Rate This Topic
#2040338 - 04/12/19 01:09 PM Dotson declares
zimsjim Offline
Junior Jayhawk

thoughts?

#2040339 - 04/12/19 02:16 PM Re: Dotson declares [Re: zimsjim]
KU7679 Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

I probably would if I were in his shoes. He was a much better college player than Grimes, so I can at least see that some teams might be tempted to draft him. But in the long run I think he will be back for at least one more season.

Unfortunately this causes uncertainty for us as far as who will be playing next year. Recruits can't know for sure whether KU needs a point guard or not. I suppose this is occurring in lots of schools right now, but that doesn't make a coach's job any easier.

#2040346 - 04/12/19 09:28 PM Re: Dotson declares [Re: KU7679]
Jaycat92 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Nebraska
Originally Posted By: KU7679
I probably would if I were in his shoes. He was a much better college player than Grimes, so I can at least see that some teams might be tempted to draft him. But in the long run I think he will be back for at least one more season.

Unfortunately this causes uncertainty for us as far as who will be playing next year. Recruits can't know for sure whether KU needs a point guard or not. I suppose this is occurring in lots of schools right now,[b] but that doesn't make a coach's job any easier.
[/b]

Then that coach should work harder to find better value in his talent he is recruiting. Lazy recruiting has led to us getting subpar players who claim to be 5star when they are 3 star mentality with 5star ability. Usually equals crap.

#2040348 - 04/12/19 10:31 PM Re: Dotson declares [Re: zimsjim]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Team bailing on Self like rats off a sinking ship...wtf after many good seasons that dumb Okie has ruined us...dum dum crimson crappy folk thinking him and Grimes are testing the NBA waters with no agent and will return...that is a big NO on that...they are getting out when thr getting is good. They know that the ax is falling on KUs head and want out. Self will bail next and take Dok with him to the Spurs...hilarious yet pathetic.

#2040355 - 04/12/19 11:42 PM Re: Dotson declares [Re: zimsjim]
Jaycat92 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Grimes, Lawson, and now Dotson........i just don't understand what is going on with players who are not even in the top 50!

Just sad. Something has happened. Either SElf is bailing as well, or the program is getting major sanctions imposed. Neither one of those are great things, and would almost rather have a different coach than have sanctions imposed on us.

#2040356 - 04/12/19 11:50 PM Re: Dotson declares [Re: zimsjim]
moose1 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Wichita
I get Lawson. The other two don’t make any sense. I bet they are back in the end.

#2040357 - 04/12/19 11:56 PM Re: Dotson declares [Re: zimsjim]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

New rules about draft. They can both come back even if they hired an agent. I dont expect Grimes will but Dotson might...but something is stinky in Ltown...bad times a coming...GO LES MILES....

#2040363 - 04/13/19 12:44 PM Re: Dotson declares [Re: zimsjim]
Jaycat92 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Grimes is not coming back no matter what I have a feeling. He just isn't into what and how things work in Jayhawk land. You could see this on his face during games and such.

Dotson might come back, but I think of all the players who have declared thus far from our roster, Dotson has a higher upside and is a playmaker.

#2040365 - 04/13/19 02:44 PM Re: Dotson declares [Re: zimsjim]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

I concur...

#2040367 - 04/13/19 04:49 PM Re: Dotson declares [Re: zimsjim]
Maximus Online   confused
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Trance Land
A point guard that average 3 assist per game who is under 6 feet tall is wasting his time. NBA feedback is stay 4 years and get a degree. Your rather a sure NBA talent by now or not.

Dotson has a good season with good recognition as a third-team all-Big 12 selection, but there are two better point guards in the Big 12 and three other all league players in other conference to consider in the NBA draft, not even talking about overseas.

Better question to talk about is Brennan Bechard Director of Basketball Operations 8th Kansas (2009) going to move on to a Div II assistant coach, head to high school, or wait and see if Jerrance Howard moves to a mid major team. Is Howard just a recruit and assistant coach or does he have HEAD Coach ability?

I say....no.

Is Brennan Bechard capable of being a future assistant coach for KU recruitment of elite players?

I say....no.

Tatiana Likhina

#2040372 - 04/13/19 07:05 PM Re: Dotson declares [Re: zimsjim]
Jaycat92 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Ol' Pot head Howard, no he is just an assistant coach in my eyes. I don't know if he really recruits that well. Hate to say this, but were a mess in all the wrong areas right now in my eyes.

#2040374 - 04/13/19 10:00 PM Re: Dotson declares [Re: zimsjim]
Maximus Online   confused
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Trance Land
Smoking Marijuana doesn't impress a Athletic Director.

Preview