Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2037346 - 01/03/19 09:06 PM Loss at ASU
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
was unexcusable. They are getting spanked at home by a 6-6 Utah team...in fact they have lost 3 of their last 5....Self has no excuse for losing those games right before Xmas ...

#2037347 - 01/03/19 10:53 PM Re: Loss at ASU [Re: PHOGUSHER]
TheStarhawk Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Loc: Florida
human nature, when your up big, you think you will hold on for the win. We had outplayed them the whole game until the last 7 minutes of the game, when we couldn't score a field goal. and despite of which, I think we were still leading until the last 2 minutes of the game. the team is so talented, but lacks the experience and guts/passion previous teams have had. not a big fan of Devon, talented young man it sort of insults me when people compared him to frank not even close. but I think he is a bit selfish of a player, he plays too fast or thinks too highly of his ability. I think it all comes down to Quentin. Just a total disappointment so far. hopefully he wakes up. Ill feel better about when his 3 pointers start falling in.

Edited by TheStarhawk (01/03/19 10:54 PM)

#2037348 - 01/04/19 01:21 AM Re: Loss at ASU [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Self didn't lose that game, his players did. Much of the problem is that they aren't listening to him like they should. As much as I hate losing, it was probably a good loss, giving hope that they may start listening to their coach better. Self's teams always get better as the season moves along, except for an occasional relapse, most likely when the players haven't listened to the game preparation as well as they should have. Then there's those games when some simply have an off night, which everyone is going to have occasionally. No doubt, that is Self's fault.

#2037355 - 01/04/19 08:48 AM Re: Loss at ASU [Re: PHOGUSHER]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Flint Hills
The injury to Dok's ankle was not Self's fault. With exception to him being on the free throw line we are a different, much better team when he is on the floor.
The timing of the ASU loss correlates historically to a seasonal loss for KU.

#2037356 - 01/04/19 10:28 AM Re: Loss at ASU [Re: appyhawk]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Port Huron MI
Originally Posted By: appyhawk
The timing of the ASU loss correlates historically to a seasonal loss for KU.

Exactly. As soon as the schedule comes out, you can pencil in that last game before Christmas as a loss. It's always on the road. It is usually our first true road game of the season.

The children are dreaming of santa and sugar plums and such. They've already checked out mentally before the first tip.

#2037357 - 01/04/19 11:18 AM Re: Loss at ASU [Re: PHOGUSHER]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Sugar plum dreams ..lol...thats a great excuse. I wonder if Duke or Kentucky fans have used that one. And cmon star freshmen Dotson is far superior to freshmen Frank.

Preview