Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2038165 - 02/02/19 10:01 AM Captain Bill Self
PHOGUSHER Online   content
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
of the loose ship known as the KU basketball program. Lets face reality folks maybe the program deserves this streak of bad luck. From the Morris brothers BB shootings....Tyshawn screwing women on the Jhawk at AFH..Giles beating up girlfriends...and multiple other incidents the streak of Cliff...Preston...now Silvio getting shutdown by the powers that be are justified punishment directed at Self.

1I really dont recall Roi having issues like that with out of control off court incidents. Roi with 3 star guys got us to 4 F4s ( one more than Self in one less yr). Self recently going with the prima donnas that he doesnt try to discipline for their off court acts of stupidity has cost us. Our program has a black eye and perhaps it is time for Self to go. If that happens I suggest hiring one guy. ..Robert Montgomery Knight...ok just kidding but maybe someone similar that wont tolerate out of control players..KU might be in for some bad seasons if something doesnt change quick.

Edited by PHOGUSHER (02/02/19 10:08 AM)

#2038169 - 02/02/19 10:23 AM Re: Captain Bill Self [Re: PHOGUSHER]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

If the NCAA starts throwing the book at everyone, I don't think it will serve to clean up major college athletics. The big money and its influences will still be around. It is more likely to spark a rebellion among those with the most to lose.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like or condone off-court misconduct or rule breaking for recruits. I'm just recognizing reality and have no answer for a cure.

#2038170 - 02/02/19 10:41 AM Re: Captain Bill Self [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Original AFH Gangsta

Really wasnt stating there was a cure...just my thoughts on why we are having a few years of bad luck. If Silvio and Preston went to Sparty or Duke I am pretty sure they would have played...

#2038173 - 02/02/19 10:56 AM Re: Captain Bill Self [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Jaycat92 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Nebraska
Worst case scenario is we vacate last years Final 4, Big 12 title, and wins after January. Silvio was not a part of this team until then if that sounds right.........

Gush- I made some points in the same nature on a post last night. Ol' Roy has done things the right way for the most part. We won games, we recruited legit NBA players. Collison, Hinrich, Gooden, Pierce, Vaughn, Pollard, and Raef. Just a few off the top of my head. Won as many games or more with those players. Bill has upped the recruiting, but only one natty with those players and they were 3 year guys when they won. Whatever......

I think it is time to loo ahead and at least consider replacing Bill, if we get the hammer thrown down. I think in all likelihood, thats coming sooner than later. I like to think we go and get Jerad Haase. He won at UAB. Stanfords acedemics are so unreal I dont see him ever getting good enough recruits to come there. I think he could here, and I think his Roy system, Roy taught values would go a long way here.

#2038176 - 02/02/19 11:55 AM Re: Captain Bill Self [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Original AFH Gangsta

Hell no...not Haase...some hot young blood from a mid major. It doesnt have to be a KU guy...Self is good ...very good. But I query what Roi or any other good coach could have done with the same talent Bill has had at old KU. I have proposed my brother that has coached high school and midfle school bball could have coached our 08 team to a title.

#2038180 - 02/02/19 12:48 PM Re: Captain Bill Self [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Trance Land
College kids making mistakes.... It happens.

Add a couple of college athletes becoming academic inelgible, loss of a family member, sickness, loss of financial supports, becoming a parent in college unplanned, some even get married in college..

#2038183 - 02/02/19 01:35 PM Re: Captain Bill Self [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Jaycat92 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Nebraska
Dont like Jerad Haase?

#2038184 - 02/02/19 02:10 PM Re: Captain Bill Self [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Original AFH Gangsta

Not really...but if he is the best available then go for it. Right now I dont care much who it is...and that is all on me. When I lived out eaat for 31 yrs KU bball was a way to remind me of home and with Roi they pulled off wins that made me proud...it was unique back then for me. After moving back 5 yrs ago it was fun at first but eventually the over the top arrogant KU fans started rubbing me the wrong way.

I usually joke when I say or post on fb to Fire Bill Self...some of the local yokels want to fight for saying such...hell a bartender at my watering hole almost refused to serve me for posting such...like I always stated KU fans especially the ones that never move away are thin skinned about their Jayhawks...as far as who I would like as Self's replacement I need to do some research and I will get back with you.

Edited by PHOGUSHER (02/02/19 02:14 PM)

#2038185 - 02/02/19 02:26 PM Re: Captain Bill Self [Re: PHOGUSHER]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Jacque Vaughn is currently an assistant coach for the Nets and was head coach for the Magic for a couple of years. Four year student athlete with a 3.94 GPA. Might turn out to be a good college coach if the right situation came up.

#2038187 - 02/02/19 02:48 PM Re: Captain Bill Self [Re: Jaycat92]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Max Falkenstien

[quote=Gush- I made some points in the same nature on a post last night. Ol' Roy has done things the right way for the most part. We won games, we recruited legit NBA players. Collison, Hinrich, Gooden, Pierce, Vaughn, Pollard, and Raef. Just a few off the top of my head. Won as many games or more with those players. [/quote]

Get your facts correct. Roy had a 418 - 101 (.805) record at KU and has a 440 - 132 (.772) record at UNC. Bill's record at KU is 447 - 95 (.823). The pre-school class at UNC did happen under Roy. The scandals Bill is accused of have not remotely been proven, they are hearsay.

Preview