Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2038149 - 02/01/19 05:52 PM NCAA ruling
rockchalkjjjhawk Offline
Seer

So I guess we can anticipate that ACC type universities will get the same type rulings going forward... Oh yeah, I forgot, places like duk don’t really play by the same rules with their ability to use their non-public status and protect what is almost certainly some level of promises, whether pre-sign or post-leave.

#2038162 - 02/02/19 12:38 AM Re: NCAA ruling [Re: rockchalkjjjhawk]
Jaycat92 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Nebraska
This is why we are not reeling in 5 star players right now as well. We are being somewhat railroaded, and all at the same time, we might have brought some of this on too ourselves as well. OF all the blueblood programs, we have had more players arrive here, either never play or play some and sit out, what ever the arrangments were now.

Cliff, Billy, Silvio, Selby, and who ever else. We have had a line of these players come here and not either play or sit for long periods.

I don't know if I am really concerned with our future or just really disappointed in all of this. Good ol'Roy might not be perfect, but we never really had these kind of issues with his players and coaches did we? Time for a new era to begin.............maybe.........were better than this, and shouldn't have our name and brand tarnished over players like the caliber and likes we are discussing.

I don't know if I am calling for a new coach, but I am calling for a clean up of our recruiting. Give me all the Masons, Grahams, Trobs, Morningstars, Relefords, Reeds, Witheys, and Sherrons out there and we will still win more than we lose.

Preview