Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2038100 - 01/30/19 08:49 AM Don't Jump Ship Yet
Jayhawk1952 Online   content
Max Falkenstien

Yes, the road ahead is looking really tough. But all is not yet lost.

The team needs a leader to come forward. Hopefully Dotson can do that. That would help the team to come together, which they desperately need to do. That would certainly help D. Lawson from disappearing as he did at Texas, would hopefully help wake up Vick and help contribute to keeping Garrett more offensively consistent.

Agbaji is really starting to get it all together, that gives some hope.

Grimes and McCormack (another Silvio?) need to get it all together, hopefully they will.

These seven clicking together would take us a long way. The slim chance of Silvio being cleared would be gravy. Even if just some of the above happens, it would really be a boost.

Yes, Self has his work cut out for him.

#2038101 - 01/30/19 09:48 AM Re: Don't Jump Ship Yet [Re: Jayhawk1952]
PHOGUSHER Online   content
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
I guess the western Kansas alfafee dust has clogged your ears and blurred your eyes. Read my previous posts. This team is lacking chemistry...if Lawson tried to lead the freshmen wouldnt listen...if Dotson tried to lead the transfers wont listen. The 3 transfers and 3 freshmen mix as well as oil and water. I am afraid nothing will fix this team. Dump the transfers after the season and rebuild with recruits. Maybe in 2 or 3 yrs we can contend again.

#2038102 - 01/30/19 09:54 AM Re: Don't Jump Ship Yet [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Original AFH Gangsta

Plus Self's coaching ability has declined. He told Holly Rowe after half he was going with 2 bigs the rest of the game to battle Tejas length. Nope he put the original starting lineup in..not playing McCormack is a huge mistake...at least he could kind of stopped their bigs who scored at ease over Garrett and Lawson. He admitted he hasnt coached this team correctly in his presser. Damn Bill if so change something..

#2038103 - 01/30/19 12:06 PM Re: Don't Jump Ship Yet [Re: PHOGUSHER]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: reservation lake, mn
i've seen this play before. we'll see how txt does in afh before making any claims about ku's demise, thank you.

#2038105 - 01/30/19 01:21 PM Re: Don't Jump Ship Yet [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Original AFH Gangsta

GO AWAY.....

#2038106 - 01/30/19 01:34 PM Re: Don't Jump Ship Yet [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Max Falkenstien

Self is a great coach, but certainly not perfect, as is no other coach or human being. What works with one team doesn't work with another. There's always continual adjustments needing to be made. Sometime they are figured out quickly and sometimes not so quickly. Then there's always limitations with the personnel.

Sounds like timmy may be a little concerned about all the previous times the demise of the Jayhawks have been predicted.

#2038107 - 01/30/19 01:41 PM Re: Don't Jump Ship Yet [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Original AFH Gangsta

He just might be right this time...I will yell this time...NO TEAM CHEMISTRY EQUALS A MEDIOCRE SEASON...

#2038108 - 01/30/19 02:31 PM Re: Don't Jump Ship Yet [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Max Falkenstien

"The team needs a leader to come forward. Hopefully Dotson can do that. That would help the team to come together, which they desperately need to do."

The above is a quote from my original post (the bold print added). I think it says the same thing as, "NO TEAM CHEMISTRY," quoting you.

#2038109 - 01/30/19 02:54 PM Re: Don't Jump Ship Yet [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Original AFH Gangsta

Too old to understand. These guys just dont want to get on the same page. A bunch of "me" ball from these guys. Let me ask you something. Have you ever seen them huddle up on the court after a play like you see most teams do...I cant recall that happening. None of them are smiling...hanging their heads. Not good.

#2038110 - 01/30/19 02:57 PM Re: Don't Jump Ship Yet [Re: Jayhawk1952]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: Jayhawk1952
Self is a great coach, but certainly not perfect, as is no other coach or human being. What works with one team doesn't work with another. There's always continual adjustments needing to be made. Sometime they are figured out quickly and sometimes not so quickly. Then there's always limitations with the personnel.

Sounds like timmy may be a little concerned about all the previous times the demise of the Jayhawks have been predicted.

yeah, i still remember jacob pullen's top 10 team going to take down ku. whew!

#2038112 - 01/30/19 04:31 PM Re: Don't Jump Ship Yet [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Original AFH Gangsta

Just because KSuck cant actually take the conference from us does'nt mean we are that good. We can be mediocre for a KU team and still finish ahead of them suckas. But hey if it's not is I dont have a problem if KSUCK wins the B12. I am good like that...

#2038113 - 01/30/19 05:03 PM Re: Don't Jump Ship Yet [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Max Falkenstien

Originally Posted By: PHOGUSHER
Too old to understand. These guys just dont want to get on the same page. A bunch of "me" ball from these guys. Let me ask you something. Have you ever seen them huddle up on the court after a play like you see most teams do...I cant recall that happening. None of them are smiling...hanging their heads. Not good.

Probably past time for a players only team meeting. but to do that there has to be a leader, which we don't have.

#2038114 - 01/30/19 05:14 PM Re: Don't Jump Ship Yet [Re: tmcats]
Max Falkenstien

Originally Posted By: tmcats
Originally Posted By: Jayhawk1952

yeah, i still remember jacob pullen's top 10 team going to take down ku. whew!

Remind us who came out on top of the two schools that year in the conference season, conference tourney as well as the NCAA Tourney. Yeah, we let you have a little fun once in a while.

#2038115 - 01/30/19 05:29 PM Re: Don't Jump Ship Yet [Re: Jayhawk1952]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Not sure that bringing Vick back was the right move. He is not the senior leader and looks disengaged, not locked-in, mind elsewhere when he's on the floor. Grimes I can overlook because he's a freshman and many freshman go through this. Vick is a senior with no excuses.

#2038125 - 01/31/19 10:32 AM Re: Don't Jump Ship Yet [Re: AlOerter]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

when a head case is fundamental to success, you're bound for trouble at some point. that said, presently methinks ku's championship fortunes lie in indy not afh.

as the season plays out, it seems iowa state might pull this thing off defrocking ku. the twisters have a less difficult task before them than others and it's coupled with a deep, talented roster. personally, i'm not sure prohm is up to task, but we shall see. it won't be for lack of dudes if they don't win it all.

#2038128 - 01/31/19 12:24 PM Re: Don't Jump Ship Yet [Re: tmcats]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Port Huron MI
The fact is, KU ain't been very good since The Big Fella got hurt. He ain't coming back.

I do not expect KANSAS to win the league this season. Not a big deal.

#2038130 - 01/31/19 12:55 PM Re: Don't Jump Ship Yet [Re: MICHHAWK]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

it certainly is a big deal. it will stop the 14 year b12 run that media pounds us with year after bloody year.

#2038131 - 01/31/19 01:20 PM Re: Don't Jump Ship Yet [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Max Falkenstien

The BIG deal is that KU has won 14 straight conference championships and no other div. one school has ever done that, including the k-state puddy cats. # 15 would only be more gravy. We'll take it if it happens and rejoice that we still have he record if # 15 doesn't happen. Sounds like there's a lot of jealousy west of us and probably throughout the Big IX! The JJayhawks certainly wear a humongous target on their backs -- every game.

#2038132 - 01/31/19 01:27 PM Re: Don't Jump Ship Yet [Re: Jayhawk1952]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

it's not flattering the remaining conference members to have seen this happen, cheatin' aside, and will certainly be a grande to see it end regardless who ends it. obviously, best if taken down by lil bro though.

#2038134 - 01/31/19 05:56 PM Re: Don't Jump Ship Yet [Re: Jayhawk1952]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I think Self should scrap this 4 guard stuff and go back to the old high low post with McCormack low and Dedric high. Lawson has the perfect skill set to play the high post. Texas clogged the lane and denied Dedric. The high post would give him room to operate and enable him to use his mid-range jumper when available. It would also draw a rebounder farther away from the basket and give McCormack some dunk opportunities. Dedric's passing skills are perfect for this.

Passing around the perimeter or driving and kicking to the open shooter hasn't worked for us.

#2038141 - 02/01/19 02:49 PM Re: Don't Jump Ship Yet [Re: AlOerter]
moose1 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Wichita
Originally Posted By: AlOerter
I think Self should scrap this 4 guard stuff and go back to the old high low post with McCormack low and Dedric high. Lawson has the perfect skill set to play the high post. Texas clogged the lane and denied Dedric. The high post would give him room to operate and enable him to use his mid-range jumper when available. It would also draw a rebounder farther away from the basket and give McCormack some dunk opportunities. Dedric's passing skills are perfect for this.

Passing around the perimeter or driving and kicking to the open shooter hasn't worked for us.

Couldn't hurt. Might as well change things up. KU should rebound better that way. Don't lose much on athleticism, since KU isn't that athletic anyway. Not this year. Either way Grimes HAS to get better. KU needs to get another ball handler. Right now I see too many deficiencies and not enough time to fix them. I would be ok trying your lineup out

#2038144 - 02/01/19 04:46 PM Re: Don't Jump Ship Yet [Re: moose1]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Trance Land
Grimes is at his peak. A college basketball player with high accolades in high school that didn't perform the same level in college.

#2038145 - 02/01/19 05:19 PM Re: Don't Jump Ship Yet [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Original AFH Gangsta

Now ya plowbillies can jump ship. Silvio was just determined illegible for the season. I guess michhawk will be the only one happy about that...that sorry p.o.s. can say he told us so ..he told us so..nah nah ne nu nu...

#2038146 - 02/01/19 05:25 PM Re: Don't Jump Ship Yet [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Original AFH Gangsta

Damn he was ruled not to be able to play next season either. Self is blasting the NCAA big time. What a bunch of dikheads...must be related to michhawk. Silvio has to head for Euro ball I guess. NCAA ruined this guys chance for a great career. Bunch of boolsheat..

#2038160 - 02/02/19 12:13 AM Re: Don't Jump Ship Yet [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Jaycat92 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Nebraska
I expect more to come from this as well. I am guessing we vacate last years Final 4, and 14th league title. Self blasted the NCAA, they won't hold back now. I think the end is near for Self here as well. I think all the fine lines and grey areas he has manipulated in the past is all going to catch up with him now. Don't know how I honestly feel about any of this, except sorry for Silvio, I think he was not a part of this activity.

Are we the only ones guilty of such wrong doing.....I don't think so. Are we a good scape goat to flush down the drain to prove a point, I think very much so.

#2038163 - 02/02/19 01:12 AM Re: Don't Jump Ship Yet [Re: Jayhawk1952]
madcapper Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Ozarks
This is todays problem with college athletics. We have gotten away from education and amateurism and put the focus on money.

#2038194 - 02/02/19 05:40 PM Re: Don't Jump Ship Yet [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Max Falkenstien

What a turnaround today! Hopefully it's the beginning of many more. If so, the ship has been righted. And that was without Garrett.

#2038195 - 02/02/19 06:21 PM Re: Don't Jump Ship Yet [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Original AFH Gangsta

No old plowbilly. KU always win on CBS....but it was a good win. KSuck is up 25 on da Pokes at Stoolwater...they will stomp us on Tuesday.

#2038196 - 02/02/19 07:26 PM Re: Don't Jump Ship Yet [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Original AFH Gangsta

Or not...

#2038197 - 02/02/19 07:41 PM Re: Don't Jump Ship Yet [Re: Jayhawk1952]
moose1 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Wichita
I didn't see that happening. KU looked good. I think they play better without Garrett. He is just so bad on offense it is like the defense is playing 5 on 4. I thought Grimes was better. Still needs to get better still. I liked even though he didnt shoot great, he did hit a couple threes, and I liked that he had 4 assists and 0 turnovers. In general he looked more aggressive. I would like to see the backups play more minutes, not because they are all that great it would just be nice to give the guys more of a blow. I would like to see 30 minutes max to keep them fresher. All in all a nice win. Definitely needed that one, but there is a LONG way to go.

#2038198 - 02/02/19 07:56 PM Re: Don't Jump Ship Yet [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Original AFH Gangsta

Didnt see what happening sucka...We beat T Tech like that we can beat anybody....got it...

#2038227 - 02/04/19 05:00 PM Re: Don't Jump Ship Yet [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Max Falkenstien

After reading Matt Tait's article, Freshman guard Ochai Agbaji emerging as an obvious leader for Kansas basketball, maybe Agbaji is what the doctor ordered for our team leader. Glad he shared this, kind of hard to pick up on the details he shared watching the games on TV. The TT game was really encouraging!

#2038232 - 02/04/19 07:55 PM Re: Don't Jump Ship Yet [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Original AFH Gangsta

We dropped 2 spots in the AP poll. We are the only team to beat #1 at a neutral site. Obviously the gay sports journaliats dont take in account Quandrant 1 wins... I think KU is 12-2 on those...much more than any other team...fukkk those faghggs..

#2038242 - 02/05/19 10:00 AM Re: Don't Jump Ship Yet [Re: PHOGUSHER]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Port Huron MI
That tenn game was 10 weeks ago.

#2038254 - 02/05/19 06:21 PM Re: Don't Jump Ship Yet [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Original AFH Gangsta

Stfu...that doesnt change the fact that KU beat them..Dok doesnt get hurt..Silvio isnt suspended most likely KU is still # 1 with only 1 loss. 7-1 with Dok...10-4 without him. But word has it is Duke is actually your favorite team...we should have known.

#2038760 - 02/16/19 05:19 PM Re: Don't Jump Ship Yet [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Max Falkenstien

Refusing to jump ship is looking better and better. KU's destiny is totally in their own hands now. Win out and at least a tie for the conference is guaranteed.

#2038763 - 02/16/19 06:01 PM Re: Don't Jump Ship Yet [Re: Jayhawk1952]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
The game at Tech is going to be tough. They seem to have gotten their moxie back. Maybe Garrett will be back for this one?

#2038764 - 02/16/19 06:17 PM Re: Don't Jump Ship Yet [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Max Falkenstien

TT is probably our toughest game left. The good news is that we are staring to come together as a team. Our bench has been much better. Everything's better and we can get much better. We have a week to get ready for TT. Getting Garrett back will help us as soon as he's in game shape.

#2038768 - 02/16/19 07:54 PM Re: Don't Jump Ship Yet [Re: Jayhawk1952]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Heard David Lawrence on post-game saying people who doubted this team are "fair-weather fans". I have publicly doubted them on this forum and I want to respond to that.

I don't presume to speak for anyone but myself here. I certainly doubted this team could win # 15 based on their play for several weeks. I never stopped hoping they would turn it around or stopped rooting for them. I went to my first game in the Phog in 1966 and have never left a game early to beat the traffic or for any other reason.

I don't think realistically evaluating a team based on their performance is fair-weather. I think saying that you never doubted this team after watching them blow late game leads and looking like they weren't having fun playing basketball could be construed as a little disingenuous.

#2038769 - 02/16/19 07:56 PM Re: Don't Jump Ship Yet [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Original AFH Gangsta

Dum dum 58...Bill is going to play the same 5 he started today against TTech...with a side of KJ and Mitch...Garrett will be rusty and shouldnt see the floor. I would think you local yokels woukd know more about basketball than you do...but you dont.....

#2038770 - 02/16/19 08:00 PM Re: Don't Jump Ship Yet [Re: AlOerter]
Original AFH Gangsta

Heard David Lawrence on post-game saying people who doubted this team are "fair-weather fans". I have publicly doubted them on this forum and I want to respond to that.

I don't presume to speak for anyone but myself here. I certainly doubted this team could win # 15 based on their play for several weeks. I never stopped hoping they would turn it around or stopped rooting for them. I went to my first game in the Phog in 1966 and have never left a game early to beat the traffic or for any other reason.

I don't think realistically evaluating a team based on their performance is fair-weather. I think saying that you never doubted this team after watching them blow late game leads and looking like they weren't having fun playing basketball could be construed as a little disingenuous.

Sheeat discus hed...you have given up on this team many times...I did too but never claimed I did not...I could cut and paste many of your posts when you stated we were no good...quit lying sucka

#2038771 - 02/16/19 08:07 PM Re: Don't Jump Ship Yet [Re: PHOGUSHER]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: PHOGUSHER

Sheeat discus hed...you have given up on this team many times...I did too but never claimed I did not...I could cut and paste many of your posts when you stated we were no good...quit lying sucka

Disgusted, disappointed - yes. Given up no. To me, giving up means quit hoping. I never quit hoping for better and I don't believe you did either. - sucka.

#2038773 - 02/16/19 09:32 PM Re: Don't Jump Ship Yet [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Original AFH Gangsta

No...but you probably called them out more than I did if that is possible. I think they have righted the ship and its mainly because Vick is gone...they win 3.5 games since he has left. Team mates are smiling...huddling and playing team ball since he took his supposed leave of abscence...really what college player does that without a death in the family like T. Rob..or Darnell Jackson. Once again he wont be back...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Preview