Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2037502 - 01/08/19 11:48 PM Ochai Agbaji
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Trance Land
Azubuike and Silvio De Sousa out.... bad luck for KU.

Ochai Agbaji redshift is pulled. Quinten Grimes not over achieving.

In his last and lone action in a game setting at Allen Fieldhouse, Agbaji played 23 minutes in KU's two exhibition games, finishing 5-of-5 from the floor, 3-of-3 from 3-point range for 14 points and 7 rebounds. He added two turnovers, a block and a 1-of-2 clip from the free throw line in KU's wins over Emporia State and Washburn.

#2037507 - 01/09/19 08:27 AM Re: Ochai Agbaji [Re: Maximus]
PHOGUSHER Online   content
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Well thats pretty good but then again it was exhibition. No SDS is no good. I say play him and accept the consequences later. Bill too scared I guess...

#2037516 - 01/09/19 11:17 AM Re: Ochai Agbaji [Re: PHOGUSHER]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Port Huron MI
Originally Posted By: PHOGUSHER
No SDS is no good. I say play him and accept the consequences later. Bill too scared I guess...

We are all very glad you have no decision making powers.

#2037519 - 01/09/19 11:25 AM Re: Ochai Agbaji [Re: Maximus]
Original AFH Gangsta

But I do...you will figure that out one day. SDS will start a game this month...lol.

#2037523 - 01/09/19 11:44 AM Re: Ochai Agbaji [Re: Maximus]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Flint Hills
Maxi makes some good points. I've been excited about Ochai since we signed him. Thing about those gaudy stats is nearly anyone could have put up some good numbers surrounded by our other talent and facing that level of opposition.
He would probably need some time as an adjustment period to conference level play, but I don't see we really have anything to lose by adding him to our active rotation.
Silvio presents a much different situation. No question in my mind he is an entirely capable replacement to Dok. Just different style. He may even be better. So unfortunate he is stuck in NCAA political mayhem that could remain unresolved, and if forced by playing him anyway could trigger very costly consequences for KU. It's a 'rock and a hard place' scenario with a relatively small chance to turn out entirely in his, and our favor.

#2037526 - 01/09/19 12:45 PM Re: Ochai Agbaji [Re: Maximus]
Original AFH Gangsta

Really makes you wonder why Self redshirted him in the first place with those exhibition stats. But it was vs 2 scrub teams. In rétrospective maybe Lightfeet or Moore should have been redshirted...

#2037536 - 01/09/19 05:19 PM Re: Ochai Agbaji [Re: Maximus]
Original AFH Gangsta

The only good points maxey makes are the points of those nipples on the tittays of the fine pics he posts...thats about it...

#2037563 - 01/10/19 08:42 AM Re: Ochai Agbaji [Re: appyhawk]
parkhawk3319 Online   sick
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Bohemia
It was a small sample but Agbaji looked like the most prime time ready freshmen we put on the floor last night. The kid works hard on both ends of the floor. I want to see more.

#2037572 - 01/10/19 11:05 AM Re: Ochai Agbaji [Re: Maximus]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Flint Hills
^ Yep. Once he gets limbered up he'll be a real +. I think he'll be one of our better 3 ball shooters.
But how bout Garrett last night? If he would lose his fear of getting up off the floor he would be a dynamo. Same for Lawson.
That seemed to be one thing that wasn't a problem for Agbaji! Kid gonna post some stats.

#2037573 - 01/10/19 11:16 AM Re: Ochai Agbaji [Re: Maximus]
jhawks99 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Lexington, KY
Garrett was a monster on defense and on the boards. I'm a fan. I hope his offense catches up with his D.

#2037574 - 01/10/19 11:24 AM Re: Ochai Agbaji [Re: Maximus]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
They can have an upside from where they are now, since this is a younger team all the time. Can't wait to compare them from now to March.

#2037606 - 01/11/19 11:32 AM Re: Ochai Agbaji [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Trance Land
Start Agbaji over Quentin Grinds?

Diosa Canales

#2037607 - 01/11/19 11:42 AM Re: Ochai Agbaji [Re: jhawks99]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: jhawks99
Garrett was a monster on defense and on the boards. I'm a fan. I hope his offense catches up with his D.

MG is a terrific basketball player. He is at worst, our second maybe third most important active player on our roster.

He is my favorite.

#2037608 - 01/11/19 12:06 PM Re: Ochai Agbaji [Re: Maximus]
Original AFH Gangsta

Garrett is a non offensive threat...thus letting the opposing 5 guard our 4. He cant even make open bunnies. Play KJ or Ochai before him...if no heavy minutes for McCormack from now on means no #15 for Self....Bill needs to wake up...

Edited by PHOGUSHER (01/11/19 12:06 PM)

#2037614 - 01/11/19 02:07 PM Re: Ochai Agbaji [Re: PHOGUSHER]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Rather than screwing around on your social media's during the game, you should unplug and actually watch the game. You might learn something.

Reading the box score after the game don't count as watching the game.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Preview