Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2039343 - 03/12/19 06:03 PM Beaty sueing Kansas
INation Offline
Thunderhawk

LMFAO, Claims he was fired without cause. Does he not think his record was cause enough. #NeatDeal

#2039347 - 03/12/19 07:51 PM Re: Beaty sueing Kansas [Re: INation]
DrGreydog Offline
Phog Fanatic

Loc: Topeka
KU's statement says Beatty violated NCAA rules (a contract violation) . He, Beatty refused to cooperate in investigation so KU is withholding his payment.

NCAA is investigating....just what this program needed. NCAA penalties in Coach Miles first year.

#2039350 - 03/12/19 09:05 PM Re: Beaty sueing Kansas [Re: INation]
appyhawk Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Flint Hills
Bad move by Beatty. Not only will he lose in court, how in hell could he expect to ever find employment as a coach at another school?
I think he is just insuring a lifetime of unemployment.

#2039356 - 03/12/19 10:45 PM Re: Beaty sueing Kansas [Re: INation]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
His latest moves remind me of his on field moves. Career killing move for Betty.

#2039357 - 03/12/19 11:30 PM Re: Beaty sueing Kansas [Re: INation]
appyhawk Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Flint Hills
This is a 4th and whatever fake punt call deep in his own territory that he's trying to blame someone else for. But someone else has a well coached team lawyers.
Stupido.
KU ought to counter sue and force him to pay their legal fees. It's a play called 'the counter option'.

#2039364 - 03/13/19 08:56 AM Re: Beaty sueing Kansas [Re: INation]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

For the first time in his life, Beaty is in the right here. They only found "cause" after they decided to fire him. Cause cannot be applied retroactively.

This is bad form by KU and they should pay him what he is owed. The villain here is BGL who gave him the ridiculous contract.

#2039368 - 03/13/19 09:24 AM Re: Beaty sueing Kansas [Re: JimWest]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: reservation lake, mn
Ku athletics must have run out of cash to pull this kind of a shiz on Homer.

#2039370 - 03/13/19 10:14 AM Re: Beaty sueing Kansas [Re: JimWest]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
Originally Posted By: JimWest
For the first time in his life, Beaty is in the right here. They only found "cause" after they decided to fire him. Cause cannot be applied retroactively.

This is bad form by KU and they should pay him what he is owed. The villain here is BGL who gave him the ridiculous contract.

I tend to agree about the retroactive "cause" being applied. On the surface that sounds bad, however we don't actually know how the contract is worded, so one could assume that the lawyers feel they have the grounds to put the funds in the escrow account and let the investigation run it's course. If the NCAA or Big XII does settle on any sanctions against grid program due to this investigation....Beaty shouldn't get a nickel!

In any event, Beaty cost KU Football far more than $3 million in lost ticket revenue and WEF funds during his absolutely miserable tenure as Head Coach. perhaps lawsuits against BGL and Zenger for malfeasance should be considered? smirk

#2039379 - 03/13/19 01:16 PM Re: Beaty sueing Kansas [Re: INation]
used_cars Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Loc: Dallas, TX
Give the guy his money. It is KU that looks bad here. Its hard enough to lure football talent to KU. Don't hold back contractual payments. More people want to hire Beatty than want to coach KU. Our basketball team is under more scrutiny than football but Self's checks are still clearing the bank

#2039385 - 03/13/19 02:49 PM Re: Beaty sueing Kansas [Re: INation]
DrGreydog Offline
Phog Fanatic

Loc: Topeka
I am having trouble understanding why KU should Beatty 3 million dollars if he in deed violated NCAA rules.

I can't say for sure, but I would strongly suspect there is a clause in his contract that says he will cooperate with any investigation of the program.

Non cooperation is/should be grounds for with holding the money.

#2039386 - 03/13/19 03:11 PM Re: Beaty sueing Kansas [Re: INation]
used_cars Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

I'm with you in principle but when is the NCAA not investigating? What is the charge against Beatty?

#2039387 - 03/13/19 03:14 PM Re: Beaty sueing Kansas [Re: INation]
used_cars Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

pay the man

#2039392 - 03/13/19 03:43 PM Re: Beaty sueing Kansas [Re: INation]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Yes...pay him..they paid Derp...they paid fat boy Weiss...now pay the local guy...only right thing to do.

#2039394 - 03/13/19 03:47 PM Re: Beaty sueing Kansas [Re: INation]
used_cars Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

The only guy fired for just cause was the best coach we ever had. Sucks to be us.

#2039402 - 03/13/19 04:48 PM Re: Beaty sueing Kansas [Re: PHOGUSHER]
track Offline
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas
Originally Posted By: PHOGUSHER
Yes...pay him..they paid Derp...they paid fat boy Weiss...now pay the local guy...only right thing to do.

We will soon be investigated by the NCAA regarding our b-ball ....doubt they will withhold any money during the investigation from b-ball coaches. Pay the man and move the hell on. Beaty should be in our past not part of the present and future.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Preview