Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2039354 - 03/12/19 09:59 PM Now an NCAA Investigation of Football?
Yardbirdbob Offline
Big Dipper

Seems to me like the AD would be wise to pay Beaty out and get this deal behind.

#2039355 - 03/12/19 10:36 PM Re: Now an NCAA Investigation of Football? [Re: Yardbirdbob]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
AD should be prudent at this point as Beatty is being as well. Nothing about the former coach surprises me. He is a lowlife that gets as much respect as he has earned. Earned it.

#2039434 - 03/13/19 10:09 PM Re: Now an NCAA Investigation of Football? [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Yardbirdbob Offline
Big Dipper

Fine, but I do not see how joint NCAA investigations of both basketball and football help anything right now. . .

#2039443 - 03/14/19 10:26 AM Re: Now an NCAA Investigation of Football? [Re: Yardbirdbob]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: Yardbirdbob
Fine, but I do not see how joint NCAA investigations of both basketball and football help anything right now. . .
So IYO you think that...is basketball actually being investigated or is it a potential, as always for any blue blood program??

#2039453 - 03/14/19 12:31 PM Re: Now an NCAA Investigation of Football? [Re: Yardbirdbob]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Seems to me like the AD would be wise to pay Beaty out and get this deal behind.
I agree, but that ship has sailed and the NCAA is now involved in this thing. Get ready for a ride on the BS train that is NCAA investigations even if it ends in no actions it'll take them 3 years and about a million tons of BS to get there!

#2039454 - 03/14/19 12:37 PM Re: Now an NCAA Investigation of Football? [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
So IYO you think that...is basketball actually being investigated or is it a potential, as always for any blue blood program??
I think their actions in regard to De Sousa reveals a lot. It looks like they're chomping at the bit to go full throttle on investigating KU and all the other schools mentioned in the Adidas court case with a heavy predisposed lean on finding them all "guilty" of something. I have a feeling this thing is going to get ugly.

The way they punitively went after De Sousa just doesn't bode well for things to go another way IMO.

#2039455 - 03/14/19 12:59 PM Re: Now an NCAA Investigation of Football? [Re: Kman_blue]
track Offline
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas
Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
I think their actions in regard to De Sousa reveals a lot. It looks like they're chomping at the bit to go full throttle on investigating KU and all the other schools mentioned in the Adidas court case with a heavy predisposed lean on finding them all "guilty" of something. I have a feeling this thing is going to get ugly.

The way they punitively went after De Sousa just doesn't bode well for things to go another way IMO.

Agreed....once the feds give them the ok the ncaa is going to wreak havoc.

Edited by track (03/14/19 01:01 PM)

#2039456 - 03/14/19 01:13 PM Re: Now an NCAA Investigation of Football? [Re: Kman_blue]
Yardbirdbob Offline
Big Dipper

This is exactly what I am saying. Once the camel has its snoot inside the tent, it will be hard to keep it out of the basketball program. You know the camel has smelled the sweet, sweet water that is KU Basketball. This does not end well, I'm afraid.

#2039458 - 03/14/19 01:56 PM Re: Now an NCAA Investigation of Football? [Re: Kman_blue]
PbBut Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: 66227
Truth. Just look at the how they've imposed their sanctions. The guys who were actually convicted in criminal court get six months and nine months while the kid from Africa gets two years. They have their hammer out to show the world NCAA is more than just the title of a basketball tournament. Their last gasp at relevancy.

#2039465 - 03/14/19 06:24 PM Re: Now an NCAA Investigation of Football? [Re: Yardbirdbob]
moose1 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Wichita
How in the hell was Beaty cheating? If he was he was just as bad as that as coaching. It would have to revolve around Pooka or Corione I would think. They are the only high profile recruits. Unless they did something to help a Wise stay eligible for instance.

Overall I do not think anything will come of either investigation. Although the damage could be happening in the mean time to recruiting in both basketball and football.

#2039468 - 03/14/19 07:50 PM Re: Now an NCAA Investigation of Football? [Re: moose1]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: moose1
How in the hell was Beaty cheating? If he was he was just as bad as that as coaching. It would have to revolve around Pooka or Corione I would think. They are the only high profile recruits. Unless they did something to help a Wise stay eligible for instance.

Overall I do not think anything will come of either investigation. Although the damage could be happening in the mean time to recruiting in both basketball and football.
I agree.

#2039487 - 03/15/19 12:06 AM Re: Now an NCAA Investigation of Football? [Re: moose1]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

LOL about the cheating part!

I was told the potential violations don't have to do with recruiting specific recruits. Wasn't told exactly what they were though.

#2039488 - 03/15/19 12:16 AM Re: Now an NCAA Investigation of Football? [Re: PbBut]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: PbBut
Truth. Just look at the how they've imposed their sanctions. The guys who were actually convicted in criminal court get six months and nine months while the kid from Africa gets two years. They have their hammer out to show the world NCAA is more than just the title of a basketball tournament. Their last gasp at relevancy.
Yeah, this really pisses me off. De Sousa from all accounts had ZERO to do with what happened and in fact had no idea it was going on behind his back. Yet, they destroy the kid's collegiate basketball career and probably do great damage to any pro career he may have. The guilty adults involved will potentially suffer much less than the innocent De Sousa will.

The NCAA decision on De Sousa was a very unjust vengeful decision IMO. A big F U to the kid and KU.

#2039507 - 03/15/19 01:39 PM Re: Now an NCAA Investigation of Football? [Re: Kman_blue]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
LOL about the cheating part!

I was told the potential violations don't have to do with recruiting specific recruits. Wasn't told exactly what they were though.
Scuttlebutt I'm now hearing is it has to do with non-coach football staff performing some coaching duties. That doesn't quite seem like enough to add up to all of this action though IMHO.

The more I hear, the more I think this is an attempt to get some kind of quick settlement for some amount less than the full $3 million owed rather than wait months and months for possibly the full $3mil or a reduced amount from the alleged "violations".

#2039509 - 03/15/19 04:04 PM Re: Now an NCAA Investigation of Football? [Re: Kman_blue]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
If your scuttlebutt is correct, it does sound like a chicken$hit method of avoiding payment due Beaty!

The only other thing that might effect this is that KU might be trying to be EXTRA diligent in working with the NCAA in light of the Adidas/DeSousa stuff and trying to stay in the NCAA's "good graces", not that we have ever occupied such a lofty place as compared to the ACC schools.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Preview