#2037656 - 01/12/19 08:23 PM Re: Pooka Williams Arrested/Suspended [Re: tmcats]
moose1 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Wichita
Originally Posted By: tmcats
Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
Originally Posted By: tmcats
Originally Posted By: Goober
KSUCK played Roberson in the Fiesta Bowl. In spite of being accused of sexually assaulting a young woman game week. Get off your sanctimonious donkey before it bucks you off!

charges dropped in phx by phx court. you don't see the difference here? j'hawk ethics 101.
And so will the charges against Williams, bhutthook.

In the context of criminal law, diversion refers to diverting a defendant out of the criminal justice system by having them complete a diversion program rather than be incarcerated or serve another alternative sentence. Criminal charges are typically dropped when a defendant successfully completes a diversion program.

I feel dirty for even responding...but hear we go.

Yes we get that numbnuts. What I am saying and I think most others think this as well, is that if Pooka punched her in the gut and choked her he would NOT have received deversion. There is no way. So something happened probably a drunken argument between the two and he may have pushed her. Still a crime however not one where he needs to serve a full sentence or get kicked off the team.

I will say this if Pooka did hit the woman in the stomach and choked her then he should serve some time and be kicked off the team. From what I have heard and the actions of the Douglas County court I do not believe he did those things, but probably something to a much lesser degree.

On a side note, Timmy is a piece of trash and should be banned.

#2037658 - 01/12/19 09:30 PM Re: Pooka Williams Arrested/Suspended [Re: moose1]
track Online   content
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas
"On a side note, Timmy is a piece of trash"

true that

#2037660 - 01/13/19 08:48 AM Re: Pooka Williams Arrested/Suspended [Re: Josh2408]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Just remember (Troll b/k/a Bob), if the posters here comment on a continuing issue at KU, it has the potential of becoming a dismissed charge for a young person(s) eventually as it has for others that attended KSU previously. No difference, just move along.

#2038059 - 01/28/19 07:51 PM Re: Pooka Williams Arrested/Suspended [Re: Josh2408]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Pooka taking full part in all team activities and workouts as of right now. Looks like he's doing what he needs to do and things look good for him going forward so far.

#2038610 - 02/12/19 08:51 AM Re: Pooka Williams Arrested/Suspended [Re: Josh2408]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

AD Long recently said that KU still considering what punishment to give Pooka and that they're waiting on the legal side to be 100% complete before doing so.

I bet he sits a couple games or so from the sounds of that.

#2038611 - 02/12/19 09:01 AM Re: Pooka Williams Arrested/Suspended [Re: Josh2408]
Josh2408 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Indiana
Is that really fair since he got a diversion though? I mean I don't think he should be suspended at all If he stays clean between now and the start of the season.

#2038613 - 02/12/19 09:07 AM Re: Pooka Williams Arrested/Suspended [Re: Josh2408]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

We'll see what coach Miles and Long do here. Pooka getting a 1 or 2 game or so suspension was just the impression I got from listening to Long's remarks. Who knows, maybe they do something else and Pooka doesn't sit any games.

#2038620 - 02/12/19 12:07 PM Re: Pooka Williams Arrested/Suspended [Re: Josh2408]
Leawood Offline
Abolitionist

Loc: Now, The Plaza
In terms of punishment for Pooka, I would seek the advice of Terry Allen.

#2038621 - 02/12/19 12:07 PM Re: Pooka Williams Arrested/Suspended [Re: Josh2408]
PbBut Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: 66227
Not trying to get too distracted here, but I missed any information given out why he didn't play in the first game last fall? Was that ever released? Its just not a good look, a soph who has missed games in two seasons.

#2038622 - 02/12/19 12:23 PM Re: Pooka Williams Arrested/Suspended [Re: Leawood]
madcapper Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: Ozarks
Originally Posted By: Leawood

LOL

#2038623 - 02/12/19 12:51 PM Re: Pooka Williams Arrested/Suspended [Re: madcapper]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: madcapper

LOL
Hold him out of the Spring game.

#2038627 - 02/12/19 01:07 PM Re: Pooka Williams Arrested/Suspended [Re: PbBut]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: PbBut
Not trying to get too distracted here, but I missed any information given out why he didn't play in the first game last fall? Was that ever released? Its just not a good look, a soph who has missed games in two seasons.
Last I heard it was because of waiting on 1 of his HS classes to be double checked and approved again. Think it was KU compliance, not NCAA related.

#2038628 - 02/12/19 01:07 PM Re: Pooka Williams Arrested/Suspended [Re: Leawood]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Sounds good to me! haha

#2038671 - 02/13/19 04:31 PM Re: Pooka Williams Arrested/Suspended [Re: Josh2408]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Flint Hills
Appears the Pooka situation isn't as resolved as we thought it was.

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2019/feb/1...ery-c/?football

#2038677 - 02/13/19 06:21 PM Re: Pooka Williams Arrested/Suspended [Re: appyhawk]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Lawyers doing their jobs. Diversion deal details still in discussion. Probably won't get to a final agreement until around that court date.

Dunno the inside skinny with these particular lawyers, but 1 attorney told me he thought there's also a chance they think they can get him off without even a diversion agreement, but that was just his speculation.

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Preview