Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2038100 - 01/30/19 08:49 AM Don't Jump Ship Yet
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Yes, the road ahead is looking really tough. But all is not yet lost.

The team needs a leader to come forward. Hopefully Dotson can do that. That would help the team to come together, which they desperately need to do. That would certainly help D. Lawson from disappearing as he did at Texas, would hopefully help wake up Vick and help contribute to keeping Garrett more offensively consistent.

Agbaji is really starting to get it all together, that gives some hope.

Grimes and McCormack (another Silvio?) need to get it all together, hopefully they will.

These seven clicking together would take us a long way. The slim chance of Silvio being cleared would be gravy. Even if just some of the above happens, it would really be a boost.

Yes, Self has his work cut out for him.

#2038101 - 01/30/19 09:48 AM Re: Don't Jump Ship Yet [Re: Jayhawk1952]
PHOGUSHER Online   content
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
I guess the western Kansas alfafee dust has clogged your ears and blurred your eyes. Read my previous posts. This team is lacking chemistry...if Lawson tried to lead the freshmen wouldnt listen...if Dotson tried to lead the transfers wont listen. The 3 transfers and 3 freshmen mix as well as oil and water. I am afraid nothing will fix this team. Dump the transfers after the season and rebuild with recruits. Maybe in 2 or 3 yrs we can contend again.

#2038102 - 01/30/19 09:54 AM Re: Don't Jump Ship Yet [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Original AFH Gangsta

Plus Self's coaching ability has declined. He told Holly Rowe after half he was going with 2 bigs the rest of the game to battle Tejas length. Nope he put the original starting lineup in..not playing McCormack is a huge mistake...at least he could kind of stopped their bigs who scored at ease over Garrett and Lawson. He admitted he hasnt coached this team correctly in his presser. Damn Bill if so change something..

#2038103 - 01/30/19 12:06 PM Re: Don't Jump Ship Yet [Re: PHOGUSHER]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: reservation lake, mn
i've seen this play before. we'll see how txt does in afh before making any claims about ku's demise, thank you.

#2038105 - 01/30/19 01:21 PM Re: Don't Jump Ship Yet [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Original AFH Gangsta

GO AWAY.....

#2038106 - 01/30/19 01:34 PM Re: Don't Jump Ship Yet [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Self is a great coach, but certainly not perfect, as is no other coach or human being. What works with one team doesn't work with another. There's always continual adjustments needing to be made. Sometime they are figured out quickly and sometimes not so quickly. Then there's always limitations with the personnel.

Sounds like timmy may be a little concerned about all the previous times the demise of the Jayhawks have been predicted.

#2038107 - 01/30/19 01:41 PM Re: Don't Jump Ship Yet [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Original AFH Gangsta

He just might be right this time...I will yell this time...NO TEAM CHEMISTRY EQUALS A MEDIOCRE SEASON...

#2038108 - 01/30/19 02:31 PM Re: Don't Jump Ship Yet [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Max Falkenstien

"The team needs a leader to come forward. Hopefully Dotson can do that. That would help the team to come together, which they desperately need to do."

The above is a quote from my original post (the bold print added). I think it says the same thing as, "NO TEAM CHEMISTRY," quoting you.

#2038109 - 01/30/19 02:54 PM Re: Don't Jump Ship Yet [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Original AFH Gangsta

Too old to understand. These guys just dont want to get on the same page. A bunch of "me" ball from these guys. Let me ask you something. Have you ever seen them huddle up on the court after a play like you see most teams do...I cant recall that happening. None of them are smiling...hanging their heads. Not good.

#2038110 - 01/30/19 02:57 PM Re: Don't Jump Ship Yet [Re: Jayhawk1952]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: Jayhawk1952
Self is a great coach, but certainly not perfect, as is no other coach or human being. What works with one team doesn't work with another. There's always continual adjustments needing to be made. Sometime they are figured out quickly and sometimes not so quickly. Then there's always limitations with the personnel.

Sounds like timmy may be a little concerned about all the previous times the demise of the Jayhawks have been predicted.

yeah, i still remember jacob pullen's top 10 team going to take down ku. whew!

#2038112 - 01/30/19 04:31 PM Re: Don't Jump Ship Yet [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Original AFH Gangsta

Just because KSuck cant actually take the conference from us does'nt mean we are that good. We can be mediocre for a KU team and still finish ahead of them suckas. But hey if it's not is I dont have a problem if KSUCK wins the B12. I am good like that...

#2038113 - 01/30/19 05:03 PM Re: Don't Jump Ship Yet [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Originally Posted By: PHOGUSHER
Too old to understand. These guys just dont want to get on the same page. A bunch of "me" ball from these guys. Let me ask you something. Have you ever seen them huddle up on the court after a play like you see most teams do...I cant recall that happening. None of them are smiling...hanging their heads. Not good.

Probably past time for a players only team meeting. but to do that there has to be a leader, which we don't have.

#2038114 - 01/30/19 05:14 PM Re: Don't Jump Ship Yet [Re: tmcats]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Originally Posted By: tmcats
Originally Posted By: Jayhawk1952

yeah, i still remember jacob pullen's top 10 team going to take down ku. whew!

Remind us who came out on top of the two schools that year in the conference season, conference tourney as well as the NCAA Tourney. Yeah, we let you have a little fun once in a while.

#2038115 - 01/30/19 05:29 PM Re: Don't Jump Ship Yet [Re: Jayhawk1952]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Not sure that bringing Vick back was the right move. He is not the senior leader and looks disengaged, not locked-in, mind elsewhere when he's on the floor. Grimes I can overlook because he's a freshman and many freshman go through this. Vick is a senior with no excuses.

#2038125 - 01/31/19 10:32 AM Re: Don't Jump Ship Yet [Re: AlOerter]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

when a head case is fundamental to success, you're bound for trouble at some point. that said, presently methinks ku's championship fortunes lie in indy not afh.

as the season plays out, it seems iowa state might pull this thing off defrocking ku. the twisters have a less difficult task before them than others and it's coupled with a deep, talented roster. personally, i'm not sure prohm is up to task, but we shall see. it won't be for lack of dudes if they don't win it all.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Preview