Page 13 of 15 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2043508 - 10/16/19 05:43 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2020 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
Topcitykid10 Online   content
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Loc: Kansas
Looking at his offers, ehh good luck in the future kid.

#2043526 - 10/19/19 12:35 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2020 News, Updates,etc! [Re: appyhawk]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: appyhawk
http://boards.kusports.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2038385&page=8
"Keenan Hambrick, a three-star receiver from Athens, Ala., announced on Twitter his decision to decommit from the Jayhawks."
"With his announcement, Hambrick became the third prospect this year to back out of KU’s 2020 class, joining two other three-star talents, Texas prep receiver Keith Miller III and Louisiana linebacker Kershawn Fisher."

Seems we've got more schollies open than we thought...
Think we've got around 20 traditional scholarships available for the 2020 class. Several of our current commitments have non-traditional offers, like grayshirts, blueshirts, etc. as well as being preferred walkons with a promise of a scholarship after their 1st year as now allowed per the NCAA rule change 2 years ago. I think we've got 2 to 3 traditional spots still open right now. Couple big fish 4 star guys still being pursued hard right now. Think KU is in both of their top 2 or 3 lists as well.

#2043742 - 10/19/19 10:15 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2020 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Flint Hills
I wish Stanley had another year of eligibility.

#2043836 - 10/24/19 02:24 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2020 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]

RB Ashaad Clayton sure does love the Jayhawks. He posted another picture of him in full KU uniform. If KU lands him that would be huge!!

#2043839 - 10/24/19 02:52 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2020 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]

Interesting breaking news; Mississippi St WR Devonta Jason has entered the transfer portal. If anyone needs a refresher he picked Miss St. over KU while basically coming to tears when putting on the Miss St shirt. Awkward announcement for sure.

#2043847 - 10/24/19 05:51 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2020 News, Updates,etc! [Re: appyhawk]
moose1 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Wichita
I wish Stanley had another year of eligibility.

That would be nice. It does give me confidence in this coaching staff. I don’t think Stanley would be this good under the old staff. Hopefully they are working with one of the other quarterbacks to train him up for next year. Not sure who that would be. I don’t get the sense there is a number two quarterback right now.

#2043852 - 10/24/19 07:01 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2020 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

" I don’t get the sense there is a number two quarterback right now."

Moose, that's a good point. I admit to being shocked by the complete disappearance of McVittie. Given that up to last few days before Game 1 he was the pre-ordained starter. Then, all of a sudden he wasn't,and hasn't been heard from, or about, since.

Most recent indication have been Locklin is #2, but he did pregame with the runningbacks, so...

Hey Topper, nice job on the recruiting updates! Rivals wasn't very hospitable when I looked up the 4* running back. They must be back in fund raising mode. I'll try again somewhere else.

#2043854 - 10/24/19 07:18 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2020 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Since nobody else did, I guess I'll post that KU got a new commitment from Steven McBride a 6'1" 165lbs. 3 star WR out of East Ascension HS in Gonzalez, LA (small town about an hour SE of Baton Rouge). He committed to KU a few days ago and Virginia offered him the day after. He was up in Lawrence over the summer for 1 of KU's football camps, so he's somewhat familiar with the school, program and city of Lawrence.

He's been getting a bunch more interest and contacts from other P-5 programs since his KU commitment. Kid is having a good season so far and looks bigger than his listed 165lbs. weight. He catches the ball really well and looks to have very strong hands as catches most everything thrown his way even in heavy traffic or battling with DB's for the ball.

His commitment pushes KU back up into the top 30 for recruiting class rankings according to Rivals.

#2043857 - 10/24/19 07:31 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2020 News, Updates,etc! [Re: appyhawk]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

...I admit to being shocked by the complete disappearance of McVittie. Given that up to last few days before Game 1 he was the pre-ordained starter.
By who? The coaches never pre-ordained him the starter.

Most recent indication have been Locklin is #2, but he did pregame with the runningbacks, so...
Locklin is the current #2 and a lot of that is because of Dearman wanting to use his athleticism in the wildcat formation right now.

Rivals wasn't very hospitable when I looked up the 4* running back.
If you're talking about Ashaad Clayton, nothing has changed except he's been apparently having a lot of fun on twitter tweeting himself in KU gear/uniforms. KU is still in his top 2, but he hasn't made anything official one way or the other yet. Georgia is the other school in his top 2 but it's believed Colorado's late push has put them in the hunt as well. If I had to guess today, I think KU is where he ends up, but nothing is set in stone or anything.

#2043871 - 10/24/19 09:24 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2020 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
moose1 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Wichita
Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
Locklin is the current #2 and a lot of that is because of Dearman wanting to use his athleticism in the wildcat formation right now.

So Locklin is number 2 just because he is the best in the wildcat. What if Stanley went down and KU needed an every down quarterback. Would that be McVittie? Also would McVittie be the projected starter for 2020?

#2043875 - 10/24/19 10:06 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2020 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
DrGreydog Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: Topeka
If Stanley goes down, needing a QB with athleticism...whos to say it isn't McVittie or Miles Kendrick for that matter.
There are quarterbacks taking reps in the Dearmon system.
They just havent been needed yet - praise the gods. Hoping they wont be needed and the 2nd and 3rd guys still get a schooling in the system for next year.
There is no way this staff will not have options or plans in place for the future.

#2043878 - 10/24/19 11:03 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2020 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

We have a frosh QB coming in next year I'm interested is seeing. But I'm in hopes our coaches can lure a nicely ranked run/pass guy to join in that QB competition.
I'm also still very interested in a couple of hungry dog DL.
I really like our receiving corps, our LB look good, and I think our secondary looks good. But you just can have enough good guys for the lines.

#2043894 - 10/25/19 04:06 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2020 News, Updates,etc! [Re: moose1]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: moose1
Originally Posted By: Kman_blue

So Locklin is number 2 just because he is the best in the wildcat. What if Stanley went down and KU needed an every down quarterback. Would that be McVittie? Also would McVittie be the projected starter for 2020?
Don't think so,. believe Locklin would be the every down #2 QB.

#2043898 - 10/25/19 04:54 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2020 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
track Online   content
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas
impressive final high school game...

"Locklin had a memorable outting in the Texas 3A State Championship game, 5 touchdowns, 202 yards passing, 256 yards rushing and one receiving TD of 19 yards"

#2044048 - 10/30/19 09:40 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2020 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
DrGreydog Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: Topeka
There is an early sign up period coming in December....what day does it begin?
Anyone have any idea on how many we might be able to sign early?

Page 13 of 15 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 >

Preview