Page 11 of 11 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2039404 - 03/13/19 04:49 PM Re: Dedric Lawson next Big 12 POY [Re: PHOGUSHER]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: reservation lake, mn
Originally Posted By: PHOGUSHER
At least I served...I know your superior cousin Geezer/Postelwait served...how about you...doubtful.

actually, right here for a year, May '68-69, something called TET happened. great fun, leaving.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptmCbIgzUVc

#2039408 - 03/13/19 04:57 PM Re: Dedric Lawson next Big 12 POY [Re: Maximus]
PHOGUSHER Online   content
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Agent Orange...ok that explains some things...sorry you had to go through that..ok were you the guy with the glasses and man boobs...lol

Edited by PHOGUSHER (03/13/19 04:59 PM)

#2039409 - 03/13/19 05:00 PM Re: Dedric Lawson next Big 12 POY [Re: PHOGUSHER]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Agent Orange...ok that explains some things...sorry you had to go through that..

one of those, glad i experienced but would not want to repeat deals. coming home to the streets of san francisco was more hateful than anything i experienced at long bien or saigon. i will never forget that.

#2039410 - 03/13/19 05:04 PM Re: Dedric Lawson next Big 12 POY [Re: Maximus]
Original AFH Gangsta

Did you hear the expression "baby killer" followed with spittle to the face. Kind of the way you are treated on the crimson. I always wondered why Geezer stood up for you...were you two in the same division..regiment..company...whatever.

Edited by PHOGUSHER (03/13/19 05:04 PM)

#2039435 - 03/13/19 10:48 PM Re: Dedric Lawson next Big 12 POY [Re: PHOGUSHER]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Did you hear the expression "baby killer" followed with spittle to the face. Kind of the way you are treated on the crimson. I always wondered why Geezer stood up for you...were you two in the same division..regiment..company...whatever.

"how dare you wear that uniform in this city, you sons of ................." and on and on and on. there's more to the story but in the end, i also vividly remember flying home on ozark to sioux city the next day. my young wife was waiting there in a yellow dress. she made me forget the streetside flower girl and all those 'nam days in one big hurry.

#2039440 - 03/14/19 10:11 AM Re: Dedric Lawson next Big 12 POY [Re: Maximus]
Original AFH Gangsta

Is that her...or Geezer in drag???...Just kidding and I thank you for your service. You were dodging bullets in a thankless war.....when people thank me for my service I tell them to save such thanks for those that were in harms way. I punched holes in the ocean on a boat meant to sink. Only danger I faced was if somebody forgot to close the screen door..

#2039445 - 03/14/19 11:01 AM Re: Dedric Lawson next Big 12 POY [Re: PHOGUSHER]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

#2039525 - 03/15/19 09:07 PM Re: Dedric Lawson next Big 12 POY [Re: tmcats]
KYBLUEBLOOD Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: tmcats
At least I served...I know your superior cousin Geezer/Postelwait served...how about you...doubtful.

actually, right here for a year, May '68-69, something called TET happened. great fun, leaving.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptmCbIgzUVc

I thank you as well for your service.i have a friend who lost his dad in Vietnam. Afterwards they moved to Lawton, Ok. I’ve lost some friends over the years who served. You membdid your job the best you could.
I believe Geezer was there during TET. He mentioned it to me.

#2039546 - 03/16/19 08:54 AM Re: Dedric Lawson next Big 12 POY [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Trance Land
Originally Posted By: Maximus
Originally Posted By: Maximus
Good article on press on.

Jarrett Culver (Texas Tech) is underrated by coaches and media.

Bill Self thinks it not about stats of the player but if you win the game. I think stats should be considered 1st with Lawson losing out this year.

Sports Illustrated All-American Team
Dedric Lawson, Kansas: Many things haven't gone right for the Jayhawks this season, but one that has is Lawson. The former Memphis transfer is averaging a double double at 19.1 points and 10.6 rebounds and has been a steadying presence for Kansas in the paint.

Sporting News
Dedric Lawson, PF, Kansas, Jr.

Key stats: 19.1 ppg, 10.6 rpg, 49.1 pct FG
Defining game: 29 points, 15 rebounds and 13-of-17 shooting in 80-76 win at Iowa State

Overview: Lawson might have had an even more spectacular season had he not been forced to play nearly the entire year out of position because of the injury that took center Udoka Azubuike out for the year. Lawson had to play in his place, invariably defending bigger players and absorbing the physical punishment that went along with that. But even with that inconvenience, so to speak, he continued to excel and keep Kansas in the race for still another Big 12 championship. The Jayhawks didn’t get it, but the player who closed the regular season with 19 consecutive double-figure scoring games wasn’t to blame.

Bleacher Report

Dedric Lawson, Kansas
19.1 PPG, 10.6 RPG, 1.8 APG, 1.2 SPG, 1.1 BPG, 36.0% 3PT

Dedric Lawson is just about the only Jayhawk who both lived up to the hype and didn't have an extended absence from the team due to injury or personal reasons. Quentin Grimes and Charlie Moore were nowhere close to what we were expecting, and Udoka Azubuike, Lagerald Vick and Marcus Garrett each missed at least six games. But that one constant force of a stretch 5 was enough for Kansas to win 23 games and darn near extend The Streak to 15 years. It was a down year for Kansas, but it could have been an unmitigated disaster if not for Lawson.

The Associated Press, The United States Basketball Writers Association (USBWA), and The National Association of Basketball Coaches (NABC), have not come out with their awards.

Rosie Jones

#2039569 - 03/16/19 05:09 PM Re: Dedric Lawson next Big 12 POY [Re: Maximus]
Jaycat92 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Nebraska
If as a fanbase we have to find reasons to tout one of our players for POY, then his play on the court isn't good enough.

#2040580 - 04/26/19 08:38 AM Re: Dedric Lawson next Big 12 POY [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Trance Land
Dedric Lawson pre-draft ranking at #14 with Dean Wade #20.

http://www.espn.com/nba/draft/bestavailable/_/position/pf

Kansas
Declared for draft: Dedric Lawson,

Returning to school: Udoka Azubuike, Quentin Grimes, Devon Dotson, Silvio de Sousa

#2040582 - 04/26/19 09:39 AM Re: Dedric Lawson next Big 12 POY [Re: Maximus]
Original AFH Gangsta

Only if that was accurate...

#2040583 - 04/26/19 10:45 AM Re: Dedric Lawson next Big 12 POY [Re: PHOGUSHER]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

i find this list very hard to believe.

#2040584 - 04/26/19 01:16 PM Re: Dedric Lawson next Big 12 POY [Re: Maximus]
madcapper Online   content
Big Dipper

Loc: Ozarks
Then don't believe it, who cares what you think.

#2040589 - 04/26/19 06:27 PM Re: Dedric Lawson next Big 12 POY [Re: Maximus]
Original AFH Gangsta

Nobody but Timmay and his version of Doctor K...please finish him Dr. K....

Page 11 of 11 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11

Preview