Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 ... 11 12 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2038705 - 02/14/19 08:52 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2020 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
Kman_blue Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Looks like the coaches are still hard at work on the 2020 class.

KU just recently offered a couple big boys for those of you who love the OL/DL guys in Nicholas Dawkins a 6'5" 300lbs. 2 star OT out of Parkland HS in Allentown, PA and Jaylan Jeffers a 6'6" 256lbs. 3 star OT out of Saguaro HS in Scottsdale, AZ.

We also just offered Peter Latu a 6'5" 210lbs. 3 star LB/WR/PR out of Bethel HS in Spanaway, WA. This kid is a 4 star recruit all the way IMHO. He's explosive, athletic, and fast with great size and has really good instincts for the game. He's gonna be a player for someone, hopefully KU!

Link to his Junior season highlight video

From Allentown, PA to Spanaway, WA and Scottsdale, AZ this staff is leaving no stone unturned!

#2038706 - 02/14/19 10:18 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2020 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
PbBut Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: 66227
I wanted to say thanks for the info regarding Pooka missing the first game last season over on the other thread. Eligibility questions are entirely different than the present situation.
As an addition, JaCorey Shepherd came in as a WR and moved to DB because Dave Campo liked him so much.

#2038711 - 02/15/19 10:23 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2020 News, Updates,etc! [Re: PbBut]
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: PbBut
I wanted to say thanks for the info regarding Pooka missing the first game last season over on the other thread. Eligibility questions are entirely different than the present situation.
No problem, just relating the last I had heard about that.

Originally Posted By: PbBut
As an addition, JaCorey Shepherd came in as a WR and moved to DB because Dave Campo liked him so much.
Good catch! I completely blanked on him in this regard.

#2038883 - 02/22/19 09:05 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2020 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
DrGreydog Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: Topeka
Another big junior day this weekend. Sounds like some big linemen types are coming...
Hope they manage to land a few of them.

#2038888 - 02/22/19 12:53 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2020 News, Updates,etc! [Re: DrGreydog]
Wilt Chamberlain

I'm hearing this is going to be another big Jr. Day with about 40 guys or so. It's mostly out of state recruits but also a couple of local guys who coudn't make the 1st Jr. Day.

#2038906 - 02/23/19 02:18 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2020 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Thank god we have a REAL chance to grab recruits again. #beatyneatdeal

#2038910 - 02/23/19 04:08 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2020 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
Wilt Chamberlain

Looks like we just got our first commit of the 2020 class!

I believe it's the WR Keenan Hambrick out of Athens HS in Athens, AL. He's 6'4" 190lbs continuing the trend of going after bigger taller WR's that Les and company seem to be implementing.

#2038911 - 02/23/19 04:09 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2020 News, Updates,etc! [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
Harris and Pooka say "hello".

#2038914 - 02/23/19 06:09 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2020 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
EstebanBugatti Offline
Big Dipper

Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
Harris and Pooka say "hello".

The one commitment that Betty left for Miles says hi.

#2038952 - 02/24/19 02:40 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2020 News, Updates,etc! [Re: EstebanBugatti]
Wilt Chamberlain

The previous staff was told by the AD to not take anymore commitments early last season and they were in do or die mode before that and everybody knew it.

Trying to use that as proof the previous staff couldn't recruit just doesn't hold up. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the previous staff's problems didn't include recruiting.

#2038958 - 02/24/19 03:12 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2020 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
The idea of zero recruiting being told to Betty is highly suspect. Makes you look as if you are in the know. He had his chance but his HS background in Texas was not a chance in hell to succeed here.

#2038960 - 02/24/19 04:16 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2020 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
EstebanBugatti Offline
Big Dipper

The previous staff was told by the AD to not take anymore commitments early last season and they were in do or die mode before that and everybody knew it.

Trying to use that as proof the previous staff couldn't recruit just doesn't hold up. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the previous staff's problems didn't include recruiting.

Still kissing that idiots ass even after it hit the curb. You must really be a secret lover of his or something. Long didn't tell Betty to stop recruiting. If anything, he told him to stop recruiting JuCo kids. That erased 99.99% of his recruiting board.

#2038964 - 02/24/19 06:27 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2020 News, Updates,etc! [Re: EstebanBugatti]
Wilt Chamberlain

You 2 love birds can believe whatever you want but I know for a fact Beaty and staff were told not to take any commitments early on last fall. You can blame him for putting himself in the spot of being in a do or die situation last year before he was told not to take any more commitments which kept recruits at bay. But before last year though he recruited well enough to win a lot more than he did. His problem wasn't a lack of recruiting.

Heck, KU should have gone bowling last year with the amount of talent he had recruited here. In the end he just couldn't coach. Micromanaging, over analyzing, getting in the way of and overriding his assistants, and not being able to identify who the top talent on the team was and hence who should have been starting or on the 2 deep were his main downfalls, not recruiting.

And little angry Freddie our resident internet tough guy with his gay fantasies about me. Too angry and too stupid to see things in anything but all bad or all good paradigms.

#2038970 - 02/24/19 09:21 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2020 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
EstebanBugatti Offline
Big Dipper

You 2 love birds can believe whatever you want but I know for a fact Beaty and staff were told not to take any commitments early on last fall. You can blame him for putting himself in the spot of being in a do or die situation last year before he was told not to take any more commitments which kept recruits at bay. But before last year though he recruited well enough to win a lot more than he did. His problem wasn't a lack of recruiting.

Heck, KU should have gone bowling last year with the amount of talent he had recruited here. In the end he just couldn't coach. Micromanaging, over analyzing, getting in the way of and overriding his assistants, and not being able to identify who the top talent on the team was and hence who should have been starting or on the 2 deep were his main downfalls, not recruiting.

And little angry Freddie our resident internet tough guy with his gay fantasies about me. Too angry and too stupid to see things in anything but all bad or all good paradigms.

Sorry to blow up your little "insider" fantasy but you don't know [censored]. You take stuff spoon fed to you by people close to Betty and Bowen. All that you get is just a spun excuse as to why they failed miserably. You have no real inside information about the program and never have. You just make vague statements like "I'm hearing there are a few committed recruits that are interested but don't want it known.". That [censored] might fly over on the Slant by that lapdog Kirby because the people who buy his [censored] are literal retards but it doesn't work anywhere else.Stop the damn act and just go follow Betty's ass to Texass. You know, the place he was supposed to be able to recruit well but sucked so badly recruiting. People like you make this fanbase look stupid. You and that idiot that decided to trespass on an active runway to see if Les Miles was on a plane.

#2038983 - 02/25/19 10:45 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2020 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Flint Hills
^ You breed pug pups in Tejas, or lusting for a ridiculous sports car to boost your ego?
Sounds like you must have a wealth of solid, verified, pertinent recruiting info.
What's holding you back from sharing it?

Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 ... 11 12 >

Preview