Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2039075 - 02/28/19 12:09 PM Strength & conditioning staff addition
DrGreydog Offline
Phog Fanatic

Loc: Topeka
Per twitter Keith Belton, Asst. S&C coach at USC will be joining the KU staff.

Dont know if he is replacing Coach Woodfin or just boosting the staff

#2039078 - 02/28/19 04:21 PM Re: Strength & conditioning staff addition [Re: DrGreydog]
vmlb Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Are there NCAA rules in place as to the number of coaches and staff a program can employ?

#2039081 - 02/28/19 06:05 PM Re: Strength & conditioning staff addition [Re: DrGreydog]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By: DrGreydog

For now, just boosting the staff.

A lot of speculation about Woodfin's future after his current contract runs out in 2020.

#2039082 - 02/28/19 06:05 PM Re: Strength & conditioning staff addition [Re: vmlb]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By: vmlb
Are there NCAA rules in place as to the number of coaches and staff a program can employ?
For coaches(on field), yes. For staff, no(off field).

#2039132 - 03/03/19 09:09 AM Re: Strength & conditioning staff addition [Re: Kman_blue]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
Originally Posted By: DrGreydog

For now, just boosting the staff.

A lot of speculation about Woodfin's future after his current contract runs out in 2020.

At yesterday's fan signing day experience, Woodfin was easily one of the most impressive assistants to speak.

#2039170 - 03/05/19 02:12 AM Re: Strength & conditioning staff addition [Re: DrGreydog]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Perhaps with the K State program in transition to non Snyder era, there is a chance to get some the "strength" benefits moved to Lawrence somehow.

#2039263 - 03/09/19 04:27 PM Re: Strength & conditioning staff addition [Re: DrGreydog]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Trance Land
Clay Helton must desire another Strength and Conditioning coach. Clay in a remodeling of philosophy hired offensive coordinator Kliff Kingsbury and goes from a ball-control, run, play-action offense to Air Raid offense.

KU needs to do the same Football remodeling of philosophy for an offense that goes from a ball-control, run, play-action offense.

Les Miles and Les Koenning philosophy should show the same performance on the offensive side when Les Koenning upset #13 rank Texas led by Jamal Charles and Colt McCoy.

#2039401 - 03/13/19 04:41 PM Re: Strength & conditioning staff addition [Re: DrGreydog]
used_cars Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Loc: Dallas, TX
Don't want to trash him on the web but the strength coach in the 90's was an a$$. Wont say his name but rhymed with Fred Roll.

Preview