Page 176 of 183 < 1 2 ... 174 175 176 177 178 ... 182 183 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2048813 - 06/02/20 11:47 AM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
kellyfenton Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

George Will. lulz. Worst person in the world.

#2048822 - 06/03/20 07:57 AM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
kellyfenton Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

It is to some to degree amusing and to a larger degree revealing that some posters on the other board expend way more energy on and demonstrate way more outrage toward ... the posters who are outraged by the latest outrages than on the actual precipitating outrages.

Thus it ever was ...

#2048826 - 06/03/20 01:02 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
kellyfenton Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

#2048827 - 06/03/20 01:47 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
lobster Offline
You feel the pinch?

Loc: DCHawk's basement.
Good job, protesters. You just murdered another black man who was trying to do the right thing.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/retired-st-louis-police-captain-145600273.html

#2048828 - 06/03/20 03:04 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
kellyfenton Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Look at you being all reductive. It’s just so much easier to lump the protesters with the bad actors and blame the whole lot isn’t it? Gives you a nice feelgood to voice your outrage, however ignorant it might be. But that A) you don’t understand the distinction between the two and B) you lack the the CAPACITY to understand the distinction mostly just makes me pity you.

#2048829 - 06/03/20 04:13 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
lobster Offline
You feel the pinch?

The only thing I don't understand is how your brain works (or doesn't work).

When you play with fire, you get burned sometimes. These protesters (misguided and stupid as they are) are an invitation for thugs and unstable people to take advantage of the situation. Based on your previous postings, I'm sure you don't understand this.

#2048830 - 06/03/20 04:21 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
kellyfenton Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Like I say, pity.
I guess I COULD point out that all free assembly and all protest would be ill advised based on your premise that bad folks might always exploit it. But, really, what would be the point? That requires one more layer of thinking than you are willing to explore, ie, a SECOND layer.
But good golly how courageous you are! What a freethinker! By which I mean free of thinking.

#2048833 - 06/03/20 06:17 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
appyhawk Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Flint Hills
I can't get past the "misguided protesters" thing.
Exactly how are they misguided? By not listening to Faux News enough? By objecting to inequality? By demanding justice? How is that stupid?
Asking for a friend...

#2048834 - 06/03/20 06:49 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: appyhawk]
kellyfenton Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: appyhawk
Exactly how are they misguided? By not listening to Faux News enough? By objecting to inequality? By demanding justice? How is that stupid?
Asking for a friend...

Expect courageous “out of the box” answers!

#2048835 - 06/03/20 07:12 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
appyhawk Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Flint Hills
Mattis:
"Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people—does not even pretend to try. Instead he tries to divide us. We are witnessing the consequences of three years of this deliberate effort. We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership. We can unite without him, drawing on the strengths inherent in our civil society. This will not be easy, as the past few days have shown, but we owe it to our fellow citizens; to past generations that bled to defend our promise; and to our children.

We can come through this trying time stronger, and with a renewed sense of purpose and respect for one another. The pandemic has shown us that it is not only our troops who are willing to offer the ultimate sacrifice for the safety of the community. Americans in hospitals, grocery stores, post offices, and elsewhere have put their lives on the line in order to serve their fellow citizens and their country. We know that we are better than the abuse of executive authority that we witnessed in Lafayette Park. We must reject and hold accountable those in office who would make a mockery of our Constitution."
And in the battle between the Trump administration and The People, Mattis came down squarely on the side of First Amendment rights. When he joined the military some 50 years ago, Mattis said, “Never did I dream that troops taking that same oath would be ordered under any circumstance to violate the Constitutional rights of their fellow citizens—much less to provide a bizarre photo op for the elected commander-in-chief, with military leadership standing alongside.” The protesters, he noted, are "rightly demanding" equal justice under the law, adding that we cannot be distracted from this "unifying demand" by a small number of lawbreakers.

"The protests are defined by tens of thousands of people of conscience who are insisting that we live up to our values—our values as people and our values as a nation," Mattis wrote, calling on Americans to reject "those in office who would make a mockery of our Constitution.”

#2048836 - 06/03/20 07:25 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
kellyfenton Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

He’s just being hysterical. 😉 Got that TDSyndrome doncha know?

#2048837 - 06/03/20 07:28 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: appyhawk]
lobster Offline
You feel the pinch?

Originally Posted By: appyhawk
Asking for a friend...

It's based on this false idea that there's systemic racism against blacks. It doesn't exist. Are there a few racist whites in America? Absolutely. Are there some blacks who are racist against whites? Absolutely. Would I say there's systemic racism against any race in America? No. America is far less racist now than it has ever been, at least in regards to whites being racist. If you don't believe me, do some research on the past. The reality is, blacks have been given more rights and opportunities in America than anywhere else on the planet.

If they were protesting about "police brutality", I would totally get behind them 100%. I agree with that. Would I support riots and looting in this situation? No. Violence is not the answer. All this looting and violence has shown is how spoiled and entitled many people are in this country.

Edited by lobster (06/03/20 07:28 PM)

#2048838 - 06/03/20 07:30 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
lobster Offline
You feel the pinch?

BTW, a lot of people in China are talking about how they don't want blacks entering their country. At least the Chinese still have the guts and brains to call things out for how they really are, and they recognize the protest is b.s. Many people in the US are too afraid to call out the protest because we are weak inside or too dumb to see the real problem. The protest riots are just going to make things WORSE for the blacks. Will they not allow blacks to travel to China? I hope not, but I can't blame them for wanting to protect their country.

Post was edited so that people don't twist what I originally said.

Edited by lobster (06/03/20 09:05 PM)

#2048839 - 06/03/20 08:12 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: lobster]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Originally Posted By: lobster

It's based on this false idea that there's systemic racism against blacks. It doesn't exist. Are there a few racist whites in America? Absolutely. Are there some blacks who are racist against whites? Absolutely. Would I say there's systemic racism against any race in America? No. America is far less racist now than it has ever been, at least in regards to whites being racist. If you don't believe me, do some research on the past. The reality is, blacks have been given more rights and opportunities in America than anywhere else on the planet.

This is so [censored] stupid.

Quote:
If they were protesting about "police brutality", I would totally get behind them 100%.

That is what they are protesting.... how [censored] stupid are you?

#2048840 - 06/03/20 08:14 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: lobster]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Originally Posted By: lobster
BTW, almost everyone is China is talking about how they don't want blacks entering their country. The Chinese still have the guts and brains to say and do what is right.

And there it is.

At least you aren't trying to hide it anymore. So, how many crosses are you burning this week?

Page 176 of 183 < 1 2 ... 174 175 176 177 178 ... 182 183 >

Preview