Page 9 of 11 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2036635 - 12/08/18 09:40 PM Re: Dedric Lawson next Big 12 POY [Re: PHOGUSHER]
parkhawk3319 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Bohemia
King Dean was only 8 pts and 3 rebs and 7 to's away from another triple double. He continues to put distance between himself and every other player in the Big 12. He is a double double machine.

#2036952 - 12/16/18 03:39 PM Re: Dedric Lawson next Big 12 POY [Re: parkhawk3319]
parkhawk3319 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Bohemia
King Dean continues to show why he is the favorite to win National Player of the Year and run away with the Big 12 POY. He almost posted his second double double of the season on Saturday. As the third option on a slowly sinking KSU team how can you deny him his rightful place in Big 12 history? He carried his team past an opponent that is figured to finish in the upper half of the Sun Belt Conference and might make the NCAA tourney.

I can't think of another Big 12 player at this point in the season who has numbers that could compare to what King Dean is putting up every game.

#2036956 - 12/16/18 05:17 PM Re: Dedric Lawson next Big 12 POY [Re: parkhawk3319]
Maximus Online   confused
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Trance Land
Originally Posted By: parkhawk3319
King Dean was only 8 pts and 3 rebs and 7 to's away from another triple double. He continues to put distance between himself and every other player in the Big 12. He is a double double machine.

Dedric Lawson is averaging a double double with 20 ppg and 10 rpg.

Momoka Nishina

#2036971 - 12/17/18 11:18 AM Re: Dedric Lawson next Big 12 POY [Re: Maximus]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: reservation lake, mn
wade's injury may be season-threatening. so, your transfer probably has it wrapped up unless barry brown turns it on.

#2036976 - 12/17/18 11:52 AM Re: Dedric Lawson next Big 12 POY [Re: Maximus]
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: Maximus
Good article on press on.

Jarrett Culver (Texas Tech) is underrated by coaches and media.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/conferences/statistics/player/_/id/8

Stats confirm Culver being underrated by media, but not me.

Esa Ahmad could be a 1st team All Big 12

Miss Reins T

#2037024 - 12/18/18 03:37 PM Re: Dedric Lawson next Big 12 POY [Re: Maximus]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Kellis Robinett
@KellisRobinett
Bruce Weber says Dean Wade suffered a small tear in a tendon in his foot. Could be out for just a few weeks. Could be out for a lot of weeks. No sure timetable for his return, but he does think Wade will play again this season.

2:09 PM - Dec 18, 2018

#2037046 - 12/19/18 08:09 AM Re: Dedric Lawson next Big 12 POY [Re: tmcats]
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: tmcats
Kellis Robinett
@KellisRobinett
Bruce Weber says Dean Wade suffered a small tear in a tendon in his foot. Could be out for just a few weeks. Could be out for a lot of weeks. No sure timetable for his return, but he does think Wade will play again this season.

2:09 PM - Dec 18, 2018

https://www.kansas.com/sports/college/big-12/kansas-state/article223257395.html

When K-State advanced to the Elite Eight of last season’s NCAA Tournament, it did so largely without Wade, who missed all but eight minutes of postseason action because of a stress fracture in his left foot.

One of those players, like Udoka Azubuike, "Dok," who are always getting hurt. K-State had players step up last year when Wade was out, so expect the same competitive play for K-State in the replacement.

Julia Boin

#2037743 - 01/16/19 11:29 PM Re: Dedric Lawson next Big 12 POY [Re: Maximus]
Wilt Chamberlain

Dedric Lawson a late 2nd round pick according to NBADraft.net. Lolz. 😯

Alyssa Lavonne

#2038117 - 01/30/19 05:51 PM Re: Derrick Lawson next Big 12 POY [Re: Maximus]
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: AlOerter
To me Agbaji is kinda the unknown factor. Could be ready to contribute right away or may be a project. I felt Cunliffe was in coach's dog house for some reason last year but is definitely talented enough to play.

Ochai Agbaji has played well in exhibition. Looks like he is competing for the SG spot or could come off the bench.

The SG spot is undetermined.

SG K.J. Lawson
SG Quentin Grimes
SG Lagerald Vick
SG Ochai Agbaji

Mary Queen

Still not determined.

#2038118 - 01/30/19 05:58 PM Re: Dedric Lawson next Big 12 POY [Re: Maximus]
Wilt Chamberlain

KU's leader;

The 6-foot-9 redshirt junior from Memphis would never say this, because he’s a team-first player who always supports and speaks highly of the players around him at Kansas, but Lawson understands he has to adapt in those situations, because KU (16-5 overall, 5-3 Big 12) doesn’t have much else to offer offensively when he’s not rolling.

http://m.kusports.com/weblogs/smithology...emplates=mobile

Bianca Kmiec

#2038121 - 01/30/19 09:13 PM Re: Dedric Lawson next Big 12 POY [Re: Maximus]
Wilt Chamberlain

Player of the year candidates:

Iowa St. Shayok
Texas Tech. Culver
Kansas Lawson

http://big12statistics.com/sports/mbkb/2018-19/leaders

Lawson leads the league in rebounding. Culver just under 4 assist per game. Shayok lack rebounding and assist.

Big 12 POY is Lawson and 1st team All-American.

Shylock in "The Merchant of Venice" played by Al Pacino.

#2038498 - 02/09/19 07:00 PM Re: Derrick Lawson next Big 12 POY [Re: Maximus]
Wilt Chamberlain

Ochai Agbaji has played well in exhibition. Looks like he is competing for the SG spot or could come off the bench.

The SG spot is undetermined.

SG K.J. Lawson
SG Quentin Grimes
SG Lagerald Vick
SG Ochai Agbaji

Agbaji with another 20 plus game. I'd go with Ochai at the SG over the McDonald's All-American Grimes.

#2039012 - 02/25/19 09:41 PM Re: Derrick Lawson next Big 12 POY [Re: Maximus]
Wilt Chamberlain

Dean Wade vs Dedric Lawson Round 2...... Winner: Dedric Lawson

Nia Sanchez

#2039087 - 02/28/19 09:28 PM Re: Dedric Lawson next Big 12 POY [Re: Maximus]
Wilt Chamberlain

Bill Self on Big 12 Player of the Year

Just like the actual Big 12 race, the conference's men's basketball player of the year competition figures to be decided the last game or two of the season.

"I don't think anybody has separated themselves," Kansas coach Bill Self said Thursday at his weekly news conference at Allen Fieldhouse. "Last year, Trae (Young, Oklahoma) and Devonte (Graham, KU) separated themselves from everybody else. You've got two first-team All-Americans. It was Trae and Devonte hands down and then everybody else.

"This year we're not going to have that in our league. We're not going to have multiple first-team All-Americans. This year the best player on the best team should probably win is how I feel about it."

A year ago, Graham edged Young for league player of the year honors. KU's Frank Mason won the award in 2016-17 and Oklahoma's Buddy Hield the two seasons before that.

"Barry Brown ... if K-State wins league he should be player of the year," Self said. "If we win, Dedric (Lawson, league's leading scorer and rebounder) should be player of the year. If Iowa State wins ... (Marial) Shayok. If Tech wins, (Jarrett) Culver."

Self noted that Baylor also is a team that can definitely win the league, but didn't mention any individual from that squad Thursday. Makai Mason leads the Bears in scoring at 14.6 points per game, which ranks ninth in the league.

"If it's a tie? I'd sell out it being a four-way tie and give it to all four," Self said. "Then it would probably come down to stats. To me if there is an outright winner, that guy deserves it."

Self was asked if he'd miss competing against some of the above mentioned players next season.

"No, not at all," he said with a smile. "I think there are certain guys who play for other teams, you enjoy the competitiveness. I remember going against (Iowa State's) Georges Niang and Monte Morris. We loved playing against them and they loved playing against us (and sometimes chatted with Self during games).

"They would always talk smack and all that stuff. There's not many guys in the league I do that with personally. When Blake (Griffin) and Kevin (Durant) and Michael (Beasley) all left ... as a competitor you miss going against those guys each and every year even though the reality of it is the reason why we miss the competitiveness is because they were the best our sport had to offer in those particular years.

"I don't think I'm going to miss Dean (Wade) and Barry (Brown) and (Kamau) Stokes that much. They've been really good players for K-State. They've represented their school in a tremendous way, all those things. I don't think anybody in our league missed Perry (Ellis) when Perry left. They were probably glad. It was probably his time to go even though he was here like 17 years."

It is one of the most famous photographs taken in Hollywood in the 1950s. Sophia Loren is caught staring down at Jayne Mansfield's ample cleavage as they sit side-by-side during a fancy cocktail. Famous nipple slip. Sophia Loren was genuinely shocked at Jayne Mansfield's low-cut dress, as a famous 1957 photo indicates, she told EW. Photo of Claire and Gloria Sophia and Jayne for fans of Modern Family. The picture of Claire and Gloria featured in Hayley's photography exhibit was an homage to a classic shot of Sophia Loren.

#2039284 - 03/10/19 07:29 PM Re: Dedric Lawson next Big 12 POY [Re: Maximus]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

a lot of this narrative didn't age very well, did it.

Page 9 of 11 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 >

Preview