Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2038399 - 02/07/19 12:58 PM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: PHOGUSHER]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Port Huron MI
Snowflakes make excuses. Got anymore excuses snowflake.

#2038403 - 02/07/19 04:21 PM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: JimWest]
PHOGUSHER Online   content
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Lol...that was a bit harsh. But most likely true.

#2038404 - 02/07/19 04:32 PM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: JimWest]
madcapper Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Ozarks
Wow Phog, i sense some insecure, deep seeded hostility.

#2038405 - 02/07/19 05:21 PM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: JimWest]
Original AFH Gangsta

Nah...its just michhawk is an idiot. But I should not let the simpleton bother me. I will delete that nasty reply and will no longer respond to his stoic boring same old posts..I am better than that.

Edited by PHOGUSHER (02/07/19 05:23 PM)

#2038419 - 02/07/19 11:46 PM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: parkhawk3319]
JimWest Online   happy
))<>((

Originally Posted By: parkhawk3319
Originally Posted By: JimWest
Only in defeat can Kansas regain its focus on what really matters: the tournament.

Yes! Only when KU stops focusing on winning games can it refocus on what really matters....winning games! I sure hope Self is listening; he can benefit from this sort of wisdom.

No, the point is that Self teams peak too early each season because he is overly focused on winning the conference. If he were willing to take more losses in February, his teams would not be so burnt out in March.

#2038429 - 02/08/19 10:43 AM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: JimWest]
Original AFH Gangsta

I have been posting that for years. Oh crap does that mean I might be gay....ITS FABULOUS..lol. All kidding aside I dont really think any coach of a blueblood team doesnt try to win every game be it regular season or post. Now dumping a B12 tournament game is a different story. Especially if they already won the regular season conference title...

#2038431 - 02/08/19 11:05 AM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: JimWest]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

No, the point is that Self teams peak too early each season because he is overly focused on winning the conference. If he were willing to take more losses in February, his teams would not be so burnt out in March.

We are going to test your theory this season. We will lose more games this season than we are accustomed to. We will see how that works out for us in the ncaa's.

My guess is not very good. But we shall see.

#2038434 - 02/08/19 12:17 PM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: JimWest]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

We are 2-4 in out last 6. Following your theory, we should light it up.

We will see.

#2038435 - 02/08/19 12:56 PM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: MICHHAWK]
JimWest Online   happy
))<>((

Originally Posted By: MICHHAWK

We are going to test your theory this season. We will lose more games this season than we are accustomed to. We will see how that works out for us in the ncaa's.

My guess is not very good. But we shall see.

That is a flawed experiment. You are assuming that I am saying that losses in February = wins in March, which I clearly am not saying. I suggest you re-enroll in fourth grade so that you can learn basic reading comprehension.

The point is that Bill Self and the fans need to stop caring so much about the regular conference season. It puts too much pressure on the team to excel and they end up peaking early year after year. This year they are collapsing due to injury and the pressure is still being kept up. Self and the fans are still putting undue pressure on the team to get a worthless regular season "championship." Once KU gives up on the idea that conference performance matters, they can start to play loose again and focus on the games that do matter - the tournament. If the streak ends this year, and KU recognizes the pointlessness of it all (which they should because it will take over a decade to regain such a streak), then the teams will start to play loose again. KU had far superior tournament performance under Roy Williams, who didn't care about the regular season.

#2038437 - 02/08/19 01:35 PM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: JimWest]
Original AFH Gangsta

Jimbo kind of makes sense...then I remember its Jimbo and no he really doesnt...

#2038438 - 02/08/19 02:07 PM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: JimWest]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Hard to take someone serious if their rally cry is "we need to lose more."

#2038439 - 02/08/19 02:44 PM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: MICHHAWK]
JimWest Online   happy
))<>((

Originally Posted By: MICHHAWK
Hard to take someone serious if their rally cry is "we need to lose more."

Yeah, that's not at all what I said and either you already knew that or you are badly in need of taking a remedial reading class.

#2038441 - 02/08/19 03:06 PM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: MICHHAWK]
parkhawk3319 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Bohemia
The only thing that sounds sillier is "peaking at the right time". Are there "peaking" drills they do in practice and the genius coaches hold that special shet back for tourney time? Do the players have a "peaking" meal they eat before games? Are there "peaking" speeches the coaches give in the locker room at proper "peaking" times? Is there a max duration for "peaking"? If not why not "peak" on game 1 and carry it through the season? We "peaked" last year at the end of the season and won the conference and conference tourney and made it to the Final Four with a team that looked like a dud in January. And Duke was "peaking" but we out peaked 'em in the tourney. And then Villanova "peaked" the shet out of us in the Final Four. Players go out every game with the intent to play as hard and as well as they can and win. With 19-22 year old kids sometimes they got it, sometimes they don't. Players get on a roll like Vick did early in the season and then they fall apart or the team loses some important piece like Dok and then adds a new piece like Agbaji and so the season is a "make it up on the fly" sorta thing. When does Self usually start the "peaking" drills/meals/pep talks? I wonder why a guy who has been at it as long as he has didn't figure out the proper timing for "peaking" yet. Did Wooden use "peaking" techniques to win all those trophies at UCLA? Someone should write a book on this "peaking" stuff, every coach out there would buy a copy I think.

#2038442 - 02/08/19 04:02 PM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: JimWest]
tophawk87 Offline
John Brown

Loc: Dallas, TX
Also tired of the one-and-dones. They come here to use KU to make it to The Show. Let's go get some 4 year guys and get back to building a Team.

#2038445 - 02/08/19 06:39 PM Re: It's time for the streak to end [Re: JimWest]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
KU had far superior tournament performance under Roy Williams,

That is factually untrue. Roy lost several games he was favored to win.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Preview