Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2036865 - 12/13/18 10:38 PM Andy Reid
vmlb Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

must have thought this was a playoff. When it's time to win the game with his offense, he chokes. Run the ball and lose two yards. Great job andy.

#2036866 - 12/13/18 10:45 PM Re: Andy Reid [Re: vmlb]
Josh2408 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Indiana
This game was all on the defense and penalties

#2036867 - 12/13/18 11:07 PM Re: Andy Reid [Re: Josh2408]
track Offline
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas
Originally Posted By: Josh2408
This game was all on the defense and penalties

Even Mahomes can't overcome Bob Sutton and his defense....and that's on Andy Reid for keeping Sutton after years of failure of the defense.

#2036868 - 12/13/18 11:16 PM Re: Andy Reid [Re: vmlb]
Josh2408 Offline
Max Falkenstien

I would think that's Clark Hunts fault cause he employs him not Reid

#2036869 - 12/13/18 11:40 PM Re: Andy Reid [Re: vmlb]
vmlb Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

You win games with your best unit. The offense did not play well the whole second half. One drive, aided by the refs, was about all they could come up with. At least Andy didn't bring in the fullback and try to run the ball three times on the last possession. When we were up 28-14, I texted my son that we would need one more TD to win.
Have we stopped a two point conversion attempt this year?

#2036871 - 12/14/18 07:58 AM Re: Andy Reid [Re: Josh2408]
track Offline
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas
I would think that's Clark Hunts fault cause he employs him not Reid

Hunt hires the head coach. The head coach hires the position coaches.

#2036873 - 12/14/18 08:59 AM Re: Andy Reid [Re: vmlb]
vmlb Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Andy has to start thinking in BB terms. 2 for 1 at the end of the game. Hindsight being 20-20, he needs to go for it on fourth down, with less than 4 minutes to go in the game. Last night for example, had they gone for it on fourth down and not made it, LAC would have gotten the ball at the 15 yd. line.
Chefs would have been in possession of the ball with time still on the clock.
The defense might have been able to stop them because their front four would have been rested. They couldn't get pressure on Rivers the last four plays of the game.

#2036888 - 12/14/18 05:37 PM Re: Andy Reid [Re: vmlb]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Sutton might be bad. But he didnt sign the Chief's current defensive backfield to their contracts. Its their lack of talent that fails not Bob Sutton..and yes Reid is a bit to blame. That fat bastard will never win a Super Bowl.

Edited by PHOGUSHER (12/14/18 05:37 PM)

#2036890 - 12/14/18 06:32 PM Re: Andy Reid [Re: vmlb]
KUHawkhead Online   sick
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
This is what Reid does. It's why the Eagles fans do not miss him. KC is good, not great. When their offense is completely healthy and unknown to their opponents, they're damn near unbeatable. This late in the season, everyone knows what they do and they are beat up and injured. Homefield will help, but I won't be surprised if they get bounced by a Pittsburghesque lower seed team that stumbles into the playoffs.

RCJHKU!

#2036891 - 12/14/18 07:08 PM Re: Andy Reid [Re: vmlb]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Pretty much the same thing I posted. I have met 5 or 6 Philly people in the last few yrs. They ate glad Reid is here instead of there. Piss poor late game time management and play calling equals no Super Bowl....

#2036893 - 12/14/18 07:13 PM Re: Andy Reid [Re: vmlb]
Josh2408 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Iam a regular on a chiefs board and the consensus with a few guys their is that if we don't win one this year they want Reid gone

#2036899 - 12/14/18 10:07 PM Re: Andy Reid [Re: Josh2408]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
Iam a regular on a chiefs board and the consensus with a few guys their is that if we don't win one this year they want Reid gone
A playoff game or a Super Bowl?

#2036900 - 12/14/18 10:17 PM Re: Andy Reid [Re: vmlb]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Most likely he meant a playoff game. Stating he needs to win it all or else is a bit much. But realistically at the first of the season with basically a rookie QB I would have been happy with a 9-7 record and just barely making the playoffs. Mahomes might be hitting a first yr wall at 14 games. I hope not ....we shall see.

#2036926 - 12/15/18 05:36 PM Re: Andy Reid [Re: vmlb]
KUHawkhead Online   sick
Wilt Chamberlain

If the Chiefs can capture the magic they had the first four weeks, they CAN win it all. Beat up, observed, and especially if they HAVE to rely on their defense for above low average play, they are screwed.

RCJHKU!

#2036927 - 12/15/18 05:46 PM Re: Andy Reid [Re: vmlb]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

10 days off is a gift....hope it works out. Face facts our previous game was against a physical Ravens defense..number 1 in the league ...They beat our offense up....Chargers played Arizona prior to the Thursday night game not a hard game but they barely won...We should win out...

#2036928 - 12/15/18 05:46 PM Re: Andy Reid [Re: vmlb]
Josh2408 Offline
Max Falkenstien

we need a complete overhaul of the secondary in the offseason and the draft, 2 corners and another safety, another LB and resign Ford I think he has earned it and a couple run stuffing monsters

#2036937 - 12/15/18 07:24 PM Re: Andy Reid [Re: vmlb]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

I concur...but I want to do something this season

#2036943 - 12/16/18 09:52 AM Re: Andy Reid [Re: vmlb]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Flint Hills
I get the need to vent after a tough-t0-take loss. My team has had at least three of those this year (one was to Chargers). But take a peek at the overview...
Chiefs are currently enjoying their best season in what, decades? And if, in this first year of a relatively spectacular surging effort, you don't win the SB you want to fire the coach who got you to the top of the AFC side of the bracket?
Reid is the best thing hat's happened to Chiefs coaching in a looong time. Who you got in mind to replace him?

#2036944 - 12/16/18 10:21 AM Re: Andy Reid [Re: appyhawk]
Josh2408 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Originally Posted By: appyhawk
I get the need to vent after a tough-t0-take loss. My team has had at least three of those this year (one was to Chargers). But take a peek at the overview...
Chiefs are currently enjoying their best season in what, decades? And if, in this first year of a relatively spectacular surging effort, you don't win the SB you want to fire the coach who got you to the top of the AFC side of the bracket?
Reid is the best thing hat's happened to Chiefs coaching in a looong time. Who you got in mind to replace him?

You guys won't like this but here goes I would replace him with Lincoln Riley

#2036945 - 12/16/18 10:23 AM Re: Andy Reid [Re: vmlb]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Chiefs three losses are a combined 7 points. This might be the best offense in Chiefs history including the Dawson and Trent Green eras. People forget the bad years of no offense.

#2036948 - 12/16/18 11:58 AM Re: Andy Reid [Re: vmlb]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Dont really want Reid fired. But look at his track record. Great regular season coach. But when its a close playoff game his mind goes to crap in the end of the game situations.

His play calling and time management is terrible..look no furthur than the Titans playoff game last season...Dominant first half leading 21-3...got super conservative in the 2nd half and loses 22-21.

That Charger game was eerily similar losing 29-28. And now he has a superior qb...no more excuses. If he cant get one playoff win this season he has to go..

#2036966 - 12/17/18 10:32 AM Re: Andy Reid [Re: Josh2408]
jayhawk_4_life2 Offline
John Brown

Loc: one foot in slave state one fo...
Originally Posted By: appyhawk

You guys won't like this but here goes I would replace him with Lincoln Riley

Sooo you're mad about the defense let's bring in another guy whose defense is worse at a lower level??

Here is the problem: They thought Nelson and Fuller would come along. They didn't plan for Eric Berry or Sorenson to miss So much of the year... They had 2 back up safeties for most of the year. and 3 CB who right now are best in the slot. Phillip Rivers made an amazing throw on 3rd down or the Chiefs win that game. the coverage was outstanding (on that throw) just a better throw and catch. I've been a chief fan since before Bill Kinney and let me tell you people got tired of "marty ball" No passing and struggled to win many playoff games, What happened after that era? Chiefs got tired of the Vermeil era high octane offense and not much on the defense, What happened after that era? Now you are tired of Andy Reid? 2 and most likely 3 consecutive AFC west Champs and playoff wins but now with a rookie QB, 3rd String RB, 1 of the top 3 WR out, 2 of 5 OL hurt plus missing 2 Safeties and not having an outside CB (This is their fault!). yeah good call....

#2036974 - 12/17/18 11:21 AM Re: Andy Reid [Re: vmlb]
vmlb Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

According to most fans the best player on the team is the backup QB. They might be right in Philly this year.

#2036975 - 12/17/18 11:24 AM Re: Andy Reid [Re: vmlb]
Josh2408 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Foles is more accurate than Wentz and has better pocket presence, at this stage of their careers

#2036985 - 12/17/18 07:05 PM Re: Andy Reid [Re: vmlb]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

This is about Andy and the Chiefs...drop the Eagles crapola...

#2036988 - 12/17/18 08:46 PM Re: Andy Reid [Re: vmlb]
vmlb Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

This is about Andy. He played Alex when Nick was on the team.

#2036989 - 12/17/18 08:48 PM Re: Andy Reid [Re: vmlb]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Shattttup. Ok maybe another mistake by Reid.

#2037178 - 12/23/18 07:17 PM Re: Andy Reid [Re: vmlb]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Gay blade pwhitt wrong again...I would face Pittsburgh before any other playoff team. Ravens wouls be the last team I would want to see in Camarohead. And puhlease let me Brady there in the AFC Championship game...pretty please. KC would roll them.

#2037179 - 12/23/18 10:13 PM Re: Andy Reid [Re: vmlb]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Fire Reid now. He will never win it all.

#2037182 - 12/24/18 12:06 PM Re: Andy Reid [Re: vmlb]
KUHawkhead Online   sick
Wilt Chamberlain

I think if KC can just shore up some sort of defense, they are more than capable of winning it all. Bad thing is, the dings and pains are starting to catch up to the skill players (as they do every team this time of year) and it's really cutting down on the offensive efficiency side.

Going to be interesting the next few weeks.

RCJHKU!

#2037184 - 12/24/18 12:37 PM Re: Andy Reid [Re: vmlb]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

IMO the 3 most exciting prime time games played in the NFL this season involved the Chiefs. The game last night was one of them.
That doesn't happen as a result of poor coaching and defective game planning. Chiefs are missing some pieces on defense (who isn't?) and one important MIA on offense, but they appear to be in great shape looking forward.
I like to believe the same thing applies to the Seahawks who, despite all the youth, last night secured their 7th playoff berth in the past 9 years. Only the Pat's record surpasses that.
I have also really enjoyed watching Houston take off. Watson is another of the keepers emerging as QB super star players. I could see that coming last year, and this year it is playing out.
There has been a lot of great football played in the NFL this year.

#2037186 - 12/24/18 01:21 PM Re: Andy Reid [Re: vmlb]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Aaaahhh shat up ya dang Seahawk bandwagon fan...lol. Yes Chiefs was down to their 4th string running back..no Sammy Watkins..and Berry still isnt 100%...Reid was going with the young guys as our defensive backs last night. They did pretty good....Wilson was just making perfect passes..most likely his best game of the season. I just dont want the Chiefs to lose their first playoff game again..

#2037193 - 12/24/18 07:14 PM Re: Andy Reid [Re: vmlb]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

It'll probably be the Ravens again.

#2037195 - 12/24/18 08:54 PM Re: Andy Reid [Re: vmlb]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Already beat them...they can beat them again...

#2037196 - 12/25/18 09:51 AM Re: Andy Reid [Re: PHOGUSHER]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: PHOGUSHER
Already beat them...they can beat them again...
True but revenge games scare me. The Ravens are playing really well now.

#2037197 - 12/25/18 11:58 AM Re: Andy Reid [Re: vmlb]
Josh2408 Offline
Max Falkenstien

My father in law would rather the Chiefs play the Texans than the Colts or Ravens in the Divisional round

Edited by Josh2408 (12/25/18 11:59 AM)

#2037198 - 12/25/18 05:07 PM Re: Andy Reid [Re: vmlb]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

This is one of those years where the top rated teams are that for a reason, but each may be a vulnerable favorite cabale of losing to any other team in the playoffs.
If it was my call I think I would rather face the Colts than any of the other AFC teams. Now watch the Colts make a Cinderella run...

#2037202 - 12/26/18 02:59 PM Re: Andy Reid [Re: vmlb]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

I think after beating da Radars Andy will have the team more than ready with 2 weeks rest. Even Senor Sore Foot might be ready. I predict making the AFC Championship game as a minimum...

#2037203 - 12/26/18 04:08 PM Re: Andy Reid [Re: PHOGUSHER]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
Originally Posted By: PHOGUSHER
I think after beating da Radars Andy will have the team more than ready with 2 weeks rest. Even Senor Sore Foot might be ready. I predict making the AFC Championship game as a minimum...

Snakebit franchise.....Might get to Champ game, but not the big one! Weird that they have not returned to the SuperBowl since the 69 season.

#2037205 - 12/26/18 05:43 PM Re: Andy Reid [Re: vmlb]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Snakebit due to poor/cheap ownership. You get what you pay for...its actually more like karma...Chiefs management has done many players wrong over the years.

#2037270 - 12/31/18 07:06 PM Re: Andy Reid [Re: vmlb]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Fat Jayhawk 99 knows nothing accept where is next meal might be at...Newton is right...the Raiders tried yesterday...Chiefs was that much better. 99 is a typical pessimistic flatlander that has no faith in his local teams. Ahh heck he is 3/4 Kensuckian anymore....his teeth are falling out daily.....

#2037434 - 01/06/19 06:45 PM Re: Andy Reid [Re: vmlb]
vmlb Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Watching the wild card games gives me hope for the chefs.
Dbacks are not called for interference or holding.
Probably be different when the chefs play, due to reputation.

Foltz is the most clutch QB in the NFL.

Experienced QBs are winning.

#2037453 - 01/06/19 09:41 PM Re: Andy Reid [Re: vmlb]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Colts seem to always have the chief's number in the playoffs. Hoping for something different this time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Preview