Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2038128 - 01/31/19 12:24 PM Re: Don't Jump Ship Yet [Re: tmcats]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Port Huron MI
The fact is, KU ain't been very good since The Big Fella got hurt. He ain't coming back.

I do not expect KANSAS to win the league this season. Not a big deal.

#2038130 - 01/31/19 12:55 PM Re: Don't Jump Ship Yet [Re: MICHHAWK]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: reservation lake, mn
it certainly is a big deal. it will stop the 14 year b12 run that media pounds us with year after bloody year.

#2038131 - 01/31/19 01:20 PM Re: Don't Jump Ship Yet [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Jayhawk1952 Online   content
Max Falkenstien

The BIG deal is that KU has won 14 straight conference championships and no other div. one school has ever done that, including the k-state puddy cats. # 15 would only be more gravy. We'll take it if it happens and rejoice that we still have he record if # 15 doesn't happen. Sounds like there's a lot of jealousy west of us and probably throughout the Big IX! The JJayhawks certainly wear a humongous target on their backs -- every game.

#2038132 - 01/31/19 01:27 PM Re: Don't Jump Ship Yet [Re: Jayhawk1952]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: reservation lake, mn
it's not flattering the remaining conference members to have seen this happen, cheatin' aside, and will certainly be a grande to see it end regardless who ends it. obviously, best if taken down by lil bro though.

#2038134 - 01/31/19 05:56 PM Re: Don't Jump Ship Yet [Re: Jayhawk1952]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I think Self should scrap this 4 guard stuff and go back to the old high low post with McCormack low and Dedric high. Lawson has the perfect skill set to play the high post. Texas clogged the lane and denied Dedric. The high post would give him room to operate and enable him to use his mid-range jumper when available. It would also draw a rebounder farther away from the basket and give McCormack some dunk opportunities. Dedric's passing skills are perfect for this.

Passing around the perimeter or driving and kicking to the open shooter hasn't worked for us.

#2038141 - 02/01/19 02:49 PM Re: Don't Jump Ship Yet [Re: AlOerter]
moose1 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Wichita
Originally Posted By: AlOerter
I think Self should scrap this 4 guard stuff and go back to the old high low post with McCormack low and Dedric high. Lawson has the perfect skill set to play the high post. Texas clogged the lane and denied Dedric. The high post would give him room to operate and enable him to use his mid-range jumper when available. It would also draw a rebounder farther away from the basket and give McCormack some dunk opportunities. Dedric's passing skills are perfect for this.

Passing around the perimeter or driving and kicking to the open shooter hasn't worked for us.

Couldn't hurt. Might as well change things up. KU should rebound better that way. Don't lose much on athleticism, since KU isn't that athletic anyway. Not this year. Either way Grimes HAS to get better. KU needs to get another ball handler. Right now I see too many deficiencies and not enough time to fix them. I would be ok trying your lineup out

#2038144 - 02/01/19 04:46 PM Re: Don't Jump Ship Yet [Re: moose1]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Trance Land
Grimes is at his peak. A college basketball player with high accolades in high school that didn't perform the same level in college.

#2038145 - 02/01/19 05:19 PM Re: Don't Jump Ship Yet [Re: Jayhawk1952]
PHOGUSHER Online   content
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Now ya plowbillies can jump ship. Silvio was just determined illegible for the season. I guess michhawk will be the only one happy about that...that sorry p.o.s. can say he told us so ..he told us so..nah nah ne nu nu...

#2038146 - 02/01/19 05:25 PM Re: Don't Jump Ship Yet [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Original AFH Gangsta

Damn he was ruled not to be able to play next season either. Self is blasting the NCAA big time. What a bunch of dikheads...must be related to michhawk. Silvio has to head for Euro ball I guess. NCAA ruined this guys chance for a great career. Bunch of boolsheat..

#2038160 - 02/02/19 12:13 AM Re: Don't Jump Ship Yet [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Jaycat92 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Nebraska
I expect more to come from this as well. I am guessing we vacate last years Final 4, and 14th league title. Self blasted the NCAA, they won't hold back now. I think the end is near for Self here as well. I think all the fine lines and grey areas he has manipulated in the past is all going to catch up with him now. Don't know how I honestly feel about any of this, except sorry for Silvio, I think he was not a part of this activity.

Are we the only ones guilty of such wrong doing.....I don't think so. Are we a good scape goat to flush down the drain to prove a point, I think very much so.

#2038163 - 02/02/19 01:12 AM Re: Don't Jump Ship Yet [Re: Jayhawk1952]
madcapper Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Ozarks
This is todays problem with college athletics. We have gotten away from education and amateurism and put the focus on money.

#2038194 - 02/02/19 05:40 PM Re: Don't Jump Ship Yet [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Jayhawk1952 Online   content
Max Falkenstien

What a turnaround today! Hopefully it's the beginning of many more. If so, the ship has been righted. And that was without Garrett.

#2038195 - 02/02/19 06:21 PM Re: Don't Jump Ship Yet [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Original AFH Gangsta

No old plowbilly. KU always win on CBS....but it was a good win. KSuck is up 25 on da Pokes at Stoolwater...they will stomp us on Tuesday.

#2038196 - 02/02/19 07:26 PM Re: Don't Jump Ship Yet [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Original AFH Gangsta

Or not...

#2038197 - 02/02/19 07:41 PM Re: Don't Jump Ship Yet [Re: Jayhawk1952]
moose1 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Wichita
I didn't see that happening. KU looked good. I think they play better without Garrett. He is just so bad on offense it is like the defense is playing 5 on 4. I thought Grimes was better. Still needs to get better still. I liked even though he didnt shoot great, he did hit a couple threes, and I liked that he had 4 assists and 0 turnovers. In general he looked more aggressive. I would like to see the backups play more minutes, not because they are all that great it would just be nice to give the guys more of a blow. I would like to see 30 minutes max to keep them fresher. All in all a nice win. Definitely needed that one, but there is a LONG way to go.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Preview