Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2039928 - 03/24/19 11:12 PM Sweet 16 = All Nike brand schools but 2
rockchalkjjjhawk Offline
Seer

14 Nike/Jordan schools
2 Under Armour

Quite the monopoly on the big stage.

#2039932 - 03/25/19 03:02 AM Re: Sweet 16 = All Nike brand schools but 1 [Re: rockchalkjjjhawk]
SFBayhawk Offline
Max Falkenstien

Partially that reflect absolute numbers and the "family" atmosphere. No question that both are corruptions.

#2039935 - 03/25/19 09:06 AM Re: Sweet 16 = All Nike brand schools but 1 [Re: SFBayhawk]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Port Huron MI
Probably the most boring uneventful first weekend I can ever remember. Not one top 3 seed lost this weekend. Snooze.

#2039948 - 03/25/19 04:38 PM Re: Sweet 16 = All Nike brand schools but 1 [Re: rockchalkjjjhawk]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Flint Hills
We keep hearing Nike and associates are slated to have their turn in the frying pan. So far it's just been talk. But sheesh, if SFBayhawk can return with an appearance here after an eternity anything is possible!

#2039952 - 03/25/19 05:32 PM Re: Sweet 16 = All Nike brand schools but 1 [Re: MICHHAWK]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Originally Posted By: MICHHAWK
Probably the most boring uneventful first weekend I can ever remember. Not one top 3 seed lost this weekend. Snooze.

Thats what your wife does when you try to slip your 3 inches in for 12 seconds...ZZZZZZZZZZ

#2039957 - 03/25/19 05:39 PM Re: Sweet 16 = All Nike brand schools but 1 [Re: rockchalkjjjhawk]
Jaycat92 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Nebraska
This was the most lopsided bracketology ever. This was set up for an all ACC final with Duke and UNC.
Possibly an all ACC Final 4 even!

#2039958 - 03/25/19 05:46 PM Re: Sweet 16 = All Nike brand schools but 1 [Re: rockchalkjjjhawk]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Of course it was...lol...but have they ever played each other in the title game...I dont think so...

#2039959 - 03/25/19 06:05 PM Re: Sweet 16 = All Nike brand schools but 1 [Re: PHOGUSHER]
SFBayhawk Offline
Max Falkenstien

I do know this... I now have a paltry sum in the PNW attached to Michigan State & Izzo's success. Hopefully they don't censor Izzo for any tirade against nice young men like they did Mark Mangino. But no other place could have a corruption like Lew Perkins. LP's son-in-law is reassuringly still on the house salary.

My MSU girl just laughed when I asked about Izzo's tirade. It came in way under their corporate house physician.

Can that passive-aggresive Cansucker come back with his postulate why Cauley-Stein didn't play at KU. Someone has gotta explain to that guy concepts like free will and maybe the kid wanted to get outta town. Not everyone likes to in-breed like Cansuckme.

Title game? Tar Holes vs. Puke? Who's little Dukie Vitalee going to root for?

#2039960 - 03/25/19 06:10 PM Re: Sweet 16 = All Nike brand schools but 1 [Re: SFBayhawk]
SFBayhawk Offline
Max Falkenstien

Speaking of corruption: "Federal prosecutors in New York and California have charged celebrity attorney Michael Avenatti with extortion and bank and wire fraud.

In the New York case, Avenatti was charged with attempting to extort more than $20 million in payments from Nike by threatening to use his ability to garner publicity to inflict substantial financial and reputational harm on the company if his demands were not met.

How could you inflict financial or reputational harm on a shoe company? An empty threat.

#2039961 - 03/25/19 06:18 PM Re: Sweet 16 = All Nike brand schools but 1 [Re: SFBayhawk]
SFBayhawk Offline
Max Falkenstien

The Alabama AD cited ongoing federal and NCAA investigations to emphasize his desire to hire someone with a strong compliance record.

Byrne says: "We want to make sure we keep the University of Alabama's reputation at the forefront of what we do."

WHOA!!!! And with a picture of Steve Prom. More Hilton Magic?

#2039962 - 03/25/19 06:34 PM Re: Sweet 16 = All Nike brand schools but 1 [Re: rockchalkjjjhawk]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Dude I dont mind what you are trying to preach but you are already over the top and a bit whacky. In other words slow your roll..I realize you are a transplanted Kansan living in the biggest homeless west coast city...but frankly the participants around here dont care about all that..

#2039974 - 03/26/19 08:32 AM Re: Sweet 16 = All Nike brand schools but 1 [Re: PHOGUSHER]
SFBayhawk Offline
Max Falkenstien

Point taken. I always presume, even in the square states, that people can read complete paragraphs. Otherwise they are being patronized. Personally I just skip stuff if it's unrelenting. And then try to not slay a messenger.

Appyhawk has good substance and compressed style.

It's hard being the eldest.

#2039977 - 03/26/19 09:42 AM Re: Sweet 16 = All Nike brand schools but 1 [Re: SFBayhawk]
JimWest Online   happy
))<>((

Originally Posted By: SFBayhawk

How could you inflict financial or reputational harm on a shoe company? An empty threat.

Hold a press conference where he provides evidence that Nike was paying players in college, a la Adidas. FBI investigation follows. Stock price drops.

Very simple concept.

If you noticed, Nike has already suffered reputational harm in the last two months with one of their shoes blowing out on Zion's foot. Your premise that somehow shoe companies do not have reputations to maintain is ridiculous.

#2039978 - 03/26/19 09:45 AM Re: Sweet 16 = All Nike brand schools but 1 [Re: rockchalkjjjhawk]
JimWest Online   happy
))<>((

#2039979 - 03/26/19 09:48 AM Re: Sweet 16 = All Nike brand schools but 1 [Re: rockchalkjjjhawk]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

SFbayhawk and Jimbo...a match made in heaven..eerrr hell...whatever. Probably shared a room at the downtown SF YMCA..a cop..fireman..indian ...and sailor lived across the hallway ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Preview