Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2039327 - 03/12/19 11:31 AM If you got to choose...
TheStarhawk Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Loc: Florida
out of all teams we can potentially play in the tournament, which teams would you want to take to be the seeds, 1,2,3,4.

If we win the Big 12 tournament.
1. Virginia
2. LSU
3. Us
4. Florida St.

If we don't win the big 12 tournament
1. Virginia
2. LSU
3. Purdue/ Houston
4. Us

something like that for me I would be thrilled. which teams do you want to see on our side of the bracket. which teams do you not want to see.

Teams I do not want to see
Duke with Zion
Michigan
Gonzaga
Tennessee

#2039330 - 03/12/19 12:06 PM Re: If you got to choose... [Re: TheStarhawk]
PHOGUSHER Online   content
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Heck I would take on every team but Gonzaga and maybe Duke with Zion. Actually I will be happy with a S16 appearance..not a victory just an appearance.

#2039334 - 03/12/19 12:38 PM Re: If you got to choose... [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Originally Posted By: PHOGUSHER
Heck I would take on every team but Gonzaga and maybe Duke with Zion. Actually I will be happy with a S16 appearance..not a victory just an appearance.

Agreed. That would set us up looking good for next year (if the right guys are back for next year) and would keep our AP Poll streak going for a while longer. Knowing our history, we'll probably get the worst draws possible.

#2039348 - 03/12/19 08:09 PM Re: If you got to choose... [Re: TheStarhawk]
Original AFH Gangsta

Finally the ancient sees the light...the mighty Gusher speaks the truth....

#2039372 - 03/13/19 10:40 AM Re: If you got to choose... [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Jman1 Offline
Max Falkenstien

out of all teams we can potentially play in the tournament, which teams would you want to take to be the seeds, 1,2,3,4.

1. Virginia
2. LSU
3. Us
4. Florida St.

1. Virginia
2. LSU
3. Purdue/ Houston
4. Us

something like that for me I would be thrilled. which teams do you want to see on our side of the bracket. which teams do you not want to see.

Duke with Zion
Northeastern
Saint Mary's
Northern Kentucky

FYP

#2039399 - 03/13/19 04:29 PM Re: If you got to choose... [Re: TheStarhawk]
Jaycat92 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Nebraska
Well more than likely we will get in the same region as either UNC or Sparty or all of us in one region.

#2039413 - 03/13/19 05:34 PM Re: If you got to choose... [Re: Jman1]
58hawk Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
Originally Posted By: Jman1

1. Virginia
2. LSU
3. Us
4. Florida St.

1. Virginia
2. LSU
3. Purdue/ Houston
4. Us

Duke with Zion
Northeastern
Saint Mary's
Northern Kentucky

FYP
wonder if they will put No. Kentucky in the same bracket as UK like they did with us and Wichita St.

#2039419 - 03/13/19 06:25 PM Re: If you got to choose... [Re: TheStarhawk]
Original AFH Gangsta

WSU wont make the tournament..

#2039420 - 03/13/19 06:26 PM Re: If you got to choose... [Re: TheStarhawk]
Original AFH Gangsta

Oh ya meant No. Kentucky and Kentucky..

#2039426 - 03/13/19 07:51 PM Re: If you got to choose... [Re: TheStarhawk]
Maximus Online   confused
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Trance Land
Desired Bracket for KU
1. Houston
2. North Carolina
3. LSU
4. Kansas

KU played most of the top 25 teams, so they will be scheduled in another region with KU getting Wofford, Buffalo, Auburn, Nevada and Florida State match-ups.

Kansas vs UNC for the Final 4.

Texas 4 Ever

#2039428 - 03/13/19 08:39 PM Re: If you got to choose... [Re: TheStarhawk]
Original AFH Gangsta

I would take that in a heartbeat....but KU wont make any E8..

#2039529 - 03/15/19 09:20 PM Re: If you got to choose... [Re: TheStarhawk]
INation Offline
Thunderhawk

If KU loses to WVU they could get a 5 seed. Beat WVU and they are a solid 4. Win the tournament and a Low 3 is possible.

#2039533 - 03/15/19 09:37 PM Re: If you got to choose... [Re: TheStarhawk]
Original AFH Gangsta

We will never be a 5 seed goofy...dayummm u dum.

#2039538 - 03/15/19 10:13 PM Re: If you got to choose... [Re: PHOGUSHER]
INation Offline
Thunderhawk

They a 4 now, a loss to the last place team in the league would drop us Koolaid man. Luckily for you they are well in control of the game.

#2039542 - 03/15/19 11:24 PM Re: If you got to choose... [Re: TheStarhawk]
Original AFH Gangsta

I guess we will never know now...do you think Texas Tech drops a seed because they lost to WVU last night....I dont...

#2039545 - 03/16/19 12:41 AM Re: If you got to choose... [Re: INation]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Originally Posted By: INation

They a 4 now, a loss to the last place team in the league would drop us Koolaid man. Luckily for you they are well in control of the game.

No one is anything right now. The bracket has not been made.

#2039547 - 03/16/19 08:55 AM Re: If you got to choose... [Re: JimWest]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Originally Posted By: JimWest

Actually the bracket has been made. The committee has done the bulk of their work. They are just waiting to see how the conference tournaments play out so they can make it public. They've even set up several scenarios depending on how this weekend plays out. All they have to do at this point is tweak it before making it public. It's pretty well set as to what will happen to us and the other 67 teams.

#2039550 - 03/16/19 10:03 AM Re: If you got to choose... [Re: TheStarhawk]
Wilt Chamberlain

KU is a lock for a 4th seed and playing for a #3 seed. Difference is the #1 seed being played again in the Regional semi or finals.

Olivia Giannulli

#2039630 - 03/17/19 05:07 PM Re: If you got to choose... [Re: TheStarhawk]
Wilt Chamberlain

NCAA Tournament Bracket Projections: Kansas Jayhawks

With the loss to Iowa State in the Big 12 Tournament title game coupled with a third-place finish in the Big 12, Kansas appears to be headed for something that we haven’t seen since 2009 - a seed that isn’t a 1 or a 2.

A quick look around the internets should give us some idea of where the Jayhawks might be headed.

Bracket Matrix has Kansas as the highest 4-seed, alongside Purdue, Wisconsin, and K-State. KU’s average seed is 3.45, behind the projected 3-seeds of Houston (2.85), LSU (3.18), Florida State (3.30), and Texas Tech (3.30).

Let’s take a quick look at some of the more popular bracketologists and drill down into possible destinations.

ESPN’s Joe Lunardi has Kansas as a 4-seed in the East Region, taking on (13) Northeastern in Salt Lake City. The winner would get the winner of (5) Auburn - (12) Saint Mary’s. The 1-seed is Duke, with (2) Michigan and (3) LSU rounding out the higher seeds.

CBSSports’ Jerry Palm has Kansas as a 4-seed in the South Region, taking on (13) Northeastern in San Jose. The winner would get either (5) Cincinnati or (12) UC Irvine. The 1-seed is Virginia, with (2) Tennessee and (2) Houston the other higher seeds.

NBCSports’ Dave Ommen has Kansas with a 4-seed in the Midwest Region, taking on (13) Old Dominion. The winner gets either (5) Marquette or (12) Saint Mary’s. The 1-seed is North Carolina, with (2) Michigan State and (3) Houston rounding it out. If this went chalk, you would have KU playing UNC in Kansas City in the Sweet 16.

SBNation’s Bill Riccette has Kansas with the 3-seed in the East Region, taking on (14) Harvard. The winner gets (6) Virginia Tech or (11) Temple. The 2-seed is Kentucky, with (1) Duke and (4) Wisconsin rounding out the highest seeds.

USA Today has Kansas as a 4-seed in the Midwest Region, facing off against (13) Saint Louis. The winner gets (5) Mississippi State or (12) New Mexico State. The 1-seed is North Carolina, while (2) Michigan and (3) Houston round out the higher seeds. Like NBC’s projection, a chalk bracket would pit KU-UNC in Kansas City.

Going back to Bracket Matrix, the Big 12 is projected to get 7 teams in, with Texas being in the “Next Four Out.” Texas Tech is projected to get the last 3-seed, with Kansas and K-State both on the 4-seed line. Iowa State (6), Baylor (10), Oklahoma (10), and TCU (11) round out the field for the Big 12.

Laci Kay Somers

#2039637 - 03/17/19 07:15 PM Re: If you got to choose... [Re: TheStarhawk]
Wilt Chamberlain

Kansas State is getting beat in the 2nd round. Meet Ethan Happ who has similar game as Lawson. Ethan Happ vs Dean Wade.....

Wade better stay away from the basket.

#2039640 - 03/17/19 07:28 PM Re: If you got to choose... [Re: Maximus]
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: Maximus
Desired Bracket for KU
1. Houston
2. North Carolina
3. LSU
4. Kansas

KU played most of the top 25 teams, so they will be scheduled in another region with KU getting
Kansas vs UNC for the Final 4.

Texas 4 Ever

Happy that Houston, North Carolina, Auburn, Wofford remained and get a beatable Kentucky team.

If KU would have won the Big 12 Tourneyment, then Florida State might have been in the region as they also got a #4 seed..

Vick is done

“(His) attitude is good,” Self continued. “(He’s) certainly taking care of business. I think he’s handling everything very well, to be quite candid, without going into any detail, which I won’t. But certainly there’s not any negatives with how he’s handling anything at all.”

Room service.....

#2039644 - 03/17/19 08:18 PM Re: If you got to choose... [Re: Jayhawk1952]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Originally Posted By: Jayhawk1952

Actually the bracket has been made.

Totally and completely false. Go back into your sod house and cry about your pathetic existence.

#2039647 - 03/17/19 09:31 PM Re: If you got to choose... [Re: TheStarhawk]
Original AFH Gangsta

52 be dumm slickest dey is....your smart but yet a gay hater....why is dat yo....

#2039648 - 03/17/19 09:33 PM Re: If you got to choose... [Re: TheStarhawk]
Original AFH Gangsta

Sod house...lol....probably better than a 6k a month cracker box in San Fran....

#2039649 - 03/17/19 09:38 PM Re: If you got to choose... [Re: TheStarhawk]
Original AFH Gangsta

Pdub still a limp wristed Nancy girl on the crimson crappy. Says Pearl will take us to the woodshed...hell they are going to lose to NMSt..we will trash Northeastern...they played nobody....KU-UNC in KC...mark the Gushers words....

#2039650 - 03/17/19 10:53 PM Re: If you got to choose... [Re: JimWest]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Max Falkenstien

No one is anything right now. The bracket has not been made.]

[/quote=Jayhawk1952] Actually the bracket has been made.

Totally and completely false. Go back into your sod house and cry about your pathetic existence.

Guess you didn't have the guts to quote my complete statement. If you think that the committee sat around all week and didn't set up a basic bracket with several various tweaks prepared for Sunday, then you are all wet. Certainly some automatic bids were unknown until today and other tourney results would have some effect on the final bracket. Thus the need of various scenarios. But the basic work had already been done.

Edited by Jayhawk1952 (03/17/19 10:55 PM)

#2039651 - 03/17/19 11:25 PM Re: If you got to choose... [Re: Jayhawk1952]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Guess you didn't have the guts to quote my complete statement. If you think that the committee sat around all week and didn't set up a basic bracket with several various tweaks prepared for Sunday, then you are all wet. Certainly some automatic bids were unknown until today and other tourney results would have some effect on the final bracket. Thus the need of various scenarios. But the basic work had already been done.

Ok, Mr. Backtrack, now you are claiming they only had a "draft" in place? Of course they did. Every idiot on the planet already had a draft bracket.

What a stupid position to take.

#2039700 - 03/20/19 09:28 AM Re: If you got to choose... [Re: TheStarhawk]
Wilt Chamberlain

Kansas to lose in the sweet 16 to North Carolina lead by Coby White and Cameron Johnson. Grimes goes head to head with Coby White.

Simone Holtznagel

#2039701 - 03/20/19 09:47 AM Re: If you got to choose... [Re: TheStarhawk]
Original AFH Gangsta

Bill will never lose to Roi. Besides Auburn is taking us down in the 32 round...

#2039704 - 03/20/19 01:26 PM Re: If you got to choose... [Re: PHOGUSHER]
KYBLUEBLOOD Online   confused
Wilt Chamberlain

Lucky in 2012 you got UNC minus their AA starting point guard who broke his hand in the ACC tournament. That was a very good UNC team, we only beat them by 1 at home. They were our biggest competition for the championship until the injury.

#2039705 - 03/20/19 01:36 PM Re: If you got to choose... [Re: TheStarhawk]
Original AFH Gangsta

Oh brother...if EJ or was it Tyshawn 3 would have counted the end of the title game we would have won it...and the ball game right back to him...no double dribble..no travel...again ya dodged the bullet..

#2039706 - 03/20/19 01:41 PM Re: If you got to choose... [Re: TheStarhawk]
Original AFH Gangsta

That play would have cut it to 65-62 and your boys would have tightened up big time...

#2039707 - 03/20/19 02:00 PM Re: If you got to choose... [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Wilt Chamberlain

We had the brow. Was going to block anything. Cal took his foot off the gas because it should have been a blow out like the 1st half. Vegas line was UK -7. Won by 8. Kansas fought like hell, I’ll give them that. No quit in those guys. I hope this bunch Self has this year has that same attitude through the tournament unless we play. Which is a big if. PJ Washington in a walking boot since Sunday. His dad’s talking some now, a bad sign that his handlers may do like Vanderbilt did us last year. Able to play but not risking lotto spot.

#2039708 - 03/20/19 02:24 PM Re: If you got to choose... [Re: TheStarhawk]
KUCO_VOC Online   happy
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Filled out my bracket yesterday. Have KU getting to the final eight before losing...Virgin ia to win it all !!

#2039711 - 03/20/19 04:50 PM Re: If you got to choose... [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
Original AFH Gangsta

Originally Posted By: KYBLUEBLOOD
We had the brow. Was going to block anything. Cal took his foot off the gas because it should have been a blow out like the 1st half. Vegas line was UK -7. Won by 8. Kansas fought like hell, I’ll give them that. No quit in those guys. I hope this bunch Self has this year has that same attitude through the tournament unless we play. Which is a big if. PJ Washington in a walking boot since Sunday. His dad’s talking some now, a bad sign that his handlers may do like Vanderbilt did us last year. Able to play but not risking lotto spot.

You are goofy...again WE DONT CARE ABOUT KENSUCKY INBREDS HERE....GO AWAY

#2039712 - 03/20/19 05:10 PM Re: If you got to choose... [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
Filled out my bracket yesterday. Have KU getting to the final eight before losing...Virgin ia to win it all !!

You got who beating KU in the EE? Also that would be a good year all things considered. Someone pulled strings to get Kansas in KC. We’re a 2 and wanted Louisville region.

#2039713 - 03/20/19 07:41 PM Re: If you got to choose... [Re: TheStarhawk]
Original AFH Gangsta

Kensuck going out in the 2nd round like when they were a 1 seed in 2004....lost to UAB Birmingham...KU beat that UAB B team by about 30 in the S16....

#2039714 - 03/20/19 08:51 PM Re: If you got to choose... [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Wilt Chamberlain

Tubby Smith isn’t Coach now. Do have to worry about PJ Washington playing effectively.

Rumors have started like they do every Match to try to disrupt our team. Rumors of Calipari to UCLA. I don’t see a reason he’d make that move. This isn’t 1966. UCLA would be a step down. Nicer area, higher taxes, great weather etc. Gottlieb Show was saying offered 10 mil up front. I think he makes 9.2 million next year. Surely he doesn’t need more. Besides 9.2 in Kentucky is like about 25 mil in LA. Cal did donate 1 million to charity off his Facebook docuseries. He has one daughter in Boston and one in Nashville with her own lab at VANDERBILT. All that travel time. He has a beach home in Florida, a Private Jet he can use anytime.
Self may want the job....if Cal was to say “no”
Self and Bennett are on the list. They wantba HR hire.

#2039715 - 03/20/19 09:18 PM Re: If you got to choose... [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
Wilt Chamberlain

Kansas can afford it. Bill Self has the Gatto-Gassnola-FBI headache but he’s going to want a big raise Come contract time. He’s a HOF Coach and is down the list a little. No reason Calipari should be making double his cash.

He will ask for and get the raise or he may entertain the NBA offers. A few good years there put him 10 mil + a season.

GoFundMe for Bill Self

#2039716 - 03/20/19 10:32 PM Re: If you got to choose... [Re: TheStarhawk]
Original AFH Gangsta

There is something really wrong with you. Please seek help...you are getting worse with your rantings..Self and KU fans dont give a shiiiit about Calismelly and your worthless comparisons...so quit trying...damnnnn

#2039717 - 03/20/19 11:23 PM Re: If you got to choose... [Re: JimWest]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Ok, Mr. Backtrack, now you are claiming they only had a "draft" in place? Of course they did. Every idiot on the planet already had a draft bracket.

No back tracking. I made myself quite clear in my original statement, you just can't read. "Every idiot on the planet already had a draft bracket," but their "draft" brackets counted for nothing. What the committee had set up was the real deal and they only tweaked it on Sunday to fit in the final automatics and make adjustments as a result of that and any other game that might have had big implications. To make it a bit simpler for you, the committee's number 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. seeds were already pretty much set. What everyone else was saying were only "educated" guesses. I assume that "Every idiot on the planet" that you refer too, certainly must include you.

#2039720 - 03/21/19 07:55 AM Re: If you got to choose... [Re: Jayhawk1952]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

No back tracking. I made myself quite clear in my original statement, you just can't read. "Every idiot on the planet already had a draft bracket," but their "draft" brackets counted for nothing. What the committee had set up was the real deal and they only tweaked it on Sunday to fit in the final automatics and make adjustments as a result of that and any other game that might have had big implications. To make it a bit simpler for you, the committee's number 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. seeds were already pretty much set. What everyone else was saying were only "educated" guesses. I assume that "Every idiot on the planet" that you refer too, certainly must include you.

You have no idea what you are talking about. More BS from farmland.

#2039723 - 03/21/19 09:23 AM Re: If you got to choose... [Re: TheStarhawk]
Original AFH Gangsta

Hey 52 might know your uncle that plowed your back 40 on the back 40. Oh the irony...toodles.

#2039724 - 03/21/19 09:40 AM Re: If you got to choose... [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Wilt Chamberlain

If you are betting, lines dropping PJ Washington out today and likely the weekend. Bracket will open up for KU.
I’m betting he is Jared Vanderbilt part 2 or Embiid from Kansas. Handlers shut them down for the draft. That’s the trouble with these spoiled 5 star pusses.

Washington in a hard cast. If it’s not too late to fix any brackets. 🐔 sucker is finished I bet.

Edited by KYBLUEBLOOD (03/21/19 10:57 AM)

#2039731 - 03/21/19 12:21 PM Re: If you got to choose... [Re: TheStarhawk]
Original AFH Gangsta

I am pretty sure they didnt put a hard cast on him for no reason...if a 2 cant beat a 15 even down a guy then they werent going to do anything anyway...so lighten up Francis...

Edited by PHOGUSHER (03/21/19 12:21 PM)

#2039738 - 03/21/19 02:22 PM Re: If you got to choose... [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Wilt Chamberlain

Not saying that for today’s game. Might not win the next though. Seton Hall beat us once. Get past that we are toast.

#2039748 - 03/21/19 06:21 PM Re: If you got to choose... [Re: TheStarhawk]
Original AFH Gangsta

Yes...but its nbd right...lol...JAYHAWKS ROLLED BEEEATCH

#2039750 - 03/21/19 06:59 PM Re: If you got to choose... [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Wilt Chamberlain

Hope so. Rock Chalk man.

#2039753 - 03/21/19 07:22 PM Re: If you got to choose... [Re: TheStarhawk]
Original AFH Gangsta

You are such an attention seeking assss clown..your life must be pathetic to constantly troll over here...hell you are over here more tha. That KState fukkk Timmay..why is that..

#2039754 - 03/21/19 08:12 PM Re: If you got to choose... [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Wilt Chamberlain

It just is is.

#2039756 - 03/21/19 08:19 PM Re: If you got to choose... [Re: TheStarhawk]
Original AFH Gangsta

I got it ...you were banned from Corrupt Rupp Rafters...thats the only explanation..

#2039798 - 03/23/19 09:50 AM Re: If you got to choose... [Re: TheStarhawk]
Wilt Chamberlain

Kansas playing against Pearl is not a bad thing. Self may have a winning record against him.

#2039800 - 03/23/19 11:34 AM Re: If you got to choose... [Re: TheStarhawk]
Original AFH Gangsta

As far as I can recall they only faced each other only once. Pearl at Tennessee beat Bill..but we have beaten Tennessee every other time...just dont know if Pearl was the coach of Tennessee those other times.

#2039801 - 03/23/19 11:44 AM Re: If you got to choose... [Re: TheStarhawk]
Original AFH Gangsta

Ok after some research it looks like their 1-1 vs one another. I went to that dammm game in Knoxville when they beat KU who was #1 at the time...that was 2010.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Preview