Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2035865 - 11/19/18 01:47 PM You know what excites me about Miles?
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
This board is ALIVE again!

RCJHKU!

#2035870 - 11/19/18 02:55 PM Re: You know what excites me about Miles? [Re: KUHawkhead]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
The board for the Mangino era was outstanding. Not so much. Any. Other. Time. Since.

I still can't believe the new coach for Kansas is going to be L Miles.!. Dayum...

#2035873 - 11/19/18 05:10 PM Re: You know what excites me about Miles? [Re: KUHawkhead]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
Originally Posted By: KUHawkhead
This board is ALIVE again!

RCJHKU!

You are certainly right about that....but think about HH, this is the first time in my lifetime that KU actually went out and hired the best coach available, period! No Moore's, Gottfrieds, Vals or Gameballs. No Gills, Weis' or Beaty's. It is utterly amazing that there is finally a true commitment to the grid program and that excites the hell out of me. KU has always seems to have the absolute desire to be the very best in Hoops, which is why we hired Larry and Bill. (Booby Fred hit a lucky streak with Roy). With time. energy and cash to football, perhaps we have turned a corner.

All that said, Beaty is leaving Miles with a scholarship shortage...very similar circumstances to what Beaty found when Chaz was canned. After four years, that's a travesty! As good as Miles is, and I feel he will assemble a great staff, it's still going to take some time to put more than four wins on the board. I do look for on field improvement as early as the first snap of 2019....just not sure how many W's that will mean.

I am certain of one thing with Miles at the helm......Pooka will make a Heisman run before he leaves KU. Miles knows he has a real high level talent in Pooka. Get him the ball 25 times a game and see what happens. He saw it at Zero State with Barry Sanders and I'm sure he'll make it a priority for Pooka.

#2035874 - 11/19/18 05:12 PM Re: You know what excites me about Miles? [Re: KUHawkhead]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Trance Land
KU chances of winning in football just caused the other KU fans to talk.

#2035875 - 11/19/18 05:37 PM Re: You know what excites me about Miles? [Re: KUHawkhead]
madcapper Online   content
Big Dipper

Loc: Ozarks
Dang that gal has a nasty fat azz

#2035879 - 11/19/18 07:59 PM Re: You know what excites me about Miles? [Re: KUHawkhead]
Kirk Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Loc: Austin
It’s the first time I’ve come here (practically since the Lew/Mangino debacle) where posters weren’t just B and M’ing.
That gets so old.

Now there’s stuff to talk about!

#2035882 - 11/19/18 08:42 PM Re: You know what excites me about Miles? [Re: KUHawkhead]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I know.....and I was one of the worst. I truly felt like a part of my life was ripped away when we fired Mangino. I have been receiving texts from people that I hadn't communicated with since that time that are truly excited about the prospect of what this might be the start of. I am just looking forward to looking like a REAL team again. Our opponents leaving with some victories, but limping off after those victories.

I AM EXCITED!

RCJHKU!

#2035889 - 11/19/18 11:02 PM Re: You know what excites me about Miles? [Re: KUHawkhead]
vmlb Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

His caps??

#2035906 - 11/20/18 11:50 AM Re: You know what excites me about Miles? [Re: vmlb]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: vmlb
His caps??

Just what in the he*ll are you talking about?

#2036020 - 11/23/18 11:36 AM Re: You know what excites me about Miles? [Re: KUHawkhead]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

His mad caps do excite me, yes.

RCJHKU!

#2038632 - 02/12/19 01:25 PM Re: You know what excites me about Miles? [Re: KUHawkhead]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/...u4mc?li=BBnb7Kz

This is an exciting guy with a lot more experience in the real world of P5 NCAA football !

#2038634 - 02/12/19 01:53 PM Re: You know what excites me about Miles? [Re: KUHawkhead]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Flint Hills
" there is finally a true commitment to the grid program and that excites the hell out of me."

Beena's best post ever! And...
Even the Kook gets in on the best ever action with "guy with a lot more experience in the real world of P5 NCAA football !"

That's what excites me most about Miles. He is a proven commodity in D1 ranks. It takes some time to get out of a hole as deep as the one we've been in, no matter who is HC, but Miles is a source of hope that this time it will actually get done.

#2038641 - 02/12/19 05:10 PM Re: You know what excites me about Miles? [Re: KUHawkhead]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Good article link KUCO. Exciting days for Kansas football.

#2038643 - 02/12/19 07:43 PM Re: You know what excites me about Miles? [Re: KUHawkhead]
prairiehawk Offline
John Brown

Loc: KS
What really excites me about what is happening with KU football right now is the fact that for the very first time ever, KU has an outstanding coach, athletic director, and chancellor. We have all THREE of these essential components at the same time! Ain't never been done at KU before now, not even during our Orange Bowl Win. You can see the results already, when all three are on the same page or have the same objectives or goals. Only now KU is beginning to catch up and have the chance to play even with highly successful football programs right from the get go (I am not talking about wins quite yet). I am talking about approach, process, administrative decisions, and total support needed with both money and facilities.

I realize nothing will guarantee wins or great success, but for the first time EVER, KU will soon start with an even chance with the rest of the field. Please my fellow Jayhawks, may we all be patient, celebrate each and every victory (no matter how big or small). And just keep in mind, the opportunity for getting a big time successful football program is absolutely real this time. May we also be understanding that there probably will be some speed bumps along the way, hopefully our entire fan base will rejuvenate and be there to give great support.

I truly believe KU finally got it right, and got it right in a very big way!! RCJHKU

#2038647 - 02/12/19 10:24 PM Re: You know what excites me about Miles? [Re: prairiehawk]
pizzanbeer Offline
Max Falkenstien

It's such a relief that it's no longer amateur hour for KU football. Goodbye Mr. Neatdeal Defend Our Grass. Finally the fall torture is over. Girod, Long and Miles have given us a reason to believe in KU football again.

Edited by pizzanbeer (02/13/19 12:21 AM)

Preview