soft. See Quentin Grimes. Never hustled back on defense. turned the ball over constantly. Devon constantly turned It over too, see the @ KSU game. Its never good to generalize but somebody coming from Nigeria or Angola, is going to be a bit toughened up by that is all I'm saying.

Edited by TheStarhawk (04/25/19 02:57 PM)

#2040568 - 04/25/19 03:11 PM Re: Precious Achiuwa [Re: TheStarhawk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Yep, Dotson and Grimes to be returning for next season IMO...

#2040569 - 04/25/19 03:12 PM Re: Precious Achiuwa [Re: TheStarhawk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: TheStarhawk
Originally Posted By: KU7679

To be blunt. American players are sort of soft. See Quentin Grimes. Never hustled back on defense. turned the ball over constantly. Devon constantly turned It over too, see the @ KSU game. Its never good to generalize but somebody coming from Nigeria or Angola, is going to be a bit toughened up by that is all I'm saying.
"by that" sounds more than general. Sounds kinda racist....

#2040572 - 04/25/19 05:10 PM Re: Precious Achiuwa [Re: PHOGUSHER]
moose1 Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Wichita
Originally Posted By: PHOGUSHER
FOR ONE LAST FRIGGING TIME..GRIMES AINT COMING BACK...PERIOD...

Why is that? What makes him a lock to not come back? I don't see what his plan is. It is to not get drafted, and be a free agent. Enabling him to work his way up the ranks in the G league, and once he has proven himself he is a free agent right away? I do not know if that is even possible. If Grimes leaves now he is relegating himself to a lifetime of playing ball in Europe, and there is nothing wrong with that. He will make some decent money doing that.

#2040573 - 04/25/19 06:30 PM Re: Precious Achiuwa [Re: TheStarhawk]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Just wait and see...if not drafted he will either play Euro ball or transfer. If you couldnt see by hiscbody language for most of the season it was obvious he didn't enjoy KU. Again he won't return...I am willing to bet 200 dollars that he wont....any takers.

#2040574 - 04/25/19 07:35 PM Re: Precious Achiuwa [Re: TheStarhawk]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I don't bet on college kids. You never know what they're going to do.

Back to Precious, aye. Do we get him or not?

#2040577 - 04/25/19 08:14 PM Re: Precious Achiuwa [Re: TheStarhawk]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

I do know Grimes aint coming back...50/50 on landing Precious...

#2040578 - 04/26/19 12:38 AM Re: Precious Achiuwa [Re: TheStarhawk]
TheStarhawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

We are going to land TJ Holyfield the SFA guy.

Not feeling great about Precious. could come here, 33/67

But RJ Hampton, I'm feeling great about.

#2040592 - 04/26/19 09:49 PM Re: Precious Achiuwa [Re: TheStarhawk]
Jaycat92 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Nebraska
Grimes won't come back. Gush nailed that. We don't need him either.

#2040593 - 04/26/19 09:52 PM Re: Precious Achiuwa [Re: TheStarhawk]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Thank you sir...glad I am not the only one that figured that out...

#2040599 - 04/28/19 09:38 PM Re: Precious Achiuwa [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Trance Land
Originally Posted By: PHOGUSHER
FOR ONE LAST FRIGGING TIME..GRIMES AINT COMING BACK...PERIOD..Dotson...Silvio sure...and I am telling you guys Braun will be better than expected...

The 2019 NBA Draft is Thursday, June 20 at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.

You can see our up-to-date list of college basketball players who have declared for the NBA Draft here.

The early entry eligibility deadline was April 21 at 11:59 p.m. ET and the early entrant withdrawal deadline is June 10 at 5 p.n. ET.

The NBA Draft Lottery is on May 14 in Chicago, where the NBA Draft Combine is being held from May 14-19.

Maggie Green

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Preview