Rate This Topic
#2038446 - 02/08/19 06:42 PM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: JimWest]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
Originally Posted By: JimWest
Originally Posted By: parkhawk3319
Originally Posted By: JimWest
Only in defeat can Kansas regain its focus on what really matters: the tournament.

Yes! Only when KU stops focusing on winning games can it refocus on what really matters....winning games! I sure hope Self is listening; he can benefit from this sort of wisdom.

No, the point is that Self teams peak too early each season because he is overly focused on winning the conference. If he were willing to take more losses in February, his teams would not be so burnt out in March.
willing to take more losses? Since when is a loss a good thing? You're a moron.

#2038451 - 02/08/19 07:06 PM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: 58hawk]
PHOGUSHER Online   content
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Originally Posted By: 58hawk
KU had far superior tournament performance under Roy Williams,

That is factually untrue. Roy lost several games he was favored to win.

Huckleberry never ever lost in the first game...Bill lost twice to the killer Bs. Roi did lose a few times in the round of 32 to the likes of UTEP ..Rhode Island...Duke ..and Kentucky...

#2038549 - 02/11/19 10:31 AM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: PHOGUSHER]
parkhawk3319 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Bohemia
Originally Posted By: PHOGUSHER

Huckleberry never ever lost in the first game...Bill lost twice to the killer Bs. Roi did lose a few times in the round of 32 to the likes of UTEP ..Rhode Island...Duke ..and Kentucky...

Roy never won the last game when he was here, Bill has. First and second and third round outs.....an out is an out. I don't have any t-shirts or even memories of the first round outs, I have t-shirts from the last game wins.

#2038552 - 02/11/19 11:21 AM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: parkhawk3319]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Port Huron MI
Tonights game is an elimination game. We win, we are still in the hunt. We don't, it's over.

#2038554 - 02/11/19 11:28 AM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: JimWest]
Original AFH Gangsta

Wrong as per norm...

#2038555 - 02/11/19 11:31 AM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: parkhawk3319]
Original AFH Gangsta

Roy never won the last game when he was here, Bill has. First and second and third round outs.....an out is an out. I don't have any t-shirts or even memories of the first round outs, I have t-shirts from the last game wins.

You have one from Bill's tenure at old KU...In the same time period UNC's fans have 3 from Roi's same length tenure on Chumpel Hill...

#2038568 - 02/11/19 04:20 PM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Max Falkenstien

You have one from Bill's tenure at old KU...In the same time period UNC's fans have 3 from Roi's same length tenure on Chumpel Hill...

Roy's wins at UNC don't help his record at KU. He still has no NCAA championships at KU. 'Spect that will never change.

#2038571 - 02/11/19 04:47 PM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: Jayhawk1952]
KYBLUEBLOOD Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Roy has been very successful at UNC. One thing that helps is somehow he can get 5* players that stick around for 4 years. It has to be hard to convince the players to pass up a few million or perhaps 100 mil.

#2038575 - 02/11/19 05:57 PM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: JimWest]
Original AFH Gangsta

Excuses made for UNC are too rich. I blame it on our hick Kansas plowbilly mentality...have any of you local lokels ever been to North Carolina..I have...that state is 10x more scenic than Kanasssss. ..fact.

#2038579 - 02/11/19 08:01 PM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: PHOGUSHER]
KYBLUEBLOOD Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Blue ridge mountains to the ocean. Beautiful state, a friend has lived in the OBX and has several pizza restaurants in Duck, Kitty Hawk, etc. about 6 in total so he and his family have a great life in North Carolina.......cheer for Kentucky of course. This guys grandfather played for Rupp.

#2038582 - 02/11/19 08:57 PM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: JimWest]
Original AFH Gangsta

I dont care...die...die...lol.

#2038591 - 02/11/19 10:41 PM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: JimWest]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Max Falkenstien

It is said that Hawaii is really scenic, but it doesn't seem to help their basketball. So what does scenic have to do with UNC basketball? Or KU basketball?

#2038604 - 02/12/19 06:45 AM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: Jayhawk1952]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: Jayhawk1952
It is said that Hawaii is really scenic, but it doesn't seem to help their basketball. So what does scenic have to do with UNC basketball? Or KU basketball?
It's all about the pizza being over the top there. Kansas City BBQ? Kids WANT pizza, Trump knew that...

#2038606 - 02/12/19 07:13 AM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: PHOGUSHER]
KYBLUEBLOOD Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I dont care...die...die...lol.

We all die sometime. Do you think KU will have over 8 National Championships when your time comes?

#2038616 - 02/12/19 09:19 AM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: JimWest]
Original AFH Gangsta

No...

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Preview