Rate This Topic
#2037145 - 12/21/18 06:17 PM Re: Pooka Williams Arrested/Suspended [Re: Jman1]
track Offline
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas
Originally Posted By: Jman1
Originally Posted By: beenahawk
Originally Posted By: Kirk
True. When it comes to KU basketball, hitting women is not an issue. Guys get to play. Priorities.

Like everyone in our current culture...Pooka is guilty as hell until HE proves he is innocent. My hope is that Les waits until everything is adjudicated before he passes the KU Grid sentence on the kid...but since this occurred in liberal Larryville, on Snowflake Blvd, my gut tells me Pooka is already toast with no hope for future redemption.

Too bad he is from Louisiana, if he was from Honduras he would simply be misunderstood.

If he was from Honduras he would be given carte blanche to steal, assault, and battery the general public at all times. In Lawrence he would be given the key to the city

If only we had a beautiful wall around Lawrence we could keep all those criminal rapist non whites out. Tongue in cheek

Edited by track (12/21/18 06:24 PM)

#2037146 - 12/21/18 06:41 PM Re: Pooka Williams Arrested/Suspended [Re: track]
Jman1 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Originally Posted By: track
Originally Posted By: Jman1
Originally Posted By: beenahawk
Originally Posted By: Kirk
True. When it comes to KU basketball, hitting women is not an issue. Guys get to play. Priorities.

Like everyone in our current culture...Pooka is guilty as hell until HE proves he is innocent. My hope is that Les waits until everything is adjudicated before he passes the KU Grid sentence on the kid...but since this occurred in liberal Larryville, on Snowflake Blvd, my gut tells me Pooka is already toast with no hope for future redemption.

Too bad he is from Louisiana, if he was from Honduras he would simply be misunderstood.

If he was from Honduras he would be given carte blanche to steal, assault, and battery the general public at all times. In Lawrence he would be given the key to the city

If only we had a beautiful wall around Lawrence we could keep all those criminal rapist non whites out. Tongue in cheek

Would he have the key to the wall as well? ya know so he could kinda come and go as he pleased.

#2037157 - 12/22/18 12:05 PM Re: Pooka Williams Arrested/Suspended [Re: Josh2408]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By: Josh2408
According to the affidavit he alledgedly punched her and chocked her
Here's the basics of what I'm hearing now.

Pooka and his girl got in a scuff. Girl asked him to apologize about it and when he wouldn't she then called the police the day after the incident occurred. Witnesses are saying Pooka didn't choke or punch her, but she's claiming otherwise. There's scant to no evidence to back up her claim and the text message from Pooka apparently says he may have accidentally hit her on the arm (while trying to hit something or someone else) during the scuff.

I can't confirm any of this as only Pooka and the girl know the truth and the police I believe have the text messages in question.

Speaking again with someone I know who has had cases in Lawrence/Douglas County says he wouldn't be surprised if the charges eventually get dropped or at worse a plea deal is reached with Pooka doing diversion where his record is wiped clean on completion. They said if there was good evidence Pooka had either choked her or hit her in the stomach he'd have faced felony charges and not misdemeanor ones. If either of those cases is how it plays out, I just don't see how he'd be kicked off the team. If I had to guess right now, my guess is he serves a suspension of some kind but ends up playing the majority of the season next year but he better keep his nose clean the rest of the off-season.

#2037545 - 01/09/19 06:29 PM Re: Pooka Williams Arrested/Suspended [Re: Josh2408]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Looks like Pooka has agreed to a diversion deal.

I'm guessing he'll have to do some community service and attend some classes as part of this diversion agreement.

Not sure what coach Miles will do, but I think Pooka will be playing for KU this Fall.

#2037555 - 01/09/19 09:43 PM Re: Pooka Williams Arrested/Suspended [Re: Josh2408]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
He better!

#2037558 - 01/09/19 10:10 PM Re: Pooka Williams Arrested/Suspended [Re: Josh2408]
Josh2408 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Indiana
I just read as of Wednesday night the court hasn't received a signed devirsion from Pooka

#2037566 - 01/10/19 08:59 AM Re: Pooka Williams Arrested/Suspended [Re: Josh2408]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
I just read as of Wednesday night the court hasn't received a signed devirsion from Pooka
That's not good.

#2037571 - 01/10/19 10:20 AM Re: Pooka Williams Arrested/Suspended [Re: 58hawk]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: 58hawk
That's not good.
If my memory serves me correct, you're a lawyer, so what do you make of that if indeed he hasn't signed the diversion document?

I haven't had any contact with my lawyer acquaintances in a while and 1 thought there was a chance this could even get dismissed. Do you think that could be a reason why Pooka hadn't signed anything yet (again, if indeed that is true)? I've heard the girl had signed off on Pooka getting diversion, so I don't think there's anything from that side holding this up.

#2037580 - 01/10/19 01:34 PM Re: Pooka Williams Arrested/Suspended [Re: Josh2408]
Topcitykid10 Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Is he in town yet?

#2037582 - 01/10/19 03:45 PM Re: Pooka Williams Arrested/Suspended [Re: Topcitykid10]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: Topcitykid10
Is he in town yet?
If you're asking about Pooka, the answer is yes. He was at the bball game last night too.

Also, I just heard the case may have been dismissed and charges dropped. Can't confirm this yet, but someone just told me this is what they heard. If true, this would explain why Pooka hadn't signed the diversion agreement.

#2037586 - 01/10/19 05:57 PM Re: Pooka Williams Arrested/Suspended [Re: Kman_blue]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: reservation lake, mn
what, charges dropped against a ku woman-beating athlete? damn, you say. whistle

#2037587 - 01/10/19 06:15 PM Re: Pooka Williams Arrested/Suspended [Re: Kman_blue]
Josh2408 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Indiana
Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
Originally Posted By: 58hawk
That's not good.
If my memory serves me correct, you're a lawyer, so what do you make of that if indeed he hasn't signed the diversion document?

I haven't had any contact with my lawyer acquaintances in a while and 1 thought there was a chance this could even get dismissed. Do you think that could be a reason why Pooka hadn't signed anything yet (again, if indeed that is true)? I've heard the girl had signed off on Pooka getting diversion, so I don't think there's anything from that side holding this up.

From the Kansas City Star

https://amp.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article224128520.html

The End of Paragraph 4 reads that the Diversion has not been signed and returned to the court as of Wednesday Afternoon

Edited by Josh2408 (01/10/19 06:20 PM)

#2037588 - 01/10/19 06:19 PM Re: Pooka Williams Arrested/Suspended [Re: tmcats]
moose1 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Wichita
Originally Posted By: tmcats
what, charges dropped against a ku woman-beating athlete? damn, you say. whistle

Hmm kinda like the sexual assault charges against Ell Roberson being dropped. Gamma. Foxtrot. Yankee.

#2037589 - 01/10/19 06:36 PM Re: Pooka Williams Arrested/Suspended [Re: moose1]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: reservation lake, mn
Originally Posted By: moose1
Originally Posted By: tmcats

Hmm kinda like the sexual assault charges against Ell Roberson being dropped. Gamma. Foxtrot. Yankee.

lol. pookie moved to phx. phx is where ell's charges were dropped not mhk. pookie probably moved in with legeary victimless. what a joke. you guys should be ashamed.

#2037593 - 01/10/19 09:29 PM Re: Pooka Williams Arrested/Suspended [Re: tmcats]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

You should be ashamed of...well just about everything you do on the internet...but in this case for publicly charging, trying, and convicting a young man for a crime based on ZERO actual knowledge of what did or did not happen and then claiming to be morally outraged because the legal system dismissed the case and dropped the charges.

How dare they not realize your public crucifixion of him! How dare the Douglas County DA not throw the book at him as you know he's 100% guilty!

Then to claim KU or KU fans should be ashamed of the legal process! GMAFB!!

Seems to me there's some old cliche about not judging others lest ye be judged and another about glass houses and all. Wonder how and why they came about?

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Preview