Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2038286 - 02/05/19 11:12 PM It's time for the streak to end
JimWest Online   happy
))<>((

Only in defeat can Kansas regain its focus on what really matters: the tournament.

#2038288 - 02/05/19 11:33 PM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: JimWest]
PHOGUSHER Online   content
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Unless Dok has some sort of miracle recovery this team wont do crap in the tournament. Out in the round of 32....

#2038289 - 02/06/19 03:45 AM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: JimWest]
INation Offline
Thunderhawk

Self's recruiting of too many one and dones and transfers over the past few seasons has left this team with no leadership and little experience.

#2038290 - 02/06/19 04:51 AM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: JimWest]
Original AFH Gangsta

I posted that weeks ago. Never ever should have accepted 3 transfers at once...he did that because he was too lazy to recruit 2 yrs ago. You get true recruits who can play right away to gain experience instead of 3 guys riding the pine for a yr then you dont suffer the consequences he is facing now. Very odd move on Bill"s part.

#2038291 - 02/06/19 05:18 AM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: PHOGUSHER]
JimWest Online   happy
))<>((

Originally Posted By: PHOGUSHER
Unless Dok has some sort of miracle recovery this team wont do crap in the tournament. Out in the round of 32....

Oh, it won't be this year. But KU needs to stop caring so much about the worthless conference "championship" and focus on the tournament. Duke, the best program in college basketball, doesn't care about its conference. It builds teams to win the tournament, period.

#2038326 - 02/06/19 10:49 AM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: JimWest]
Original AFH Gangsta

I guess thats why Duke has had two first round outs and KU beating them in the E8 last season..right. But I do know what you are getting at.

#2038339 - 02/06/19 12:29 PM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: JimWest]
parkhawk3319 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Bohemia
Originally Posted By: JimWest
Only in defeat can Kansas regain its focus on what really matters: the tournament.

Yes! Only when KU stops focusing on winning games can it refocus on what really matters....winning games! I sure hope Self is listening; he can benefit from this sort of wisdom.

#2038357 - 02/06/19 05:14 PM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: JimWest]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

7 of the last 11 NCAA champs were also conference champs. 2 of those that weren't were 2014 and 2011 UConn with 8 and 9 losses respectively. Those just got hot at the right time. But obviously, if you build to win in March you will often also win your conference.

#2038360 - 02/06/19 05:44 PM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: parkhawk3319]
Jayhawk1952 Online   content
Max Falkenstien

Originally Posted By: parkhawk3319

Yes! Only when KU stops focusing on winning games can it refocus on what really matters....winning games! I sure hope Self is listening; he can benefit from this sort of wisdom.

All you need to do is to take note of who you just quoted. That's why there's so much "wisdom" in it.

#2038369 - 02/06/19 09:49 PM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: parkhawk3319]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Trance Land

Ineligible players and injuries.

#2038373 - 02/06/19 10:07 PM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: JimWest]
Jaycat92 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Nebraska
Yeah, we have won 14 straight Big 12 titles and have 1 title to show for it. Validate winning your conference once again........Oh yeah, ACC champ has won a few, and the New formed Big East conference has won. Teams who play together and win together, win titles. UNC has won in the past with 3 and 4 year players, Nova has won with combination of 1,2,3,4 year players and Duke has won with Freshmen and a couple of veterans.

Everyone needs to wake up and realize that Villanova's style is a winning formula. Start 5 players who can make 3's and force teams to guard all 5 players. Someone is going to have a mismatch and someone is going to be hot. Iowa St is doing more and more of this. Sure you take a chance on not shooting well and getting beat, but Nova has shown that they can win with good shooters and being scrappy on defense.

#2038374 - 02/06/19 10:14 PM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: JimWest]
Jaycat92 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Self is to into himself to much to ever change just a little bit. We have had some really good teams with post play and came close, but have been beaten by teams who can shoot 3's. Northern Iowa, Michigan, Nova, VCU and Oregon have just plain shot us out of the tourney. Time to recruit guys who are 6'7 or 6'8 who can play inside and outside. Forget getting 7 footers, unless they can shoot, and get Power Forwards who can shoot and run the floor.

#2038393 - 02/07/19 11:46 AM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: Jaycat92]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Port Huron MI
This team has plenty of talent. They just don't have no testicular fortitude. It's gonna require some toughness to come back from 2 down in this last month. Toughness I don't think they have.

So far when the going has gotten tough, this bunch has folded like middle school girls.

This message is sent directly to the organization. Prove me wrong.

#2038394 - 02/07/19 11:52 AM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: MICHHAWK]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: reservation lake, mn
Grimes 5-star
Dotson 5-star
McCormack 4-star
Garrett 4-star
Lightfoot 4-star
Vick 4-star
K Lawson 4-star
D Lawson 4-star
Moore 4-star

#2038398 - 02/07/19 12:52 PM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: JimWest]
Original AFH Gangsta

Ok...nine...whats your point.again...3 are freshmen...3 sat on the pine for a season...practice can never simulate real game minutes..The team's preseason lofty ranking was based on a healthy Udoka and Silvio being able to play. I do not understand why this is hard for some individuals to accept.

Bringing Vick back was a mistake...Grimes hasnt produced as expected...and no minutes for McCormack is just baffling...Bill hasnt coached this team properly.

Edited by PHOGUSHER (02/07/19 12:53 PM)

#2038399 - 02/07/19 12:58 PM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: PHOGUSHER]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Snowflakes make excuses. Got anymore excuses snowflake.

#2038403 - 02/07/19 04:21 PM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: JimWest]
Original AFH Gangsta

Lol...that was a bit harsh. But most likely true.

#2038404 - 02/07/19 04:32 PM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: JimWest]
madcapper Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Ozarks
Wow Phog, i sense some insecure, deep seeded hostility.

#2038405 - 02/07/19 05:21 PM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: JimWest]
Original AFH Gangsta

Nah...its just michhawk is an idiot. But I should not let the simpleton bother me. I will delete that nasty reply and will no longer respond to his stoic boring same old posts..I am better than that.

Edited by PHOGUSHER (02/07/19 05:23 PM)

#2038419 - 02/07/19 11:46 PM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: parkhawk3319]
JimWest Online   happy
))<>((

No, the point is that Self teams peak too early each season because he is overly focused on winning the conference. If he were willing to take more losses in February, his teams would not be so burnt out in March.

#2038429 - 02/08/19 10:43 AM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: JimWest]
Original AFH Gangsta

I have been posting that for years. Oh crap does that mean I might be gay....ITS FABULOUS..lol. All kidding aside I dont really think any coach of a blueblood team doesnt try to win every game be it regular season or post. Now dumping a B12 tournament game is a different story. Especially if they already won the regular season conference title...

#2038431 - 02/08/19 11:05 AM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: JimWest]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

No, the point is that Self teams peak too early each season because he is overly focused on winning the conference. If he were willing to take more losses in February, his teams would not be so burnt out in March.

We are going to test your theory this season. We will lose more games this season than we are accustomed to. We will see how that works out for us in the ncaa's.

My guess is not very good. But we shall see.

#2038434 - 02/08/19 12:17 PM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: JimWest]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

We are 2-4 in out last 6. Following your theory, we should light it up.

We will see.

#2038435 - 02/08/19 12:56 PM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: MICHHAWK]
JimWest Online   happy
))<>((

Originally Posted By: MICHHAWK

We are going to test your theory this season. We will lose more games this season than we are accustomed to. We will see how that works out for us in the ncaa's.

My guess is not very good. But we shall see.

That is a flawed experiment. You are assuming that I am saying that losses in February = wins in March, which I clearly am not saying. I suggest you re-enroll in fourth grade so that you can learn basic reading comprehension.

The point is that Bill Self and the fans need to stop caring so much about the regular conference season. It puts too much pressure on the team to excel and they end up peaking early year after year. This year they are collapsing due to injury and the pressure is still being kept up. Self and the fans are still putting undue pressure on the team to get a worthless regular season "championship." Once KU gives up on the idea that conference performance matters, they can start to play loose again and focus on the games that do matter - the tournament. If the streak ends this year, and KU recognizes the pointlessness of it all (which they should because it will take over a decade to regain such a streak), then the teams will start to play loose again. KU had far superior tournament performance under Roy Williams, who didn't care about the regular season.

#2038437 - 02/08/19 01:35 PM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: JimWest]
Original AFH Gangsta

Jimbo kind of makes sense...then I remember its Jimbo and no he really doesnt...

#2038438 - 02/08/19 02:07 PM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: JimWest]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Hard to take someone serious if their rally cry is "we need to lose more."

#2038439 - 02/08/19 02:44 PM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: MICHHAWK]
JimWest Online   happy
))<>((

Originally Posted By: MICHHAWK
Hard to take someone serious if their rally cry is "we need to lose more."

Yeah, that's not at all what I said and either you already knew that or you are badly in need of taking a remedial reading class.

#2038441 - 02/08/19 03:06 PM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: MICHHAWK]
parkhawk3319 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

The only thing that sounds sillier is "peaking at the right time". Are there "peaking" drills they do in practice and the genius coaches hold that special shet back for tourney time? Do the players have a "peaking" meal they eat before games? Are there "peaking" speeches the coaches give in the locker room at proper "peaking" times? Is there a max duration for "peaking"? If not why not "peak" on game 1 and carry it through the season? We "peaked" last year at the end of the season and won the conference and conference tourney and made it to the Final Four with a team that looked like a dud in January. And Duke was "peaking" but we out peaked 'em in the tourney. And then Villanova "peaked" the shet out of us in the Final Four. Players go out every game with the intent to play as hard and as well as they can and win. With 19-22 year old kids sometimes they got it, sometimes they don't. Players get on a roll like Vick did early in the season and then they fall apart or the team loses some important piece like Dok and then adds a new piece like Agbaji and so the season is a "make it up on the fly" sorta thing. When does Self usually start the "peaking" drills/meals/pep talks? I wonder why a guy who has been at it as long as he has didn't figure out the proper timing for "peaking" yet. Did Wooden use "peaking" techniques to win all those trophies at UCLA? Someone should write a book on this "peaking" stuff, every coach out there would buy a copy I think.

#2038442 - 02/08/19 04:02 PM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: JimWest]
tophawk87 Offline
John Brown

Loc: Dallas, TX
Also tired of the one-and-dones. They come here to use KU to make it to The Show. Let's go get some 4 year guys and get back to building a Team.

#2038445 - 02/08/19 06:39 PM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: JimWest]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
KU had far superior tournament performance under Roy Williams,

That is factually untrue. Roy lost several games he was favored to win.

#2038446 - 02/08/19 06:42 PM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: JimWest]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO

willing to take more losses? Since when is a loss a good thing? You're a moron.

#2038451 - 02/08/19 07:06 PM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: 58hawk]
Original AFH Gangsta

Originally Posted By: 58hawk

Huckleberry never ever lost in the first game...Bill lost twice to the killer Bs. Roi did lose a few times in the round of 32 to the likes of UTEP ..Rhode Island...Duke ..and Kentucky...

#2038549 - 02/11/19 10:31 AM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: PHOGUSHER]
parkhawk3319 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Huckleberry never ever lost in the first game...Bill lost twice to the killer Bs. Roi did lose a few times in the round of 32 to the likes of UTEP ..Rhode Island...Duke ..and Kentucky...

Roy never won the last game when he was here, Bill has. First and second and third round outs.....an out is an out. I don't have any t-shirts or even memories of the first round outs, I have t-shirts from the last game wins.

#2038552 - 02/11/19 11:21 AM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: parkhawk3319]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Tonights game is an elimination game. We win, we are still in the hunt. We don't, it's over.

#2038554 - 02/11/19 11:28 AM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: JimWest]
Original AFH Gangsta

Wrong as per norm...

#2038555 - 02/11/19 11:31 AM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: parkhawk3319]
Original AFH Gangsta

Roy never won the last game when he was here, Bill has. First and second and third round outs.....an out is an out. I don't have any t-shirts or even memories of the first round outs, I have t-shirts from the last game wins.

You have one from Bill's tenure at old KU...In the same time period UNC's fans have 3 from Roi's same length tenure on Chumpel Hill...

#2038568 - 02/11/19 04:20 PM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Max Falkenstien

You have one from Bill's tenure at old KU...In the same time period UNC's fans have 3 from Roi's same length tenure on Chumpel Hill...

Roy's wins at UNC don't help his record at KU. He still has no NCAA championships at KU. 'Spect that will never change.

#2038571 - 02/11/19 04:47 PM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: Jayhawk1952]
KYBLUEBLOOD Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Roy has been very successful at UNC. One thing that helps is somehow he can get 5* players that stick around for 4 years. It has to be hard to convince the players to pass up a few million or perhaps 100 mil.

#2038575 - 02/11/19 05:57 PM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: JimWest]
Original AFH Gangsta

Excuses made for UNC are too rich. I blame it on our hick Kansas plowbilly mentality...have any of you local lokels ever been to North Carolina..I have...that state is 10x more scenic than Kanasssss. ..fact.

#2038579 - 02/11/19 08:01 PM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: PHOGUSHER]
KYBLUEBLOOD Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Blue ridge mountains to the ocean. Beautiful state, a friend has lived in the OBX and has several pizza restaurants in Duck, Kitty Hawk, etc. about 6 in total so he and his family have a great life in North Carolina.......cheer for Kentucky of course. This guys grandfather played for Rupp.

#2038582 - 02/11/19 08:57 PM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: JimWest]
Original AFH Gangsta

I dont care...die...die...lol.

#2038591 - 02/11/19 10:41 PM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: JimWest]
Max Falkenstien

It is said that Hawaii is really scenic, but it doesn't seem to help their basketball. So what does scenic have to do with UNC basketball? Or KU basketball?

#2038604 - 02/12/19 06:45 AM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: Jayhawk1952]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: Jayhawk1952
It is said that Hawaii is really scenic, but it doesn't seem to help their basketball. So what does scenic have to do with UNC basketball? Or KU basketball?
It's all about the pizza being over the top there. Kansas City BBQ? Kids WANT pizza, Trump knew that...

#2038606 - 02/12/19 07:13 AM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: PHOGUSHER]
KYBLUEBLOOD Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I dont care...die...die...lol.

We all die sometime. Do you think KU will have over 8 National Championships when your time comes?

#2038616 - 02/12/19 09:19 AM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: JimWest]
Original AFH Gangsta

No...

#2038617 - 02/12/19 09:34 AM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: PHOGUSHER]
KYBLUEBLOOD Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Kansas still has a good team. Loaded with McDAA players, could be a dangerous team come tournament time. They could get it all together and make a run like 2014 UK. Vick could make a huge difference if he played like he did in Nov and Dec.

#2038618 - 02/12/19 11:34 AM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: JimWest]
Original AFH Gangsta

Mark my words Kensuck..Vick wont be back and KU will be better for it.

#2038625 - 02/12/19 12:54 PM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: PHOGUSHER]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
No...
My time isn't as limited as KentuckyBH, yes.

#2038635 - 02/12/19 02:13 PM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: JimWest]
Original AFH Gangsta

Lol..KU aint getting 8 titles in your life...Helms dont count. 6 maybe..not 8...

#2038636 - 02/12/19 03:09 PM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: PHOGUSHER]
KYBLUEBLOOD Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Mark my words Kensuck..Vick wont be back and KU will be better for it.

. That’s really possible. Once Quade Green transferred we have been better.

#2038653 - 02/12/19 10:56 PM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: JimWest]
Jaycat92 Offline
Max Falkenstien

This season has been full of head scratching moves by Self and this team. Dok getting hurt and not playing McCormack more in late December and early January. Starting the season with Ochai being a redshirt.........? Vick being our best perimeter player.....and seeing a team play with no chemistry. Now, having a player have a meltdown because he wasn't getting enough touches........We will see how far this team goes, but in recent years I don't remember seeing a team with so many head cases and ego's to feed, and by the way, this team is in a tie for 2nd place in the Big 12.

#2038655 - 02/13/19 05:14 AM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: JimWest]
madcapper Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Ozarks
How can one not expect a final 4. We have oad's, 5 star athletes plus mickey d's. Tenn can do nothing, not a single 5 star on roster. Hell the big 12 is ku's as ksu, tt, isu and baylor have none or at the most one 5 star athlete. I' ve read on this board how oad are the way to go so a sure thing it must be ku's.

#2038664 - 02/13/19 10:41 AM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: JimWest]
Original AFH Gangsta

Sarcasm thy name is Madcapper...lol. I actually think they are playing fairly good now. Vick WILL NOT be back and that is a good thing. No matter how well he was scoring or not he was a pariah for our team. It produced bad team chemistry and the team looks like they are having fun for the first time all season.

Do we win the B12..who knows..S16 at best in the tournament but get a hot streak and maybe its a F4. No matter this year has been interesting.

Edited by PHOGUSHER (02/13/19 10:42 AM)

#2038668 - 02/13/19 02:18 PM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: PHOGUSHER]
KYBLUEBLOOD Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Kansas did seem better but it would be nice to have him back if he was on as far as hitting 3’s come March. You have to wish him well and hope it’s not something to do with taking cash when he was traveling around to various camps to try and make the NBA.

We lost and deserved to lose. I don’t care if it was basket interference, they shouldn’t give up a lead.
The rule on that will probably change next year, Review in last few minutes or whatever. The rule on shot click violations got changed after our 38-0 team got cheated on 2 no calls on obvious [censored] clock violations.

#2038670 - 02/13/19 03:51 PM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: JimWest]
Jaycat92 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Who on this team is consider a lock for one and done? A lock? I don't see Wiggins, Embiid, Oubre, or any one similar. I see Frank Mason, Wayne SEldon, and Devonte Graham as freshmen on this current roster. Don't see any OADS...................I all expect going forward is a huge NCAA investigation, possible infractions, vacated games and Final 4. Don't care about hypothetical Final 4 appearances at this moment.

#2038672 - 02/13/19 05:09 PM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: JimWest]
KYBLUEBLOOD Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Has anyone heard the tapes from the FBI or have they not released them? Originally they said Sean Miller and a couple of his assistants are on wiretaps.A couple assistants have been fired.
Pitino was as well but he and his assistants were all fired.

Self is loyal to friends but Kurtis Townsend is allegedly on the wiretaps. I guess someone has listened to him saying he’d work something out to get Zion. Should KU fire him to give the appearance of no tolerance.

#2038678 - 02/13/19 06:27 PM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: JimWest]
Original AFH Gangsta

Kyjelly trying to stir up shiiiit as always. Hey guess what we dont care about what a fan of a team that has the most crooked coach of all time thinks about our program. Please go away.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Preview